DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Green Run In... (Oh Halvie....)

Posted: 28 Jan 2006 02:38 am Post subject: A Green Run In... (Oh Halvie....)

Perhaps it was the book she had her head in that made the Accepted turn the corner too fast and run into someone. Perhaps it was the fact that she had stayed up the night before working on her studies and was barely able to stand at the moment. Perhaps it was a number of things that kept her from concentrating on where she was going. Or maybe... it was the Green Ajah class a few days before where Tiassale Sedai had been discussing Gaidin and their bonds. And what it meant to lose it. She'd experienced loss before, but she'd spent most of her life keeping her distance from anyone that might love her. As a novice, one girl had broken through all her walls, and her death had left Aramina unable to connect to anyone since. It still haunted her and though she tried not to let it, her focus shifted often and kept her from attaining the the true power and stature she had seen in the Accepted who had surpassed her and become Aes Sedai.

As she rounded the corner she came to a jolt and she was jostled by another body. She lost her grasp on the book she was reading and it went flying. She looked up in surprise to see the face of Halvie Sedai. She gave out a small gasp and she quickly fell into a deep bow. "Forgive me Aes Sedai. I was reading and was careless."

(((There's a small start for ya )))

~’*’~ Her hand shook with weakly suppressed rage; that fool of a child, to have attempted to try her patience. The girl held potential and leaned strongly towards the Greens yet that tendency for other frivolous affairs had resulted in neglected work. The problems had spiralled until she had been forced to wait over an hour for the novice to materialise for her lessons this morning; she of all people, when a swarm of agents & delegates were banging on her door, with shadows fraught with uncertainties creeping in. The novice had suffered swift retribution and Halvie suffered from no compunction whatsoever, so terrible had her temper been. Practiced protocol and suitable decorum had been pushed to the edge within the confines of her quarters, shied from the prying, shifting eyes of strangers. She still shivered from its effects; not for the biting wind that now whistled through the elegant halls.

~’*’~ Little wonder perhaps that Halvie was turned on when some unknown force collided forcefully into her precipitately. Only training prevented her from reacting viscerally and that could only be counted as an understatement. Vaguely was she aware of the apologies that came tumbling forth, an elegant bow sketched as precise and immediate as one would expect of those born into the dark intrigue of convoluted courts & strict decorum. The Tower trained its raising generation well but perhaps even it was not perfect. A bare handful littered the lower quarters of novices and accepteds yet there were always the few who slipped past its heavy disciplinarian hand, whether unwittingly or by means of some devious source.

~’*’~ As it was, Momentarily thrown into disorientation, she forgot that yet another the novice waited to hear her speak. It would never do to display any slip of emotion however tempting, and so she purposefully took her time in regaining her composure, allowing the clumsy child to remain deeply bowed; a most uncomfortable posture to be sure. Sharp green eyes traced the slightly tousled hair with its bright highlights dressed in elaborate curls, down towards features meekly cast earthward and her distinctively white dress. Aramina sur Dulciena, an aspirant of the Battle Ajah; she knew of this child through the occasional note her informants passed to her. From information garnered, the child had vast potential that only invited to be manipulated by her betters, more so when she seemed to be withdrawing from the inhabitants of the Tower. Taciturn. Quiet. Almost shy. She would soon determine how true they were.

~’*’~ “Clumsy, aren’t you? What were you thinking of, blundering about the hallways in such an ungainly manner? Accepted you may be but I should have expected even someone like you to know how to walk properly, or do you possess some form of physical disability?†she questioned cruelly, with more intention in knowing Aramina’s reactions towards her words rather than the answers given. First impressions were so vital; she might even consider showering special interest on this girl if she was as talented as her informants suggested, whether she would be worthy of any investment of time from Halvie. She wondered, and waited.

Halvie Sedai

Sister of the Green Ajah

Ooc: I know. I’m terrible. Shame me. :P

“Clumsy, aren’t you? What were you thinking of, blundering about the hallways in such an ungainly manner? Accepted you may be but I should have expected even someone like you to know how to walk properly, or do you possess some form of physical disability?â€

Aramina sat in a curtsy until the Aes Sedai began to speak. The words weren't what she had expected. She was tired, preoccupied, and not at all in the mood to be reprimanded for a simple mistake. A deep breath as she had her eyes downturned, and then she straighted up and met the Aes Sedai's eyes. Her face was carefully in place, her facade that none had broken threw in years. It was a safe place to hide in this world, and in a world of secrets and politics, a useful tool.

"Forgive me Aes Sedai." She said in a cool voice. "I am not normally so clumsy." It grated to say it but she continued on. "I was reading and did not pay attention. I am sorry Aes Sedai. I will be more careful in the future."