DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[GAMES]Assassin's Creed Video

Emperor

A cautionary comment.  The game is rumored to have had control problems in both the 360 version and the ports.  This is as of 3 months ago, so they'll have had 4 months or so to fix them, and lets hope they do.

Just beautiful!  Finally a game with real crowd management!

• Community Administrator

A cautionary comment.  The game is rumored to have had control problems in both the 360 version and the ports.  This is as of 3 months ago, so they'll have had 4 months or so to fix them, and lets hope they do.

Just beautiful!  Finally a game with real crowd management!

Who said the other versions were ports. :P

• Community Administrator

Technically they're all ports of a master version, which I would guess to have been developed for a PC.  I didn't mean to imply the 360 was the original version.  Having recently picked up the 360 put the blinders on for which games/consoles I have my ears on for.

Actually, I think the pc version is the port. The ps3/xbot360 versions are being developed at the same time, to optimize it for each system. :P

The reason I say the pc version is the port? Every EA game that starts on the console the pc version is a horrible horrible port... That and, have you ever played prince of persia on the pc? I think the console version is far 'easier'... lol

Ok, I looked into it.  The game was originally announced to be a PS3 exclusive, a very very long time ago.  This was in the storyboarding and general game design stages.  The Xbox360 and PS3 are being written and tested in tandem (excellent exmple of localization between teams btw), while the PC will be released a few months later as a port, really just using automated authoring tools, from the Xbox 360 version.  The DS is a different game sharing the same(or similar) story line, and from what I heard has it's own dev team.

Archived