DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sneezes and Sniffles {Atten: Lii}

TaiDashan

D'Ashan woke up, lying there for a moment and listening to his surroundings. They didn't sound familiar. He thought back trying to remember the last thing that had happened. An encounter with that woman back at the Inn, the brandy, the rain, and more brandy. Everything else was a blur, thanks in part to the brandy. He remembered tossing and turning and not feeling well...voices...hands....ice water. Ice water? D'Ashan frowned and opened his eyes cautiously.

He was in a room full of beds that was most obviously not his room at the inn. reaching next to the bed, his heart sank. His belongings were missing. Had he been robbed at the inn? D'Ashan peeked under the covers and found he was only in his bed clothes. He muttered and oath and flopped back against the pillow closing his eyes once more. He was so confused. The room he was in was bright and smelled sterile like a hospital. Where in the Light could he be?

D'Ashan grumbled and swung his bare feet onto the cold stone floor. Just because his clothing was missing didn't mean he had to stay in bed. Someone would give answers to a man in his bed clothes just as well as they would a man in armor. D'Ashan was willing to make sure of it!

OOC: wasn't too sure how to start this one out.  :-\ hope this works, i can always edit i guess! :D

Sherrhiana put the last of the leaves into the botle and poured water over, corking it she shook it gently, then put it down among the other on the tray on the table infront of her. Done, she smiled inside, and picked up the tray, now to get it into the storage, she walked towards the stairs leading down to the open door of the infarmary. Inside her feet caried her familiary towards the herb storage, it was quiet in the morning, most sleeping, and the AS present checking first on the worst of patients in another section.

Sudenly she saw a shadow to the corner of her eye, she turned and maybe a little to abrubtly cause she sudenly heard the stiring of the bottles. Her head snaped back and looked helplessly as half a dosin of the bottles tiped over the edge of the trey. "Great, " she put the trey on an empty bench to the side, and looked over at the male. "What are you doing out of bed, get back in there or the sisters will flog you, and try not to step in the glass will you, no reason to add to whatever foolishness brougth you here." He had been delived here in the early morning hours, cold and drenched after what apeared a nigth on the town, her grandmother had helped many of them when she could, as long as not someone else needed her attention more. It was a totaly unesicary thing, brougth on by oneself so her grandma never put them infront of those who really had bad luck.

Sheri didnt see the point of it, not beyond the medical use of diming pain, drinking just for fun, with the consequenses of silly behaviour was just stupid. She frowned as she looked up from picking glass and saw him stand there still, "Are you deaf as well, stop behaving like a bloody goat, get back into bed before the sisters arive, or they wont be pleased."  somehow the words didnt seem to sink in..

D'Ashan angrily stomped around the corner looking for some bloody answers, and almost ran into a girl carrying half a dozen bottles on a tray. He stopped short so as not to run into her and watched as his sudden presence, and the girl's startled reaction to it, sent bottles cascading to the floor.

"What are you doing out of bed, get back in there or the sisters will flog you, and try not to step in the glass will you, no reason to add to whatever foolishness brought you here."

The girls tongue was sharp with frustration, what did she mean by sisters? The grogginess of sleep fled from his mind as realization dawned on him. Sisters, the banded hem on the girls dress, the sterile smell. He didn't quite understand it all but he understood enough.

"Oh no!"He moaned softly. He was in the infirmary of the White Tower. His gut clenched. He had wanted to impress the people he found at the Tar Valon, not....this. The girl grumbled to herself as she bent to pick up the broken glass, but her words were lost as D'Ashan hardly noticed her. Shock paralyzed his brain.

"Are you deaf as well, stop behaving like a bloody goat, get back into bed before the sisters arrive, or they wont be pleased."

Suddenly he realized that Aes Sedai were about to see him in his bed clothes. Quite the silly thought, but it made the color in his face deepen. He bent to help her with the glass sputtering words of embarrassed apology. Torn between putting on some clothing and helping clean up the mess he had made this poor woman make, he got a scowl for his effort. apologizing again he took his leave and all but ran back to his bed to find some kind of clothing.

'What a goat-brained idiot I am!' D'Ashan thought miserably. He searched the drawer next to his cot and found his clothes washed and folded from the night before. Hurriedly getting dressed he hoped he could return in time to help clean up the mess and hopefully spare the girl some punishment. It was after all, his fault. Just as he finished pulling on his shirt,  he saw someone from the corner of his eye coming up behind him.

After picking up the bigest pieces and laying them on the tray she looked around. She had to get it all up, there was but one way, slowly she subcumbed to the power and let it float into her. Sherrhiana then sweaped a good perimiter, to be sertain nothing could escape her, untill she had a neat stack of the glass gathered infront of her, weaving heat into it made the glass stick to eachother. Leting it cool down she was able to carefully set it ontop of the tray and cary it into the storage.

A shadow fell into the room, and she turned to see one of the sisters stand in the door, she quickly explained what had  happened. A moment later she was carying a bottle of herbal medisinces down the ile.

It seemed their patient already got his clothes on, "good, the sister say if your well enough to go runing about, you need not stay. However.." she trusted the bottle towards him, "keep to this stuff the next few days instead of the booze, thus you should get properly well instead of landing rigth back into that  bed there."

Sheri motioned towards the bed, "you been here before? know your way out?" She was hoping for a yes so she could go  back to making more bottles to replace the broken ones.

