DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Memory of Light Release Date!

SonAr

Hello all, i know everybody here is still grieving for R.J (May his soul rest in peace) and althrough anxious to know, is considering bad taste about hassling anyone about the completion of the book... But as the wheel turns, nothing will turn back time and only future to look up to - i'd like to know how are things going. It has been almost a month since RJ passed away and nowhere any news of is AMOL going to be realesed at all, who is going to finish it and if, when will it be finished. Maybe some of you have contact with Harriet, his stepson Will or maybe someone else from the family? Maybe some friends in TOR? I tried mailing TOR books but no anwser still :( . So if anyone who is in position to give us, RJ fans any heads up as to the future of this great saga, please do so!

Im currently reading POD and 3 more books lie comfortably in my shelf waiting to be read, and i am aghast with the thought that this series could not be finished!

RIP

RJ

And hope your greates child saga ends as you have intended!

Honestly, the release date is probably the last thing on Harriet and/or Wilson's mind right now.  They were strong for all the fans in the beginning but they're probably doing some pretty solid mourning for their loved one right now.  It will be out eventually.  I would personally give it a minimum of 3 years from now as they have to find a author/ghost writer, have him/her familiarize themselves with the story, read RJ's notes, etc.  Then a full editing process (6 months minimum), review by publisher, mass printing etc etc etc.  I'm patient though. :)

Ya, I do not think that is upmost in their minds at all right now. Rightly so, at least i think so. RJ has pretty much set out what he wanted to happen, from what we have read. But for any writer to take it on is going to be a monumental task, and could very well be a thankless task at that.  It will not be easy for any one.  The scrutiny from the fans could very well give them a complex.

I am not expecting it to be finished before 2010.

I really hope it would be out faster... His family could atleast give a heads up  to fans about the percentage of material written by RJ, and what are their ideas on who will finish the rest. They are quite active on the forums as RJ was, and im sure some mod on Dragonmount can contact them and ask them for a quick comment on AMOL. I mean if harriet has been editing RJ's books and is quite good with written word, the best thing to put yourself out of misery about a loss is to put your hands to work. I really hope she will be the one who will finish it and that she will not alter RJ's style.

I'm sure when Harriet knows something she will let Jason or one of the mods know.  We should all just leave her alone and give her space right now.  She's got more important things on her mind than getting the book out right now probably...you know like mourning for her husband of 30 years.

Let's give them some time.  

They have a lot on their plate right now, lots of mourning, all kinds of long drawn out legal stuff, lots of extra visitors will be dropping in for several months.    

I imagine that with all that going on that the most we can hope for it that in the next 6 months they MIGHT have time to organize the part that he actually wrote, and his notes, and his recordings into something that can be used as a guide to start filing in all the missing gaps.

I don't know how far he got before he had to give up, but I would imaging that the three year estimate would be a good starting guess.    I am willing to give them whatever they need because I know that when they finally get to it, they are going to try to make it the best that they can and have it be as close to what he wanted as they can.    After all, this will be a final tribute to a man they cared very much about, a man we all cared very much about.

During that time I will do my best to restrain my eagerness to something more appropriate to the situation.    As difficult, near impossible, as that might be.  

I will be disappointed if the series is not finished, though I suspect it will be.  Through the entire illness, Mr. Jordan and his family have been loyal and supportive of their fans.  I see no reason for us to expect that they will be any different in the future.

For any of us to expect them to stop mourning though and put our wants and desires first, would be extremely selfish and wrong.

Be patient, I have no doubts that the book will eventually be published.  Or at least, the final story told.

So once again, be patient and respectful of Mr. Jordan's family.

SonAr, the man just flaming died and as other people have said they were strong for the fans.  REMEMBER, he was JUST our favorite author, to them he was much more, he was a husband, a father and more.  Give it time, read other books, it is coming, patience.

I know and i respect that. Not knowing him personally the loss i feel, is the loss of great books he would've written in the future ,and polished up his mythology so it could match j.r.r's simarillion.

Its just id like to know how things are, and do we fans stand on solid ground.

My understanding is that Jordan either wrote or dictated enough of the last book that it can be completed, more or less how he wanted it.  Jason's estimate (and he knows a lot that he's not telling me) is that we'll see the last book sometime in 2009.

So yes, as many others have said, be patient. This was in many ways his master work. The family will not allow it to go unfinished.

we should just do what those crazy people from the Harry Potter fan base did and write our own version of AMOL to keep us entertained.

Oh, dear lord, no! I'd rather never see it than see some over-enthusiastic amature(s) do even a fan-fictoin version.

Well, maybe then we should have Luckers, RAW and Cloglord write it.:lol  The book would be like 10,000 pages long with all their conflicting theories

Arn't those three close enough to blows as it is?

I would go for that, but only if all three of us are in the same room when we write.  That way, I can just put the other fellas into submission holds any time they get too loony.

::)

Or, maybe if we had access to all of Jordan's notes, we would actually be able to agree.  I imagine that most of the things we argue about are made pretty clear in the notes.  I disagree with the fellas alot, but they aren't stupid (my occasionally less-than-charitable comments notwithstanding).

No, but in all seriousness, RJ prepared for this eventuality.  As much as we want to see the story, it was a fair portion of his life's work, and I imagine he wanted it finished at least as much any of us do.  Give it time.

I would go for that, but only if all three of us are in the same room when we write.  That way, I can just put the other fellas into submission holds any time they get too loony.

Yeah, you don't want to try that with me. I mean really, hasn't anyone told you the gays are all hairpullers. It'd get messy.

I disagree with the fellas alot, but they aren't stupid (my occasionally less-than-charitable comments notwithstanding).

Yeah, like that time you called me a doody-head. I cried for three days.

But seriously though, doing the sort of thing the Harry Potter kids did would be hard with this series--not that i don't like Harry Potter, but it simply cannot be compared to the complexity of the Wheel.

Wow. Did anybody else just relax completely when reading Kathana's post? Normally even with the might and power of emoticons, emotions and feelings just doesn't get through on message boards but when I read her post I experienced a moment of zen which was at once baffling and welcome. I just went completely calm and for that brief moment I was completely accepting, what will be, will be. It was really the last few sentences.

So yes, as many others have said, be patient. This was in many ways his master work. The family will not allow it to go unfinished.

So calm and authoritative. Mr Miyagi eat your heart out.

That, and I'm Aes Sedai.

You're self-rightous and don't meet up to your responsibilities of training women, whilst actively stopping others from doing so and thus allowing thousands of women to die?

I'm so gonna get banned. :) Love you Kath. *cowers*

Archived