DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tea Time (Attn: Any Novice & Accepted)

TaeaDawn

Kirsa was a bit surprised at the other girl's change of tact. It had just begun to get fun. She covered it with a sultry bat of a lash and smiled at the other girl.

"Impatient are we? Well, if you really want to play I guess we could try. Of course, I can't garauntee that I won't mess it up," she said, curling long strands of black hair on her finger

Sial supressed a sigh and replaced it with a worried laugh. "Its alright Kirsa. It doesnt matter. I was just making conversation but obviously it wasnt a good topic.  Perhaps you are a bit too...civilised?...for games like that. I guess I underestimated what sort of things would appeal to you all as something to do." She obviously had overestimated Kirsa. The other woman-no, girl, Kirsa didnt look very old-maybe was not messing with her as much as her customary paranoia insisted.

Or maybe she was trying to send her up. Sial frowned very slightly, suspicious. Not that suspicious was an unusual state of being for her. But it did seem that...

The cairheinin took another cookie and lounged in her chair, which clashed quite a lot with the demure words she had spoken. If they were going to mess with her, she could play that game too. Not that she hadnt already...

Kirsa's smile turned into one resembling that of a cat studying a mouse. The look made her caramel like eyes look golden, perhaps a slight feral.

"Well then, what do you want to do? If you don't want to play the game anymore?" she asked, having noticed Sial's uncertainty wether or not Kirsa was being stupid or playing a game with her.

Kirsa's posture turned slightly more inviting than before. Her eyes seemed heavy lidded and her lips were parted slightly. It all gave the effect that she had a secret, and that whoever was watching would probably want to know it.

It was interesting, to say the least, watching the young girls and their games.  And she wasn't talking about the game she had heard one trying to tell the other's about.  Aramina sat in her chair still, having nodded politely to each girl as she had come in, giving a smile to those that had greeted her, but she had remained quiet so far, content to see what each girl had to give the others.  Alliances were often made as early as novicehood and hatreds as well.  She wondered how many she invited today would end up in either of those boats, or if their ways would part once they left the halls of the Green Ajah.

She drew her attention back as a young woman approached her.  “Aramina Sedai? Good day to you again, Aes Sedai. I was wondering if you would …if you could possibly tell me a little about the Green Ajah?”

She took a sip of her tea and sat it on the small table beside her chair.  "The Green Ajah?"  She asked, making sure her voice was loud enough to reach the others, should they choose to listen.  "Of course.  You're familiar with the Ajah's by now, of the 7 causes that tie each sister to her own halls. We all run after something.  For the Browns, it is knowledge, the Blues their own personal causes, the Whites chase logic and the Grays peace.  The Yellow for healing and the Red for male chanellers that could destroy our world.  And the seventh Ajah, the Green with it's love of battle."

"I am perhaps not the best to tell you of battles fought.  I am a political creature, but it is not the love of battle that holds the Green Ajah together.  Rather, it is the need to prepare for the Last Battle that calls us.  We all look for the signs in this world that the Battle comes, all too often we find our days darker than the one before.  The Green Ajah will be at the forefront of the Battle, and in all those that come before, protecting the world from a war with the Shadow that they scarcely know, nor understand."

She smiled at the young woman.  Knowing an Ajah and identifying with it were two different things, but there was always something that could be found within each person, that would connect to something within the 7.  "What did you think to find when you walked in these halls today?  Surely, you must have been looking for something within the Green Ajah's halls?" She asked.

Aramina (feel free to come join us everyone... or keep up your fun :P  I'm glad to see it's taken off well!)

This had been what Sial had been expecting. Other Novices and their Novicey ways. For her first three months at the Tower, the cairheinin girl had been cordial at best with her fellow Novices and people acting the way Kirsa was (or seemed to be to Sial) was exactly why. Stupid little cliques of little teen girls younger than herself, yet still giggling behind her back or trying to toy with her as if she was the younger one, and an idiot besides. Blood and ashes, I knew this was a bad idea! I knew it! I should have ignored that blond bloody Dre. 'I like meeting new people' she said. 'Join us' she said. Bah! Bloody, bleeding, Light-cursed idiot, Sial!

It was her height, Sial decided irrationally. She should avoid any accosiation with anyone she couldnt look in the eye without standing on a stool. Perhaps with Kirsa, that was an exaggeration-she could probably look the Domani girl in the eye if she were on tiptoes-but still! And they were sitting down...

