DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Emonds field, who brought or followed who?

anthonyelayne

In book 1 three characters arrived almost almost at the same time. Moiraine, Fain and Thom. Does anyone know if one brought the other or if one was following someone else? Does this have anything to do with the Thom + Moiraine relationship even then? Wish it was better explained in the books so i wouldnt have to ask you all questions you've probably already discussed. Although this is the best source of info i can find. Any help?

All 11. Probably read them to fast. im on my second go around on book 7 now. Finally got a friend to start reading them and after being a member at dragonmount, new questions of the whole begining started popping up. Maybe just looking into it to much but thought it might not have been just coincidence.

No, Fain was a Darkfriend and also traveled to various places to trade (one of them being the Two Rivers). He was summoned by the Dark One and given orders to find the Dragon Reborn and was also some 'gifts' to help him. It says that he only acknowledged Perrin, Mat and Rand as men in the last year or so (I'm guessing that this was when he received his orders). He somehow found out that the Dragon reborn was one of the three. He didn't follow Moraine. Thom didn't know Moraine either, it was all just a coincidence, perhaps taveren work.

No, there's no need to remove your post; every question is a valid one, and if it is something we have discussed before we will simply give you a link to the most relevant thread for you to read.

There are just SO many questions in WoT, we're happy to read every one.  ;D

Guest The Thin Inn Keeper

and u just had people ruion the rest of the book 4 u

Nope he's on his second read through of the series.

And if he worried about spoilers, well there's always the structured board.

If it helps, RJ originally intended to write two other new spring style novellas, one of which dealt with Tam's life, the other which dealt with why exactly Moiraine came to be in the Two Rivers at exactly the right time--something suggestively supported by her comment to Lan, that 'I thought we had gained a march on the Shadow'.

Beyond that, Fain was likely sent to the Two Rivers as a result of the boys growing ta'verenism. We know that they only really became ta'veren a few months prior to the beginning of the book, but how long would something as ponderous as the wheel take to build to that, how long would the ta'maral'ailen have been building around them before it truly centered?

Ishamael knew the Dragon had been reborn, and must have been watching for any flow in the pattern to indicate the appearence of a ta'veren (as we know he could do). Seeing the beginning swirl, he sent Fain to identify the cause. It took him three years to be certain, three years for the ta'maral'ailen around the boys to grow in strength enough to mark them--but it did.

Thom was a random. And i believe originally intended to be a red herring. I think RJ wanted us to think he was the reason the Trollocs came to Emmond's Field, to provide for the plot twist. All that about Lan not seeing him in the fight, and so on. But yes, he was there purely through his role as a gleeman.

Archived