DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Gem to Add to the White Tower(Attn: Arya)

leelu

DM Member

Posted: 11 Feb 2006 02:11 am Post subject: A Gem to Add to the White Tower (Attn: Arya)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swirling the wine around in her goblet, Serena peered over the edge of the cup. Her tilted emerald eyes would pierce any that crossed her gaze. Pipe smoke filled the room, the swirls of gray obstructed the vision. Always a decent place to look for a scheming worm, the tavern. However, he could not be found. Not willing to give up this one, the Blue Sister took a sip and went back to watching the common room of the Inn. A couple stole kisses in a booth in the corner, thinking they were unseen. Shaking her head, Serena smirked and let out a light laugh. One is always a fool when they are in love, she thought silently to herself.

Reaching into her coat pocket she produced a pipe and some good Two Rivers tobacco. While packing the pipe with her thumb she went back to convincing herself that this trip to Ebou Dar was NOT a complete failure. She had stopped to speak with several Eyes and Ears of hers, and some nobles needed her advice on certain things, which was always useful to know that you were needed by the people in your world. Duels had been fought around her and riots had needed to be broken up, however, she still could not find this slimy creature of a man that surely had the Dark One in his blood. If he was not a Darkfriend himself, than he was being manipulated by someone that was. Which made for an even more interesting scenario.

Leaning back, the raven haired Aes Sedai puffed on her pipe as she thought, pretending not to pay attention to the room around her. Perhaps he would show eventually. Not long after she began smoking her pipe, a slumped figure appeared through the door. With a sly smile, the Blue Sister stood up nonchalantly and seemed to glide over to where he was. As quiet as her soft black leather boots were, with the added noise of the gleeman playing his flute, Serena hardly made a sound. Before he knew it, she whispered in his ear. "I think it best you come with me. You have some...explaining to do." Gripping his elbow with her forefinger and thumb, he yelped and allowed himself to be led out the door.

Once Serena had pulled him into the alley behind the Inn, where there was no one around, she let go of his arm. Her garb would have fooled any bum or wanderer. She lacked the formal dress her sisters seemed to love, and had donned her black breeches, white blouse and floor lenght tight fitted royal blue coat. The only difference in this coat, was that it lacked the embroidered flame of Tar Valon and the blue stitching around it. However, this man was no ordinary homeless man, he recognized her ageless features right away and turned to run, his left hand sliding into his coat pocket. Most likely to retrive a knife.

Embracing the True Source before the man could even get the knife out, Serena wove thick threads of Air around his arms and legs and pushed him up against the wall of a building. She would have stuffed a knot of Air into his mouth, too, if she didn't need to speak with him. Stocking up to him, and lifting her chin so she could look down her nose at him, the Blue Sister began to question him. He tried to squirm and wiggle out of the grasp of her threads, but he could not. When she was about ready to let him go, she sensed something she had not expected to feel. Arching a dark eyebrow in question and curiosity, she turned around to see where the source of such a feeling was coming from. A channeler was near by, the One Power was not strong, so it must have been a young girl that had not even learned how to Embrace the Source, yet.

Furrowing her brow, she let go of her weaves of Air and shooed the man away. He left without a second thought. Turning to where she had felt the presance of a channeler, she crept quietly around the corner. There...staring her right in the face was a girl, maybe an inch shorter than she was. Her chin length dark hair hung straight and her eyes seemed as black as coal. Tilting her head to the side, Serena smiled. Letting the smile touch her eyes. It was always a wonderful thing to find a new girl that would be able to channel.

Serena Sedai

Blue Ajah

Bonded to Thera

OOC: I thought this might be a good place to leave it. I didn't want to RP your character at all so if this doesn't work for you, we can try something else. Alright? RP away my dear...hehehe

Serena Morrigan- Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah~Bonded to Thera Trakelyn

Onyx Drakor~Dedicated

Erin~Damane of Ariana-ADL of SC

Arya

DM Member

Posted: 12 Feb 2006 05:50 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arya gingerly removed the dressings that covered the almost-healed gash on the right side of her face. The wounds she had received from the recent duel had forced her to rest in bed while her flesh knitted itself back together. She pulled herself up from the pallet and began to dress herself. Alina, the innkeeper's wife slipped quietly into the room.

"Arya, you must rest. You are not ready to be up and about. You must continue to rest until your body has mended itself completely."

Arya sighed. "I can't allow you to do this for me. You have already done so much for my father. He would be gone by now if not for you. And we have no way of repaying you. I can only bear to let you assist my father because he is all I have left, and I have no other choice."

