DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Trainee Explores the Tower! (Attn: Open RP)

Sylvirci

Gaidan had just checked out his room and stowed his gear. Taking a quick wash to clean away dirt and sweat from his 100 lap run he thought about what to do next. I have seen the Yard and will be seeing probably more then I ever want to in the years to come. The town would be interesting but I would just get lost and the rules said to wait and go with a Tower Guard. That leaves the White Tower itself then. Having settled his mind on what to do for the remainder of the afternoon he got dressed quickly in his best tunic and breeches. Dark green tunic and brown breeches on and straightened to the best of his ability, he left his room with his sword on his back and his dagger in his belt.

Deciding to invite to invite Melenis he stopped by her room and knocked. Waiting a moment for a moment he decided to crack the door and holler inside, " I'm going to go visit the White Tower. You can catch up if you want." Having invited her in a roundabout manner he continued to walk through the Yard and invited anyone who asked him where he was going. Most declined and some of those chuckled as if they knew something he didn't. Brushing any negative thoughts aside he walked briskly to the Tower.

Walking in the gate, he said hello politely to anyone he saw. Smiling at the granduer of the place and at the people around him he walked slowly up to the great big entrance doors to the White Tower. Striding into the Tower in awe, he looked everywhere and admired the work of whoever crafted this masterful building.

He started to wander through the halls trying hard not to miss anything. He saw women in plain white dresses, white dresses with rainbow like bands around the bottom and women wearing extravagant dresses with predominant colors slashed or straiped with complimenting color. They were all of varying complextions and sizes. There must be women here from every Kingdom and Country! He noticed that some of them, the ones wearing colored dresses, had faces that either bordered on ageless or were ageless.

The halls themselves were full of wonderful vases and stands, finely crafted nooks and alcoves, elaborate tapestries and flags. All in all he found the Tower to be amazing! One day I will serve one of these women as her Warder! I hope that day comes soon so I can repay the debt I owe. Walking further into the Tower as he was lost in thoughts, he hardly realized the disapproving stares being given to him or the sudden approach of very loud and purposeful footsteps comong quickly towards him from behind.

Gaidan Hatori, Warder Trainee

OOC: Have fun Ladies!

Jerinia was walking through the corridor on her way back from Larindhra's office when she noticed a man walk around the corner. While she wasn't alienated from society to the point of not remembering what men looked like, it was still a bit odd to find one walking around in an area the other petitioners weren't allowed in. Maybe he needed a hand? Yup yup. Walking over determinedly, she stopped behind Gaidan, who appeared to be taking in the scenery.

- "Hiyas, i'm Jerinia. Need help with anything?" ^_^

Grinning enthousiastically, she leaned forwards a bit, tilting her head as she looked the shorter man in the face. Though she wondered what he was doing here -- or how he had escaped the Aes Sedais' watchful gazes in the waiting room, for that matter -- she nevertheless assumed he was here for a reason, which meant he probably needed help of some kind. The Tower could be a maze to someone not used to it, Light, she still sometimes took a wrong turn herself!

Jerinia Zaralyn

Welcome to MY world ;)

Jolted out of his wonderous stupor he gave himself a quick shake and focus on the young Lady before him. She was a very pretty red-haired woman of exceptional height for a woman. Blushing slightly as he realized he was staring, he coughed to clear his suddenly dry throat and said softly, " I was just exploring Lady. I am a new trainee in the Warders Yard and I thought I would see the place and women I will one day protect," in a much softer voice that was barely over a whisper he added, " I hope!"

Looking around he noticed all the women staring and most of the looks were anything but pleasant. Thinking quickly he turned back to the woman standing before him. "Might I trouble you to show me around Lady? I promise I won't get in the way or bug anyone. I just want to see and memorize the Tower in case, and Creator forbid, the Tower gets breached in an attack. I need to know my way around so I can better protect the Aes Sedai, " and in a mere whisper and witha fierceness that spoke volumes clear upon his face he adds, " Or my own Aes Sedai!"

Gaidan Hatori, Warder Trainee

Jerinia blinked for a moment, processing the information, before beaming a smile at Gaidan. He was a Warder! Well, a trainee, anyway, but still.

- "Hey, that's great! I've heard some Accepted talk about the Yards, but us Novices aren't allowed near them. And the only time i tried, i got caught." :S

Wincing painfully at the memory, she listened to the Trainee's request before nodding in agreement. Ignoring the task she had originally been sent out to do -- and there was never NOT a task that needed to be done -- she set about showing the dark brown haired boy around. Though there were some odd looks from the Novices and Accepted when she showed him around the dorm areas.

• 2 weeks later...

