DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

First WY Character-Help!

Kura

http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,22630.0.html

If someone needed his bio for following questions, its there. Moving on, this is (obviously) my first WY character, and I have a few questions that I can't find the answer to on the site. Plus I'm not quite sure who to PM, so meh. Onward, with ignorance!

• When/How do I receive my bio-assigned WS? PM, E-mail, some guy coming up to me in school saying I got a WS of 3 for my Gaidin in training?
  • When do I choose my path/discipline/philosophy? I get that it has a mention in the essay, but I'd believe that there would be training for these items before hand.
  • Do I request a mentor, or is one assigned. In case its a request, requesting a mentor! See requirements in a bit.  ;)
  • The Path of the Blade mentions having its own way of thinking, is this a specific philosophy? Or what?
  • When/how should I get started with my Vincy-poo (which I later found out was popular among Trainees...)
  • Last one, I promise. Who should I bug should more questions arise?  ;)

As for a mentor, assuming Path of the Blade doesn't have its own philosophy, I'm interested in the Spring. Hard/Easy teacher doesn't matter, Vince is just here to learn and protect. So, help?  :)

Guest Arie Ronshor

Cause I saw it.. Did a little diggin'..

When/How do I receive my bio-assigned WS? PM, E-mail, some guy coming up to me in school saying I got a WS of 3 for my Gaidin in training?

Your WS is usually given to you when you are told your Bio is approved. If not you will find your starting score here: http://www.aliciawilkerson.com/warders/olddb/trainees.php  I am unsure which WY character is yours, but it should be there. If not, Just PM Eqwina (MoT).

When do I choose my path/discipline/philosophy? I get that it has a mention in the essay, but I'd believe that there would be training for these items before hand.

You choose this when you have reached WS 7. It is your WS 7 > 8 Req. :) But you can look now, although it does not play too much in character development. Best develope the character and pick a discipline, than mold your character to a discipline.

Do I request a mentor, or is one assigned. In case its a request, requesting a mentor! See requirements in a bit. 

One should be assigned. If you do not have one yet, you may request for one from the MoT.

The Path of the Blade mentions having its own way of thinking, is this a specific philosophy? Or what?

Path of the Blade is what many consider a "berserker" Path. You learn how to take a hit and how to use every aspect of your body as a weapon. It is a more bastardized version of the Original Discipline "RenShai".

When/how should I get started with my Vincy-poo (which I later found out was popular among Trainees...)

Start a thread arriving at the Tower and look for a way to get a hold of the MoT In Character.

Last one, I promise. Who should I bug should more questions arise? 

Posting on this board is always good. The MoT or your soon to be assigned Mentor is anouther. Of course, i'm always open to help where I can.

As for a mentor, assuming Path of the Blade doesn't have its own philosophy, I'm interested in the Spring. Hard/Easy teacher doesn't matter, Vince is just here to learn and protect. So, help?

PotB doens't specify. Most of us Use the Void. Talk to your mentor and see which they use. If they use the Void and you wish to learn the spring, than you will need to ask around. Sadely, i can teach Neither. :)

Hope this helps! ^_^

Andrea/Cairma

Guest Arie Ronshor

Okay, i didn't lie, but i found something that helps.

Your Trainee is at WS 2. This means he has Encountered the MoT, Picked out weapons, and you are ready to move forward to WS 3.

WS 3 Req is:

WS 2-3 New Roads to Travel (two months later)*

Student has begun training with mentor and has learned basic movements, has been practicing a basic fitness routine, and has begun training in a philosophy. This is the given for this part of your training. What do you have to do:

Student will encounter two other members of the Warders Division and a conflict will arise. Student must respond.

- will either fight, flee, or resolve the conflict

- minimum 10 posts for entire RP

More Req info can be fond here: http://www.aliciawilkerson.com/warders/?page_id=17

~A/C

Note: Even though your character is lucky and gets to start from WS 2 (I had to start from 0 for example), it doesn't mean that you can't RP meeting MoT and your mentor and learning about weapons :)

All it means is that you don't have to RP any of that unless you want to. However, I always recommend doing extra RPs because it is fun and adds depht to your character and helps you to get to know them better.

I personally think everyone should have to do it but hey, the reqs assume you start out at 0 for the most part. but everyone is right.

I am the division leader you can pm Me, email me (matalina@gmail.com) if you have any questions as well.  Asking here though is probably the quickest way to get an answer as many people know the answer.  And if they don't they'll wait for me to answer.

Welcome and enjoy!

Mat

Heh, alright a few more questions. I'm getting good at these.  :P

When is my vincent going to be on the webstie? There is another Vincent, but from what I can tell he is inactive. Also, sorry if I seem rude, but when am I going to get/know who my mentor is? Or is there some big confusion that I haven't picked up on?

Hun, you need to read our entire board.  Our database has been down for some time due to a server move.  You will be added as soon as Eqwina gets around to it. She will also assign you a mentor when she gets to it.  be patient.  You can RP with out a Mentor!

If you feel overlooked on the mentor thing send her an email at warders.mot@gmail.com

Mat