Still looking flustered and uncertain, Sial ate yet another biscuit (although she was getting tired of that particular flavour by this time) but her mind ran ahead as it always did. A past lesson with Lillian Sedai came to her unbidden. It had involved Motives. The Novice, despite a mouthful of biscuit, realised that she had been making assumptions that Kirsa, Melianna and Dre were all united. Maybe they dont know eachother any more than they know me-that Melianna cant be as dull as she seems, shy of strangers maybe? That could explain why Dre is quiet too, and why Kirsa seems to be trying to back me into a corner. Ha, maybe the little goat feels threatened or something! Perhaps she thinks she has to make herself look clever by making me look like a moron or maybe she thinks Im competing with her to be leader of this group or perhaps they all do know eachother and she wants to look important...

Sial shrugged and laughed. "Im sorry, I shouldnt have bought it up. Im talking too much. You lot barely know me, I should be listening to you rather than butting in with suggestions. If sitting with tea quietly is what you do..." She laughed again

Kirsa noticed Sial's flustered and uncertain face and could almost imagind what the other girl had been thinking. Maybe the girl hadn't been trying to trick her? Kirsa wasn't certain but decided it would be alright if she dropped her walls a little.

"No, no, don't be sorry. I am just bored and was wondering if you had any other ideas, but if you wanted we could still play the other game," Kirsa said quickly, sounding surprised, and her eyes opening all the way. She was sincere in that she would be bored and indeed the sincerity shone through, making her voice almost ring with truth.

Having gained a fingernails grip on the situation, Sial was once again pleased with herself, but it was easier to keep looking unbalanced. You didnt get anywhere with selling people infomation without getting to learn a bit of acting and Sial had been selling infomation since she was barely a teenager. The Novice realised she was twiddling her plait absently and stopped herself. I really need to stop that stupid habit...

Well, Kirsa was convinced at least. It had taken a while but the dares game should spice up the event a bit. "Well, ok...if you are sure you dont mind playing, how about you be the Weasel and Melianna be the Monkey for a test run?" Sial eyed a plate of what looked like little sweet corncakesthat was across the room, then looked back at the table in a reasonably convincing semblence of laid backness.

Across the room, Sial noted Tirzah was talking with the Aes Sedai. Despite having gotten her own way, she wanted to go and greet her ally properly but she didnt think she should inturrupt. Tirzah was a friend but Sial wasnt sure she should invade her friends private conversation. Especially not with a full sister. Although she was intregued...what on earth could they be talking about?

"Ok, Kirsa, think up your fact question and forfiet for Melianna..."

Sial Daemoa

Rather nosy

Guest nephitess

IC: “Aramina Sedai? Good day to you again, Aes Sedai. I was wondering if you would …if you could possibly tell me a little about the Green Ajah?”

Veria looked at the Novice that came up and curtsied as she queried the Sister. With a look for the girl at her most probable unmeant rudeness, Veria opened her ears. She was going to ask the very question and wanted to hear the answer.

"The Green Ajah?"  Aramina Sedai asked, making sure her voice was loud enough to reach the others, should they choose to listen.  "Of course.  You're familiar with the Ajahs by now, of the 7 causes that tie each sister to her own halls. We all run after something.  For the Browns, it is knowledge; the Blues their own personal causes, the Whites chase logic and the Grays peace.  The Yellow for healing and the Red for male chanellers that could destroy our world.  And the seventh Ajah, the Green with it's love of battle."

"I am perhaps not the best to tell you of battles fought.  I am a political creature, but it is not the love of battle that holds the Green Ajah together.  Rather, it is the need to prepare for the Last Battle that calls us.  We all look for the signs in this world that the Battle comes, all too often we find our days darker than the one before.  The Green Ajah will be at the forefront of the Battle, and in all those that come before, protecting the world from a war with the Shadow that they scarcely know, nor understand."

The words Aramina Sedai spoke rang true in Veria’s ears. "Standing Ready" for the last battle…to prepare to defend the light. It made her heart beat and was almost an erotic feeling for her. She smiled and asked…

“How does the Ajah prepare to defend against the last battle? I’m sure it is more that weapons training and practicing battle weaves.”

Aramina nodded her head at the girl's question.  It was good to be questioned in that manner.  It meant the girl was actually thinking about what it meant to be Green.  Whether she would join their ranks in the end or not, it was good to see a questioning mind. 