Jaydena nodded at the other women in the meeting room and then spoke, "I agree with you Emalia, I think that the Greens need to show a unified front to all of the Tower, despite the splits within our own Ajah in regards to how to deal with certain people. Not only that but the Greens need to unite with as many Ajahs as possible to face the gathering storm. So this is what I purpose, step out of your comfort zone, and try to start a conversation with one Sister of another Ajah with which you are not on good terms. Let's all be on our best behavior, after all they are our Sisters and we swore an Oath to them and to the Tower. You are dismissed, if you have any questions, you can find me in my office in about two hours. I have some errands to run until that time." The other women nodded their head respectfully at their Ajah Head and Head Sitter and then filed out one by one. She returned their bows or head nodding with a quick nod and then gathered up the writing materials on the table. The stationary has the Green Ajah logo on it and was fairly costly; she didn't want to see any of it go to waste. She stowed it, the writing desks, and the quills inside their stands and then walked from the room.

Her waist length auburn hair was loose today and she was wishing she had tied it up, for it was fairly hot in the Tower today. She eyed the dress she wore and smiled. It was a new creation, something she would never have worn herself but her dressmaker has assured her it would look dignified while stunning at the same time. Considering the comments she had gotten from the Green Sisters she had been right. The dress was a deep green, in fact so dark it was almost black and somehow a metallic glint had been added to the fabric. It glinted and shone in the light and in candlelight. The bodice was very low cut and made into a heart shape, the open area framed her cleavage and then the fabric moved up to hook around her neck. The back was also open almost to the curve of her backside. Entwining hearts made their way across the surface of the fabric in silver embroidery. Inside the heart cut out a necklace with a green emerald heart hung. Matching earring hung from her ears and she also wore a silver belt around her waist. She planned to meet with the Amyrlin today and she didn't want to look like a peasant before her.  Her feet were encased in green walking slippers and her feet were quiet as she made her way through the Tower. As she reached the edge of the Green Halls she noticed a young man and woman gazing in awe at one of the tapestries depicting a particularly bloody battle scene. She strode forward, "I do hope you both have a reason for being inside the Green Quarters. Come let me see your notes of permission."

Jaydena Mckanthur

"I do hope you both have a reason for being inside the Green Quarters. Come let me see your notes of permission."

- "Eh? Oh hi there... Jaydena Sedai, wasn't it?" ^^

Though she was able to recognise the Aes Sedai from the tea party the Green Ajah had held not too long ago, Jerinia nevertheless ended up staring at the woman's dress for a couple of seconds. Now that would be a welcome change from her Novice garb! Having worn nothing but white for what seemed like forever, she was looking forward to the day she'd be able to at least wear her jewellery again, or even her old cloak...

Still, the look Jaydena was giving her was enough to snap her out of it. The Aes Sedai would more than likely be expecting an answer from her. Even if she didn't have any.

- "Well umm... You see... Gaidan's from the Warder Yards. I noticed him walking around the Tower, so i asked if i could help him with anything. He asked me to show him around, so i am."

Biting her lip nervously, she looked around again, noticing no one but the three of them in the immediate area so far. It made the Aes Sedai look all the more intimidating... though that could just have been Jerinia's imagination.

- "As for the permission notes.. I don't have any, Aes Sedai. We only ended up here because it's the closest place coming from the Novice and Accepted dorms and--"

Jerinia

Having the feeling she's about to die.

Gaidan's jaw dropped at the beautiful woman who now stood before him. She was ample in all the right areas and she had the most wonderful form that he had ever seen on a woman! He began to wonder what it would be like to serve her as her Warder when he realized his checks were getting hot and the young woman next to him was answering the woman's question.

Picking up that the beauty before him was someone of importance by the way his companion talked and deferred to her, he bowed deeply as he replied, " Forgive me if I have erred bt being here. Please do not blame Jerinia, I am new in the Warders Yard and asked to be led around. I wished to see the Tower as one day, Creator forbide, I might have to defend it Aes Sedai. I also am very fond of the wonderful pieces of art and stonework that was magnificently done throughout the White Tower Aes Sedai. I might have missed hearing a rule inregards as to whether or not I can be here. Would you care to inform me and teach me Aes Sedai? I will do all that you ask, I swear upon my honor!"

He risked a glance at the Aes Sedai's face to see if she was upset but as of yet it was unreadable. He got the feeling that he was being weighed and judged in that look and she was the Divine hand of the Creator about to pass such judgement on him! Gulping quickly, and loudly, he ducked his head back down and waited.

