DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Battle Ajah

RAND AL THOR

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct, Bob T Dwarf  :D

She [Graendal] used Compulsion so often like a hammer that one might forget that she could wield the weaker forms of it with great delicacy, twisting a mind's path so subtly that even the closest examination might miss every trace of her.  In fact, she might have been the best at that who ever lived.

He let the gateway vanish but held on to saidin; those tricks did not work on someone wrapped in the Source.

So that tells us that the Compulsion weave, the one done by Graendal and forbidden to Aes Sedai, would NOT work on ANY person holding the source, not just men.

How this relates to the compulsion used through the Bond, I don't know.

Unfortunately thats not true--we've seen compulsion work on women wrapped in saidar. First when Moghedian compels Nynaeve and Elayne, and then when Graendal compels Moghedian and Cyndane. Sammael was being generic, apprently. That protection only works for men.

My guess is that it has to do with the chaos of saidin--or perhaps the mindset of those controlling it, a constant fight for dominance that automatically resists attempts to control it. Saidar on the other hand is calm, and the mindset submissive.

Is that done through the warder bond? I thought warders swore to obey their AS. Furthermore, almost all AS look at the compulsion weave as something that is intolerable. Why would they use it through the bond?

Compulsion through the bond is different from the compulsion weave?

Not all of them DO use it. Moiraine makes clear that she conciders using the bond to compel a warder disgusting. But that being said they can use it, and it does compel total obeidience. The Aes Sedai prevaricate about it, saying that its not compulsion but an element of the bond, but they are being sophistic--it is exactly compulsion. And it is the reason Rand could not be compelled by Alanna.

Unfortunately thats not true--we've seen compulsion work on women wrapped in saidar. First when Moghedian compels Nynaeve and Elayne, and then when Graendal compels Moghedian and Cyndane. Sammael was being generic, apprently. That protection only works for men.

I had forgotten about that, Luckers  :D

Archived