The other woman's eyes fell to the floor and she reached for Arya's arm.

She couldn't bear to ask the question. "He's gone?"

The innkeeper's wife nodded sadly. "I'm so sorry. It was two nights ago. It happened as he slept."

Arya nodded sadly. The news was not entirely unexpected, but it surprised her that she did not break down completely. She was the only one left. First her mother and the baby, then her beloved brother Sam, and now her father. "Mistress Alina, please, let me do something to repay you. Anything."

"Please, child. You know very well that we want nothing in return."

Arya suspected that her mother had done something very important for Alina before she was born, but Alina would never speak of it. "I thank you for everything," Arya murmured as she continued dressing. Her dress had once been a pale yellow wool, but too much wear had turned it a muddy brown. It was her only dress, and it hung limply from her shoulders. The rest of her clothing and her cheap jewelry had been sold long ago, but she still had her long, curved knife, and she put it on her plain belt. She was leaving Ebou Dar. This place was no longer her home.

"I will be forever grateful to you." Arya said and hugged Alina tightly. She pulled her cloak about her shoulders and left without looking back.

She knew that she should wait. She was wearing all that she owned. It would be all but impossible for her to get more than a few days from Ebou Dar without joining the rest of her family, but she didn't mind. She left the inn and went north, weaving through alleyways, paying little attention to the people she passed. As she turned a corner, she stopped in her tracks. Farther down the alley, she saw a dark haired woman in a long blue coat. The woman was standing over a man who had his back against the wall of one of the buildings. Strangely, the man seemed to be unable to move, though he looked like he wanted nothing more. What Arya was seeing was obviously none of her business and she had no interest in dueling anyone today. She quickly went back the way she came, intending to take a different path. But she had barely taken three steps around the corner before she stopped. There was something about the woman she had just seen. Every instinct she had told her to keep going, but she didn't. She was still for a moment, and when she turned, she saw the woman from the alley turn the corner and stop. She tilted her head and smiled. Her vibrant green eyes seemed to see through Arya's skin, deep down inside.

"I'm sorry, my Lady," Arya stuttered. "I didn't mean to.. I didn't see.. I had not intention..."

She obviously wasn't going to find the words she was looking for, so she curtsied so quickly and clumsily that she almost toppled over.

Last edited by Arya on 18 Feb 2006 07:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

leelu

DM Member

Posted: 17 Feb 2006 08:08 am Post subject:

Shaking her head as the child attempted a curtsy and practically tripped over her own feet, Serena's smile broadened. "Nonsense, Child. What you saw can do no harm to me, to you or to that horrible man." As she said the last, she wrinkled her nose and thrust her thumb back in the direction of where she had come. "I almost wish it would harm him, but I could wish in one hand and..." No, that cliche was too harsh for a childs ear. Casting aside her thoughts, she directed the conversation elsewhere. "Now, you interest me, and you look as if you haven't eaten in a week. Maybe longer. Would you wish to accompany me to the Inn I am staying at?"

Without waiting for an answer, the Aes Sedai led the girl into the Inn and took her previous seat. Waving for a serving girl, Serena ordered wine for the both of them, after carefully studying whether the girl should really have some or not. As the plump serving girl swayed away from the table, the Blue Sister cast her eyes about the room once more. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, and the din was loud enough for her to engage in such a conversation that might be too much for prying ears to hear.

Folding her small hands on the table before her, she fixed her eyes on the girl. "I suppose I should have introduced myself before inviting you, however, as I said...there is something about you that is of much interest to me." Her tilted emerald eyes sparkled. "I am Serena Morrigan, Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah." She gestured slightly with her right hand and dipped her left into an inside pocket, slipping her great serpent ring onto her index finger. "Please, tell me about yourself, Child. Afterwards, I will tell you what you wish of me that is within reason."

Tilting her head to the side again, Serena waited expectantly.

Serena Morrigan

Blue Ajah

Onyx Drakor~Dedicated

Arya

DM Member

Posted: 18 Feb 2006 07:56 pm Post subject:

Arya had not choice but to follow the woman into the inn.

They sat down, and the woman ordered wine for them both and introduced herself.

Quote:

"I suppose I should have introduced myself before inviting you, however, as I said...there is something about you that is of much interest to me." Her tilted emerald eyes sparkled. "I am Serena Morrigan, Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah." She gestured slightly with her right hand and dipped her left into an inside pocket, slipping her great serpent ring onto her index finger. "Please, tell me about yourself, Child. Afterwards, I will tell you what you wish of me that is within reason."

Tilting her head to the side again, Serena waited expectantly.