"Our sisters all prepare for the Last Battle in their own way, though we of the Green are always the first to come when a battle against the Shadow arises.  I suppose it all depends on what you believe the Last Battle will be like.  Some think it will be a mighty battle with all the forces of good lining up against the forces of the Dark One.  Some think small skirmishes until it is clear what side will win.  For me, there will be a big battle in the end, but in order to get there, we have to make sure that we have our allies in line before that time.  We cannot rely on the nations as they currently are.  They see only their own ends and do not look to their neighbors or the rest of the world for how they are prepared for this.  We must help them to see what comes before us, and help them realize that if their fellows fall, then we all fall.  That is how I prepare for the Last Battle."  She took a sip of her tea, then smiled politely at the girl.  "And of course most Green Sisters spend a good deal of time in the Borderlands, learning the ways of the Blight.  We hone our skills, whether it be strategy or weaves, or a weapon.  When the time comes, we must be ready."

Aramina Sedai   

Kirsa still felt uneasy about playing the game with Sial, but she was playing it with Melianna. She glanced at the dark girl and wondered if she really wanted to play. She threw a another glance under lashes at Sial. Kirsa hated forcing people to play something they didn't want to, so she turned her caramel gaze back Melianna.

"Do you want to play Melianna?," Kirsa asked, making it sound perfectly acceptable if the other girl didn't.

Melianna wasn't really paying attention to the conversation anymore. She was more concerned with not melting into a puddle. Once again, she jumped when her name was mentioned.

"Ummm, I don't think I quite understand it. I think I will pass for now." she said. "Pardon me, I think I'll go and meet some others. There are so many to meet."

There were, but that wasn't the reason. Sial just made her skin crawl. She headed over to talk to Aramina Sedai.

Melianna

Dre sat back in her chair, watching the others talk, content to let them forget about her. She felt awkward as more people began to arrive, sure that they were all staring at her scar and judging her. So she let herself face into the background of everyone else's minds.

She didn't like the sounds of this game though, and didn't like seeing her roommate being suckered into it.

Leaning forward she whispered into Kirsa's ear.

"I don't trust her. I get the feeling she's trying to prove something here.  I know you can take care of yourself though, but be careful."

Smiling at the other girls she stood up and went to join the other group and listend as the Aes Sedai described the purpose of the Green Ajah.  She nodded as she pictured it in her mind.  Yes, this was the Ajah for her.

Sial tried not to smirk, although she had very little reason to to so. Dre and Melianna had left and of the three girls in the little group, the remaining Kirsa was the one whose 'five facts' would have interested her least. Of course, interesting her least did not mean she was not interested. It was all infomation and while she no longer could sell infomation on to merchants, it still was a useful weapon for one to have. A surprise weapon, though. Infomation as a weapon ranged from being as useful as a pair of swords to being as useful as half a toothpick.

Even a bloody toothpick could be useful if you poked it in someones eye...

Yes, the Cairheinin still was for playing Five Facts or a Forfiet. However, with Melianna and Dre gone, she had a distinct problem. There was just her and Kirsa. Which meant she would have to pay equally, in facts or forfiets, rather than being able to watch games which didnt involve her. And it also meant that there was no audience. The audience was important in that particular game. Without an audience, there was no moderating factor-it would be an open field for any fact or forfiet, and that was not a fun thought. Blood and ashes, we wont get past the first bloody round, not if the bloody girl is as mercinary as she seems. And Im not getting bloody walloped for playing a game with a girl about Damis age!

The thought of her little brother made Sial suffer an unexpected and unanticipated spike of guilt. Up until this point, Kirsa and her friends had been rivals. Not in a serious, emnity, I-kill-you sort of way, but more in a I-trip-you-up-before-you-get-me way, which was still rivalry. The dark-haired Novice had been busy thinking of things from her usual position of personal risk; what they would or could do to her, what she could trick them into doing, how she could give herself the advantage. Thinking of Dami, her almost universally liked brother, made her take a new stance. She had already established Kirsa was probably her brothers age-what if...

Sial internally winced. Once she had allowed herself to accosiate Kirsa with her brother, a world of possibilities crashed down. Such as that Kirsa just might not be as cliquey and smug as she seemed, or that the Domani might be missing home or that...well, it wasnt a productive line of thought. Sial rarely felt guilty and she didnt intend to start now.

She shrugged at Kirsa. "I guess they dont want to play."

There was an upside, though. Without witnesses, she didnt have to deliberatly keep up an act to keep up apperances. If, for example, she and Kirsa had a fight, there was no longer anyone there to provide evidence. It would be her word against Kirsas. Sial did not kid herself that Novices would leap to her defence (probably the opposite, even though she didnt exactly have evidence that that was the case) but any illwill she recieved would be illwill with no proof and that was easier to manipulate into doing what you wanted.

"Just you and me then, Kirsa. Do you still want to play? Or are you not sure of the rules?" Despite the unnececity, Sial still was being relatively civil. She hadnt started swearing, anyway. "You can back out if you want, its allright."

