DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Tinking good time at TG!

Leafburner

Aiel, have been leaving there spears broken on the ground and then they leave the septs. There has been some mentioning (in disgust :roll: ) that some of those Aiel have been going to the tinkers. maby they are searching for their past as much as the Tinkers are, maby they except there past more then any of the other Aiel. maby at least one of those Aiel that go to the Tinkers was a Clan Cheif and tells them about the song and takes the tinkers to Rueidean(sp?)so they can go through the coulums themseves and hear the song.

Maby even it is a Voice talent that they must possess, but without guidence on how to use that voice, that talant would be surpressed and untapped. maby hearing the song will also trigger that untapped talent and the song will be found.

Maybe one of the aiel will be the one to teach the Voice to the tinkers... since they are all related. But really I still think one of the tinkers will go to rhuidean. I dont think Rand is capable of describing it to them' date=' I think they have to see and hear for themselves.[/quote']

The Tuatha'an are the Jenn Aiel. The Jenn, referred to as the thirteenth clan. Also the clan that is not (if I remember correctly). If they are an Aiel clan, then they will need a clan chief. It would stand to reason that this chief will need to go to Rhuidean and uindertake his own vision quest thing. Since the visions are in fact the memories of ancestors through direct lineage, The Jenn chief will experience first-hand the song. And he will bring it to his people.

Perrin's involvement could very well simply be the fact that he will be a key to bringing the Jenn back to where they need to be, so they can be present to help heal the natural world after TG. I've always had this feeling The last battle is going to be fought on all fronts: Militarily (the armies), supernaturally (the One Power), naturally (wolves, the song, Ogier, the tinkers) and mentally (Rand's inner struggle with LTT and the connection to Morridin).

Mat will clearly be the key to binding the seanchan, clearly one of the strongest military forces in that world, into service to Rand. Galad will bring the Whitecloaks. With Andor firmly under Elayne's rule, Its armies and the Borderlanders will come. Egwene will gain control of the White Tower and reunite the Aes Sedai. Perrin will help bring the forces of nature to the battle. The wolves will no doubt battle the Darkhounds. And as suggested, the Tinkers, with the song, will push back the blight.

I'm also wondering if the Song may be the key to destroying Machin Shin and cleansing the Ways... The Ways are (sort of) alive, and the Black Wind has been alluded to as a parasite or infestation. Perhaps the Singer, while holding the Talisman of Growing while facing Machin Shin will make its defeat possible. Just a thought.

It could well be that a lot of what is speculated on has nothing to fo with the last battle, but rather, what will happen after it.

In Christ,

G. B. Jackson

Guest Majsju

The Tuatha'an are the Jenn Aiel. The Jenn' date=' referred to as the thirteenth clan. Also the clan that is not (if I remember correctly). If they are an Aiel clan, then they will need a clan chief. It would stand to reason that this chief will need to go to Rhuidean and uindertake his own vision quest thing. Since the visions are in fact the memories of ancestors through direct lineage, The Jenn chief will experience first-hand the song. And he will bring it to his people.[/quote']

Uhm, no. The Tuathan were the ones who first took off, abandoning the mission given to them by the Aes Sedai to guard the collection of ter'angreal and the Avendesora. That's why they are called "the lost ones".

The Jenn kept to the mission, and took care of the things until they reached the spot where they started to buil Rhuidean. Incidently, Jenn tranlsates as "True", which is quite the contrary to Lost.

I thought that the Tuatha'an were the Aiel that kept true to the original instruction... no violence (the way of the leaf), turning the other cheek etc.. while the current Aiel were the group that sprung from those couple of young men that went to rescue the girls taken by roughs (when Rand was viewing his history) and took up arms against those that came against them. I don't think it's ever cleary explained who the Jenn were. They seemed to include at least some Aes Sedai and the Aiel seemed to be following them .. perhaps because they hoped to keep them safe or perhaps because they had no better goal (but that's only my guess). The Jenn seemed to have had an avendorsa (?) tree with them so they had to have been part of the Aiel that originally set out.

Guest Majsju

The Aiel got two orders when they set out. To keep the Covenant, ie no violence, and to keep the collection of ter'angreal and other things safe.

The tinkers kept the first about no violence, but abandoned the second when they ran away.

The Aiel that took up spears abandoned the Covenant, but sort of stuck to the second by giving the Jenn some protection.

The Jenn kept both, they refused to do violence, and they brought the collections (or what remained of it at least) to safety in Rhuidean, where they also with the help of Aes Sedai created the crystal columns where clan chiefs learn the history of the Aiel, which is where all this information comes from. It's all in the book.

Thank you for the reminder of that detail, Maj. It has been quite a while since I have read the earlier books where all this stuff was laid out for us.

I think there was a reason why they were given 2 orders. One - so that everything would be set up at Rhuidean for the Dragon Reborn's eventual coming. Two - so that there would be some who would abandon the caravan in favor of the Way of the Leaf, so that the Way would not be lost. Who among the Aiel of the three-fold land practice the Way of the Leaf. Apparently, even the Jenn did not survive.

So both commands were obeyed. The Covenant was kept. And the ter'angreal were protected. But by two groups of people. The non-Jenn Aiel are technically caught in the middle, having abandonded BOTH commands. But the Aiel are the People of the Dragon, and so as such, as I see it, by pledging themselves to Rand, they redeem themselves for their ancestors disobedience.

The Tinkers, I believe, had to do what they did, so the Way would survive. They seek the Song, just as some people seek the Horn of Valere. Both are legendary. Only one has been found. I believe that the Song will be the key to reversing the corruption of nature that has begun in the Blight, but is also manifesting itself in the rest of the world in different ways. The weevils, the rotting food, even though by all accounts it should be fresh. other things.

With the song, the world could becom a paradise again. So unless the Tinkers abandon the Way of the Leaf and all take up weapons, I doubt they will be doing much fighting in Tarmon Gaidon. So either they will be doing something else connected to the last battle, or their purpose won't come into play until after it is won.

In Christ,

G. B. Jackson

Archived