Arya only knew a little about Aes Sedai. She knew that the Queen had an Aes Sedai advisor, and that the Children of the Light called them witches. The rest she knew from stories, and there was no telling how much of that was true. She had definitely never seen one this close, much less talked to one. The woman said that there was something about Arya that interested her, though she couldn't begin to guess what that could be. It made no sense that this woman should even bother talking to her, but here they sat.

"My father died two nights ago," Arya whispered quietly, "and now I'm the only one left... they're all gone."

The serving girl returned with their wine, and Arya took a sip. The wetness on her tongue was wonderful. She hadn't realized how parched she was. She put her glass back onto the table and before she knew it, she had told the Aes Sedai all about her mother, and Sam. "So now, I'm all alone. This is not my home anymore, and if I have to die trying, I'm leaving this place."

leelu

DM Member

Posted: 24 Feb 2006 05:49 am Post subject:

Serena listened intently as Arya spoke. Her small hand touched Arya's arm when she mentioned the death of her father. The Blue Sister had experience with deaths in the family, especially her own. Serena had been the last one left of the Morrigans, as far as she knew, she too had left the city she had lived in. "May the Creator shelter him and honour him always." Serena offered the prayer from the Borderlands, from Saldaea, her home.

"I understand, Arya. Do not think that I do not. My family had all been cradled in the hands of the Creator before I went to Tar Valon. I was young, just after my fifteenth summer, I believe." Light, that was a long time ago. "I might be able to help you with your plans on leaving the city. In fact, my Gaidin and I are planning to head back north to Tar Valon. I would wish to have you accompany us. It will be safer for you." Tilted emerald eyes sparkled with mischeif and her lips quirked in a smile. "But, by the scar on your face, I see that you can take care of yourself quite well."

Tapping her fingers on the table, Serena wished to test Arya right away. What could she use? Pursing her lips the Aes Sedai decided to use the sapphire on the hilt of her dagger. It had worked once before with a Mentee during and Introduction to Saidar class, perhaps it would work with the Test. Nodding, she flicked her wrist and produced a dagger from her sleeve. Turning the hilt towards Arya so she could see the large gem on the base of the hilt, she asked. "Would you please do me a favour, Child? Try and calm yourself, close your eyes if you must for a moment. Listen only to the sound of my voice." She watched as Arya closed her eyes. Speaking in a monotone voice, "Just relax, feel your thoughts drift away from you. Calm yourself..." She went on for a moment. "Now, open your eyes and concentrate on this sapphire on the hilt of my dagger. Clear your thoughts, try not to think of anything." Serena waited for Arya to do so.

The Sapphire flashed once, then twice. Both quickly. With a smile, Serena nodded and placed a hand on the girls arm again. "Just as I thought, girl. You can channel."

Serena Morrigan

Blue Ajah

Bonded to Thera Trakelyn

OOC: Thera may or may not join us, we'll see. Thera- if y ou do join us, than please join on in wherever you like. Arya- please post your feelings on being able to channel and your reactions. Thanks!!

Onyx Drakor~Dedicated

Arya

DM Member

Posted: 29 Mar 2006 08:40 pm Post subject:

At first it was difficult to clear her mind, but finally she managed, and she stared intently at the Sapphire.

leelu wrote:

The Sapphire flashed once, then twice. Both quickly. With a smile, Serena nodded and placed a hand on the girls arm again. "Just as I thought, girl. You can channel."

Arya gasped. She didn't know what to think. She stared dumbly at the Sapphire.

Finally she realized that this meant she would be going to Tar Valon. From the little she knew, she was sure that the Aes Sedai would train her, at least for a while. She pondered this. Arya wasn't sure whether she wanted to be Aes Sedai, but she did know that this was a way out of Altara. She knew that her destiny lay elsewhere, and this was a path to elsewhere.

While she considered all of it, the Aes Sedai patiently sipped her wine. Finally, Arya sighed, "All right. I'm ready for whatever is to come. What is it that I need to do?"

Smiling, Serena flicked her wrist and her dagger disappeared up her sleeve. "Well, Child. Do you have much to pack? If not, it just so happens that I am finished with my business here and will be heading back to Tar Valon as soon as possible." Tilted emerals eyes danced with the light of finding a new innitiate. Hopefully the Mistress of Novices would assign Arya to her as a Mentee.

"Gather your things. I will buy a horse for you and we can be on our way by day-break. During our travels I will discuss some matters and basic Tower ettiquette with you so you will know what to expect once we reach the city." Studying Arya, she asked. "Are you ready?"

Serena Morrigan

Blue Ajah