The little woman had a suddenly rather wicked thought. "In fact, we could put this little game on hiatus and set a new time. After the party, perhaps. But for now, everyone else is going to the Aes Sedai..."

Sial Daemoa

Making a bad impression

(OOC: Kass, if you wanted Sial and Kirsa to start an enmity/get in trouble/make friends by playing that game, we could maybe start a seperate RP set after the party? Its up to you)

Guest nephitess

IC: It was interesting…So the greens knew more than just battle weaves and weapons, though Veria liked the idea of them. It was something to think about…Maybe she should take a few more poli-sci classes.

It was about then that the others were starting to gather around and listen….stepping back to let he others have thee questions, Veria slipped to the back. She kept her ears on what was happening but she scanned the room. The group of novices that had gathered in the corner where quickly dispersing….

Tapping Dre on the shoulder, lightly so not to startle her, Veria motioned for her to come close. Once Dre was closer Veria whispered to her…

“What is going on over there?” She indicated the “over there” with a quick shake of her head in the direction of Sail and Kirsa. Listening to Dre tell about novice Sial and the games she was trying to play, Veria became upset. She would not let her Minty be treated like this of any other novice.

Veria let Dre go back to listening to the questions and answer period with the Sister. She turned and went to the table with snacks. After picking out a few things and listening to the conversation between Kirsa and Sial she wondered over. Sitting down she munched the items on her plate and looked at the girls. After a few minutes of silence she said with a cheeky smile…

“Oh, don’t mind me…go on with what you were talking about…”

Kirsa saw Veria aproach and sent her a bright smile. She then turned her attention back to Sial. Her maner had switched back to bargaining. She had heard Dre's warning, not that she needed one. She assessed the other girl. Kirsa, in general, prefered to stay on the good side of people. A voice in the back of her head was yelling at her not to continue but something else was knawing at the back of her mind.

Kirsa was naturally a social person and had mostly spent her time with male friends. She could tell a man's thoughts miles away but females were harder for her to assess. Perhaps she should toss it to chance, see how it would play out? That went against what usually Kirsa did. She was the kind of person to listen to common sense and not veer from this, but sometimes common sense needed to be thrown to the wind for something to succeed.

"I am up to anything," Kirsa said sounding ever happy.

She sounded like her friand Amos always had. A flash of pain shot theough mind but her smiling face never wavered. No one would ever know.

Sial noted the appearence of the irritating Accepted with a flash of annoyance which quickly changed to hidden satisfaction. Kirsa, intentionally or not, had given an answer cryptic anough for the subject of the conversation to be concealed. The Accepted-Veria?-would not have got any infomation, not by simply eavesdropping anyway. She would have to pry and while Sial did not doubt that the woman with such fantastic red hair would indeed pry, there was a childish glee attacthed to making that prying a little bit more difficult.

She looked briefly at the redhead. "We were just finished actually, Accepted." She actually managed a dose of innocence in her voice that could be seen as acceptably humble. Her eyes however, were about as humble as a wolf who'd killed a sheep right under the shepherds nose. The little Cairheinin woman turned her sootydark eyes on Kirsa. "Later it is then. Ill look forward to it," she said in a tone dripping with honey. Bad honey.

"I suppose Id better see what the Aes Sedai is saying," she continued. "I might catch you up later, then, Kirsa." Sial paused for a split second, then made a curtsy toward the Accepted. It was less messy than her genuine curtsies, true, and no one could say she hadnt paid proper respects but overexaggerated enough to clearly be a pantomime and with a wicked sarcastic glitter in those eyes.

The Novice gave a very fake sweet smile and sauntered away from the two, the smile switching briefly to a genuine grin. Sial was doing herself no favours; her friendship circle was limited as it was and she was not daft enough to think that her behaviour had won her friends. At the same time however, well, she had known from the start that they were all against her. At least this way, it was on her own terms. Besides, it was fun to dapple in social games and regardless of if anyone had one, Sial had not come off the loser. If nothing else, she had shaken things up a bit.

And she had made the situation a fraction more interesting.

Stalk switching to her customary gait, a skippy walk that conflicted entirely with her personality, Sial approached the Aes Sedai. Tirzah and some other Novices were there but all the same, Sial lingered as opposed to walking right up and joining them. It was partically to do with the Sister (you didnt just bound into an Aes Sedais conversation without invitation!) but also because Tirzah was an ally and the Cairheinin felt a vague sense of disloyalty at the thought of joining a conversation Tirzah might have wanted to be private.

So she loitered. Loitered and shot glances around the room to take account of what the others were doing.

Sial Daemoa