Gaidan Hatori, Trainee of the Warders

Feeling like he is about to be spanked! ;)

Jaydena watched the two of them quietly, waiting for an answer, trainees weren't allowed in the Tower and she was sure this young man wasn't yet a guard or she would know it. The Greens kept pretty close tabs on who was Tower Guard and potentially who could end up a Green Warder. The Novice spoke first and Jade about choked, the girl actually asked her name, as if the girl didn't know, "Eh? Oh Hi there... Jaydena Sedai, wasn't it?" She folded her hands calmly at her waist, not showing any emotion as the girl continued, "Well umm... You see... Gaidan's from the Warder Yards. I noticed him walking around the Tower, so I asked if I could help him with anything. He asked me to show him around, so I am. As for the permission notes.. I don't have any, Aes Sedai. We only ended up here because it's the closest place coming from the Novice and Accepted dorms and--" Jaydena eyed the young man as she heard his name come from the novices mouth. The girl talked entirely to much and wasn't respectful enough. She arched an eyebrow at the excuses and then was about to speak with her when Gaidan spoke.

Looking at him she had to wonder if that was his real name or not, it didn't seem like it was possible but who knew, some parents had asperations for their children long before they began to show talents one way or another. "Forgive me if I have erred by being here. Please do not blame Jerinia, I am new in the Warders Yard and asked to be led around. I wished to see the Tower as one day, Creator forbide, I might have to defend it Aes Sedai. I also am very fond of the wonderful pieces of art and stonework that was magnificently done throughout the White Tower Aes Sedai. I might have missed hearing a rule inregards as to whether or not I can be here. Would you care to inform me and teach me Aes Sedai? I will do all that you ask, I swear upon my honor!"  Jade just about chuckled at his earnestness but kept her face calm, she had seen him eye her as a man eyed a woman.

That had about make her burst into laughter, she hadn't been with someone in so long she couldn't remember what a man or woman's body for that matter felt like and she was old enough to be his great grandmother several times over. She nodded at him and spoke, "Well Gaidin, you most certainly are not allowed inside any of the Ajah quarters, you are only allowed inside the Great Hall and only with permission. However, Jerinia has been here long enough to know she's not allowed in the Ajah Quarters without permission, she also should know that she's forbidden to be seen or interact with a Tower Trainee or Tower Guard. I don't know that I am quite the right woman to teach you about the Tower young man. Come back to me in a few years and you have reached Tower Guard and we will talk about me teaching you anything. As for this situation, Jerinia you will come with me and we will talk to the Mistress of Novices about your apparent lack of listening when the rules are stated. Gaidan, you will report to your commander and let him know what you did. I want a note from him letting me know that you have come to him." She eyed the two of them, "Do either of you have any questions?"

Jaydena Mckanthur

Head of the Green and Sitter

Gaidan almost choked when he heard that Jerinia was going to be punished! He finished listening to the Aes Sedai, as he got the impression that she was above most others. The lack of other Sisters pointed to just such a conclusion. When she finished he hesitated for just a moment before speaking quickly in a rushed voice.

" Aes Sedai? It is my fault! I was already where I shouldn't have been and I convinced her to lead me around. Please allow me to accept double punishment! I will take hers and mine, all that I humbly ask is that she is simply given a spoken reprimand. Please Aes Sedai?! I would feel horrible if my blunder caused her or any Sister harm!"

He waited while dancing from one foot to another and hoped that Jerinia would avoid any punishment. He prayed to the Creator that she wouldn't! He knew he looked a sight so he carefully, and deliberately wrapped himself in the Void and stood like a stoic stature awaiting the answer as if waiting til the end of time. Straight faced and unmoving as a rock!

Gaidan Hatori, Trainee of the Warders

Jerinia winced visibly at the mention of punishment, though unlike the last couple of times she raised her head in protest to getting blamed for this. Well... part of this, anyway. Gaidan cut her short by offering to take up her share of the punishment as well, at which she shot him an apologetic look that was just an inch short of a physical pat on the back.

- "Oh, don't worry about me, things always ends up like this for some reason..." ^^;

Still, be it from wanting to reduce the punishment to be issued to Gaidan or from a simpler desire for justification, but this time the Malkieri girl decided to stand up for herself. True, it didn't amount to much, due to the look the Aes Sedai was giving her as much as her own conscience telling her that she carried at least part of the blame, but she still wanted to say what she had intended to earlier.

- "Aes Sedai, that isn't fair! Yes, i know i'm not allowed in the Ajah Quarters, but the rules just say i'm not allowed to go to the Warder's Yards without permission. And i haven't! If you don't count the Ajah Quarters just now, i haven't gone anywhere i wasn't supposed to!" <.<;

Her voice, though clearly audible in the hall, had taken on a pleading tone. Though she knew she likely wouldn't be getting out of being punished for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, she'd at least try to only get punished for the rules she had actually broken. Or have Gaidan be punished for them, if Jaydena took him up on his offer. Either way, it'd be less punishments, which was a good thing, right?

Jerinia

Didn't break that rule.