DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Memory of Light Release Date!

SonAr

That, and I'm Aes Sedai.

You're self-rightous and don't meet up to your responsibilities of training women, whilst actively stopping others from doing so and thus allowing thousands of women to die?

I'm so gonna get banned. :) Love you Kath. *cowers*

Ah, so you've seen my course syllabus, I take it?

*Looks up the term thread hijacking on wiki

*Looks at this thread

*Looks at wiki

Waves a wawe of compulsion for people who can help with getting some anwsers from people close to RJ or TOR

*Sits back on the chair and lights up a pipe with two rivers tabacco

WARNING!!!  THIS THREAD IS INHABITED BY SOMEONE WHO CANNOT FLAMING READ.  READ THE DAMNED THREAD SonAr AND YOU WILL HAVE YOUR ANSWER.  FOR EVERYONE, I RECOMMEND YOU LET THIS THREAD DIE, I WILL NOT BE COMING BACK TO THIS THREAD, AND SonAr I THINK YOU ARE BEING EXTREMELY FLAMING INSENSITIVE TO THE RIGNEY FAMILY.

WARNING!!!  THIS THREAD IS INHABITED BY SOMEONE WHO CANNOT FLAMING READ.  READ THE DAMNED THREAD SonAr AND YOU WILL HAVE YOUR ANSWER.  FOR EVERYONE, I RECOMMEND YOU LET THIS THREAD DIE, I WILL NOT BE COMING BACK TO THIS THREAD, AND SonAr I THINK YOU ARE BEING EXTREMELY FLAMING INSENSITIVE TO THE RIGNEY FAMILY.

Umm i think you pressed the caps button... its the kinda big wide one on the left of the keyboard. As for reading problems.. umm READ my first post on this thread and you'll have the anwser for my ,so badly recieved by you insensivity. The thing i care for is WOT, i don't idolize people but I idolize their work if its worth it. His is. And so i'd like to see it complete. Whatever statement from a trustworthy source would suffice. 

Umm i think you pressed the caps button... its the kinda big wide one on the left of the keyboard. As for reading problems.. umm READ my first post on this thread and you'll have the anwser for my ,so badly recieved by you insensivity. The thing i care for is WOT, i don't idolize people but I idolize their work if its worth it. His is. And so i'd like to see it complete. Whatever statement from a trustworthy source would suffice. 

My name is Jennifer Liang.  I'm the second in command for the largest Wheel of Time fansite on the internet. I am the Director of Wheel of Time programing for Dragon*Con, the largest fan convention in North America. I'm also the chair for JordanCon, the first Wheel of Time convention, scheduled for 2009.  I was a creative consultant for the Wheel of Time comic book. I was also a judge for the Wheel of Time calender contest.  Darryl Sweet has my cell number and he used to call me while I was in meetings with my principal. It was sort of hard to explain why I had to take the call.

My understanding is that Jordan either wrote or dictated enough of the last book that it can be completed, more or less how he wanted it.  Jason's estimate (and he knows a lot that he's not telling me) is that we'll see the last book sometime in 2009.

So yes, as many others have said, be patient. This was in many ways his master work. The family will not allow it to go unfinished.

Jason, if you don't know, would be Jason Denzel, the owner of this site.  You know, the guy who stayed with Jordan's cousin during the funeral and took all the nice pictures for us. Nice guy. A little gangly though. 

Anyways, you know what there is to know. Drop the subject.  Please.

And for everyone else's benefit, it is NOT a crime to want to know how the story ends. It's a very valid response that I think we've all had over the last few weeks. I know one of my first thoughts after I hung up the phone when Jason called me was regarding whether or not to continue planning JordanCon.

I think people are right to be worried, especially since Jim said MANY times before his illness that he had it in his will that if he died with the series unfinished his notes would be destroyed and the series abandoned.  But that was before he came so close to finishing and before he was diagnosed with an almost certainly fatal illness. He had time to re evaluate that decision and it looks certain he changed his mind.

Don't call people insensitive for wanting to know how the story ends. Jim was a story teller. He left things on cliff hangers for us purposefully, so we'd be desperate to find out what happens next. We're supposed to feel this way. He wanted us to. But I don't think he meant for our suspense to be perpetual.

Once the family and Tom Doherty (the owner of Tor Books and a close friend of the Rigney's) decides how they will proceed, they'll let us know.  But these things take time. They didn't lose just a business partner, they lost a family member. They are trying to be sensitive to everyone's emotions, not just our impatience. Give them time to work this out.

Agreed on all fronts. The greatest tragedy of James Rigney's death is in the death of a great man, but that does not make it terrible to be concerned about his creation--a creation which im sure we all acknowledge touched our lives to a very great degree.

I think what SonAr (and many others, including me) needs is a Time machine. To go into the future, lets say, in to 2010 and find out wheather MOL is published or not.

RIGHT NOW IT IS INSENSITIVE TO PESTER THE RIGNEY FAMILY.

Ofcourse there might be a possibility of SonAr being getting murdered by a black veiled aiel if he travels through time. Also in FBI investigation it may come out that it was Kathana Trevalaer.  ;D ;D ;D .

So SonAr, old pal....give it a rest. Or you can try my way.

FINISH IT FOR YOURSELF. I WILL WAIT TILL 2009 AND THEN I WILL START WRITING ONE FOR MYSELF.  ;D ;D

We can not save humanity without holding out to what makes us human....(Something like that)...Captain Archer to T Pol.

Jesus, man, who is pestering the Rigney family? The original poster never adressed the family. He asked a question on a public forum requesting information, which he got from the most reliable source available. So thank you for the answers, Kathana. I know they reassured me, at least. 

I think what SonAr (and many others, including me) needs is a Time machine. To go into the future, lets say, in to 2010 and find out wheather MOL is published or not.

How did you know about my TOP secret plans?? Did you send a dreamer to spy on my dreams???

Jason, if you don't know, would be Jason Denzel, the owner of this site.  You know, the guy who stayed with Jordan's cousin during the funeral and took all the nice pictures for us. Nice guy. A little gangly though. 

Anyways, you know what there is to know. Drop the subject.  Please.

Thanks Kathana atleast i know there is someone on this forum who has first hand acces to the family ,and if Jason logs on this forum maybe he will provide us with some info about how are things going. I'll drop the subject as per your request, but i wont give up my hopes that someone on this forum or on the main page will soon give us some info as to what's gonna happen with AMOL

As for DeamandredFO and some of the people on this forum, in my opinion you are acting (As cartman would have stated) as if you got sand in your vagina (Now im being insensitive to the female forum population :)

The thing is when i.e your grandmother dies, you can grieve but still you have to take care of all the finances. Take care of the body, buy the coffin, arrange the funeral, make a party for friends. Then you got to take care of the will and so on and so on. Grieving is one thing but that doesnt mean you cant think of anything else.

The thing is when i.e your grandmother dies, you can grieve but still you have to take care of all the finances. Take care of the body, buy the coffin, arrange the funeral, make a party for friends. Then you got to take care of the will and so on and so on. Grieving is one thing but that doesnt mean you cant think of anything else.

Wow...you must be a great person to hang out with. (insert sarcasm)

Archived