DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

November 2nd, PS3 Price Cut.

SinisterDeath

1. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.

2. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.

2. The life or condition of a person in a religious order.

3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.

4. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

The example you provided would not fit with either part of the first definition.  Neither would it coincide with definitions 2 or 3.  You could say that the example provided would fit in with the 4th definition, assuming your activity was pursued with conscientious devotion. ;)

As far as following a religion without changing behavior, absolutely, I've even pointed that out earlier in the thread.  There's even a joke about it. "Jews don't recognize Jesus.  Protestant's don't recognize the Pope. Baptists don't recognize each other in the liquor store."

Some people learn well from religion, and others don't, its just like any other influence in life. 

Kivam, I suppose I interpret one's own personal experience as non-mythological, though there can be cases made for poor reasoning, and hallucination.  I suppose at this point we'd have to agree to disagree on that point.

PS; I really do think the Xbox360 is the superior console, SD wuz here.

So apparently SD made the cardinal sin of propping up the PS3, he forgot which system he was rooting for...  :P ;D

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator

1. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.

3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.

The example you provided would not fit with either part of the first definition.  Neither would it coincide with definitions 2 or 3.  You could say that the example provided would fit in with the 4th definition, assuming your activity was pursued with conscientious devotion. ;)

As far as following a religion without changing behavior, absolutely, I've even pointed that out earlier in the thread.  There's even a joke about it. "Jews don't recognize Jesus.  Protestant's don't recognize the Pope. Baptists don't recognize each other in the liquor store."

Some people learn well from religion, and others don't, its just like any other influence in life. 

Kivam, I suppose I interpret one's own personal experience as non-mythological, though there can be cases made for poor reasoning, and hallucination.  I suppose at this point we'd have to agree to disagree on that point.

PS; I really do think the Xbox360 is the superior console, SD wuz here.

So apparently SD made the cardinal sin of propping up the PS3, he forgot which system he was rooting for...   :P ;D

I dun know, I remember it going more like this

PS; I really do think the PS3 is the most incredible piece of engineering to have been developed since the wheel.

~Tenshie

Well, you know you had it coming, and that was just a 'preview' of what maybe to come.  ;)

The best CG I've seen is Bioshock

StarCraft 2 intro movie at all? Okay, maybe off-topic as it's on PC (although rumours of a possible 360 version are circulating).

In the case of 360 versus PS3 the simple answer is that at this time there is no contest. The PS3 does not have one single, exclusive game it can boast about and will not until FF13 comes out, whilst the 360 has Halo 3, Gears of War and Mass Effect. What the PS3 really needs is a game that slips under the radar, but then comes out and blows everything around it out of the water. It will be interesting to see when and if that happens.

• Community Administrator

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071115/ap_on_hi_te/sony_playstation_sales_6

Playtation Sales have bumped up to 100,000 sales per week since the price drop went into effect. Looks like Sony's finally starting to compete. ;)

Btw,

Playstation.

PS1 sold world wide, 103 million

PS2 sold world wide, 120 million

Ps3 Sold World wide, 5 million

228 Million Total Playsations units Sold World Wide.

Xbox

Xbox sold world wide. 24 Million (Including the 5 sold in japan, "thats 5, not 5 million. :P"

Xbox 360 sold world Wide, 13.4 Million Units

thats 38 Million Total Xbox Units Sold World Wide.

So Really, Playstation is still in the lead since its inception. I mean, its clear Ps2 won last generation. :P

Ps, these numbers come from Wiki, I know the 5 mil ps3 is up todate, but I think 360 is near around 22 mil now, but don't quote me...

on an Asside..

Nintendo

Nintendo Sold World Wide, 60 Million.

Super Nintendo Sold World Wide, 49 Million.

Nintendo 64 Sold World Wide, 33 Million.

Game Cube Sold World Wide, 22 Million

Nintendo Wii Sold World Wide, 14 Milliion.

Total Nintendo Units Sold World Wide, 178 Million.

Meaning, Nintendo won every generation But the last 2 generations.

But they are looking up on this one. :P

Of course, Nintendo has DOMINATED the handheld market...

Gameboy (Including Gameboy Color) - 119 Million

Gameboy Advance (All Versions of GBA) - 81 Million

Gameboy DS (all versions) - 54 Million.

Thats 254 Million gameboys sold world wide. thats more Gameboys then PS's ever sold. Ever! :P

PSP - 10 Million.

PSP Lite - 2 Million

PSP line - 12 Million...

so yea, Microsoft would be a fool to compete with the gameboy. :P

And even the PSP is out selling the ZUNE! rofl huh?

Archived