Turning to see who was coming up behind him, D'Ashan noticed it was the Accepted from earlier. She had quite the sour look on her scarred face which did not add to her features at all.

"good, the sister says if your well enough to go running about, you need not stay. However..keep to this stuff the next few days instead of the booze, thus you should get properly well instead of landing right back into that  bed there."

D'Ashan's face grew hot as he took the bottle she all but threw at him. He couldn't tell if it was from indignation or shame. He had been fighting a cold from his long travels in the rain and that little...incident with Shaneevae Sedai had not helped.  She must think that he was in the infirmary to sleep off a hangover! He never got drunk! That night had been a rarity and that was not the only contributing factor to his being ill, but how was he supposed to tell this girl that without sounding like a spluttering fool?

Bah! It was none of her business, and it wasn't like she cared anyway, what with her sharp tongue and rough attitude. Before he could rebuke her and tell her to mind her own business, she opened her mouth again.

"you been here before? know your way out?"

D'Ashan found himself thinking that her expression had a sulky quality that was strangely pretty. Lost in thought he almost forgot her question and came to himself with a start.

"Hmmm? Oh, no. This is the first time I have been to Tar Valon, let alone the infirmary. I have been traveling for some time now in the rain. Seems like I got quite the cold eh?" D'Ashan chuckled but was left alone in his mirth as the girl frowned at him. "Would you mind showing me out? I really hope I didn't get you into trouble earlier, I was just confused and was looking for someone to help me out. By the way, my name is D'Ashan" He rambled extending his hand with a sheepish grin. "What's yours?"

Sheri wanted to sigh but bit it in, on top off all he seemed like a talker, however the information showed her somewhat wrong. It didnt mather though, he should have dressed better if he wanted to be out in the rain. "It will be fine, I'll make new bottles later." she didnt have to like it, but her grandma had thougth her good maners, and as such she felt compeled to be polite and reply.

She let him take her hand as he introduced herself, the smile didnt reach her eyes though as she replied, and did so with her full name, she did not feel like doing the guy a favor by being nice. "I'm Sherrhiana, now if you will follow me.." She started back towards the exit out into the herbgarden, it would be just as quick to walk around outside, specialy at this time when the coridors would be occupied by intiates racing to their classes. Outside she took to the right, and kept following the wall of the tower, "We will soon come around to the front, and from the main gate you should be able to find the way into Tar Valon easily enough." only a fool wouldnt, from there to wherever he  bellonged was none of her consern.

"I'm Sherrhiana, now if you will follow me.."

With that Sherrhiana turned and made her way back down the row of beds. She had told him that the bottles were no big deal but D'Ashan had seen something in her eyes that said she had already paid the price for it and was done with it. He was impressed. Most girls her age were sulky about such things and wasted their time wallowing in useless self pity. As he hurriedly gathered his things and followed her, D'Ashan felt a respect grow for this girl.

As they walked through what looked to be a garden for the infirmary's many herbs and remedies D'Ashan stopped her, lightly grabbing her sleeve.

"Look Sherrhiana, I'm sorry if you are mad at me for causing you trouble. I know you probably don't think much of me. You don't know me and I don't expect you to like me, but you are the first person I have officially met in Tar Valon." his voice dropped a little and emotion fought to choke him as he continued. Since the death of my Mother it has been hard for me as I have no real friends to talk to. I don't know what I'm trying to say..." Here he was on the verge of tears. What a fool he was, standing here blubbering in front of a girl who didn't know him and probably didn't know what it was like to not have any friends! He was an idiot, and once again his mouth had gotten him into a downright embarrassing position.

"Look, I'm sorry. Forget I said anything. I came to Tar Valon to train to be a Warder, could you just point me in the direction of the Tower Guard. Then I will leave you alone. Once again, I'm sorry..." D'Ashan trailed off miserably and kept his eyes on the floor. His cheeks were burning with shame and he couldn't meet her eyes for fear of what he would see there.

• 1 year later...

Sherriana nodded, and lead him through gardens in direction of the yard. She then stoped and pointed before turning to look at him "thats the stables down there, go around it and you will find your way by the sound of metal" she was about to turn again to return back when for some reason she stoped in her steps. "You know life always throws bumps, its how you deal with them that define you" she nodded all serene like, it was as far as she would go to admit any mistaces more of her judgement of the boy.

ooc sorry for short post wasnt quite sure how to continue this

OOC: Good point, at least we have closure right? I left it somewhat open at the end if Sherrhiana wants to walk him to the yard  :)

"thats the stables down there, go around it and you will find your way by the sound of metal" She pointed in a general direction. Seems as if he was to find his own way. D'Ashan let himself look where she had motioned before glancing back at her. Her back was already turned and he was about to head off when she spoke.

"You know life always throws bumps, its how you deal with them that define you" She nodded then and D'ashan grinned.

"That sounds like some pretty sound advice Sherriana." his voice softened and his face even heated slightly. "Thank you for your help." Turning to go, D'Ashan wondered if he would ever see her again. Strange thought for one heading to train as a Warder. Suddenly he remembered he was carrying his weapons under his arm. Bending down he lay both scabbards on the ground. One at a time he strapped the scimitars across his back, and replaced his coat. Both hilts stuck up above each shoulder. Sighing he glanced at the stables.

Time to begin.  He thought.

• 1 year later...