DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Running South. (Attn: James, Kristen, Estel, Arinth)

Sato

As Daris walked around the wagons that were parked behind the tent he nodded smiling at some of the other performers, none of which returned the nod. Looking up at the midafternoon sun Daris sighed loudly. They still don't know what to think of what I did at the show for the queen. They didn't accept my excuse of a bad feeling and pure luck, but that's up to them. The only person who seems to believe it is Satine, and that doesn't mean much in my opinion. As if merely thinking of the woman summoned her the acrobat walked swayingly from between some wagons. Nodding to her and hurrying away Daris made his way toward his wagon, and his wife.

Closing the door behind him the former assassin hugged his wife and looked askance at her odd look. "I'm not feeling well," she said uneasily. "Don't worry, my beauty, I will retrieve a local herbmaster once the show is over and we will find out what is wrong with you, but for now I must make my way to the tent."

OOC: Alrighty, Satine, Simon, lets get cracking. And Simon, cheat'em good, Satine, steal plenty, I want to be able to eat well on the road to Cairhien. :lol:

Satine sashayed between the wagons, a small smile curving her lips and a spring in her step. She greeted everyone as she passed, fluttering her eyelashes for the men.

She threaded her way towards Simon's wagon, the most brightly painted monstrosity this side of the Arith Ocean, she was sure. Daris favoured her with a brief nod, before hurrying in the opposite direction. She eyed his back as he left, her mind turning over for the nth time the story he had provided her with. She told him she believed his tale, that indeed it had been some sort of intuition, and incredible luck that had led to his foiling of the assassination attempt on the Queen. Yet something about the story did not wash with her, but for now she reserved her judgment. She would have the truth from her arrogant fellow acrobat eventually, whether he liked it or not. One thing for sure was that there was more to him than she had originally believed. Interesting.

Satine paused outside Simon's wagon as she heard vocies, Simon's honeyed tone and a voice she didn't instantly recognise. Some of the words reached her, but she thought little of it, raising her hand to the door. She froze, her arm suspended. Simon was going to what? She looked around, but no one was paying her much heed. From all she could hear, Simon was up to something, and that something was not necessarily beneficial to the circus as a whole.

Footsteps sounded and Satine jumped back from the door just as it was opened, a stranger to her leaving with barely a sideways glance at her. Wasting no time she bounded up the few steps into the wagon and greeted Simon with a sweet smile. "I was hoping I might catch you alone." She purred as she swayed closer, the pulse at the base of Simon's neck flickering in a tell-tale manner.

Simon was a strong man, to be able to ignore Satine's advances, and despite the fact that she knew he must find her attractive, her brushed her aside distractedly and bounded out of the wagon. With a small sigh Satine flopped herself down on the narrow cot, causing a faint tinkling sound. Some quick exploration beneath the matress revealed red velvet purse, fat with coin. "Where in the light did Simon get this?" She murmered, craning her neck to look where he had left.

A familiar but long repressed itch tingled in her fingers. She wiggled them, her tongue moistening her lower lip as her eyes took in the abundance of money now propped against her knees. Satine's hesitation lasted only a moment, before she retied the strings, tucking the purse beneath the belt on her pants, hiding it from view. The jingle would be noticable, but she planned to deposit it quickly.

Stepping lightly from the wagon she made her way with careful, measured steps, so as not to loose the purse. It seemed an age until she reached her own small wagon, but she hastily shut the door behind her, locking it before she dared reveal her find. A grin of achievement crossed her features as she weighed the purse in her hand, before hiding it carefully at the bottom of her clothes trunk. She'd even seen gold in that purse! Satisfied and filled with adrenalin, Satine bounded from her wagon and headed towards the main tent.