DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

worst scene

Guest leebarr

I don't know that it is a scene that needs to be cut, but the most disapointing scene for me was the resolution of the Aram plotline.  There was a lot of good buildup but the climax was  real let down.  I would have been happier if it had been one of the unresolved plotlines for after AMoL.

As tolkien said:  It is not possible to please everyone at all points in a really long tale, to some the parts that are a blemish are to others specially important.  It was something like that and I think it's deliberate, RJ wanted to make his characters as human as possible.  Now, for my post.  parts with Perrin and Egwene are my least favorite.  I never really liked Perrin, he seemed dull, I like Egwene earlier on, but since that Mat scene in tDR, I have disliked her.  My favorite scenes with her since then have been her get strapped by the Wise Ones and then Silviana.  One of the reasons I dislike her is because with all of her experiences, she should be a much less arrogant Aes Sedai but she falls right into the Aes Sedai mold.  Most Aes Sedai either annoy or intrigue me.  One of the things I find hilarious about Aes Sedai is they scoff at Asha'Man being Gaurdians, yet they don't see the contradiction in calling themselves Aes Sedai(Servants of All).  I got annoyed by Nyneave too but now I like because of how she's changed

I agree. Egewene is pain in the .$$7%#.(edited by me). Some people do find her interesting in the last three book. But she hasn't changed a hair from the person she was in the first book. RJ might have put her in some interesting plot in the last three books. But that just made her more unbearable and annoying. Her irritating comments and snide remarks on Rand is highly boring. U would think after growing up with and planning to marry some one, she would know him better than this.

Those who started liking her for the recent books must have great tolerance and great deal of patience. Remarkable for them and I appreciate the virtue. But RJ should have realised that not all of us is patience and tolerant.

I wouldn't miss her even if all of her chapter is deleted.

Elayane is far more interesting than Egwene. All in all she isn't my type.

My second hated is Fail and third Perrin...I hate them both. Downright irritating with all their illogical snoging and demand. Well, I say if she likes to shouted at make her marry a drunk. He would give her bonus too....some occassional beating.

For favourite and dream woman...I am all for Min farshaw.(ah...Rand u lucky son of a ....862%#42).

I don't know that it is a scene that needs to be cut, but the most disapointing scene for me was the resolution of the Aram plotline.  There was a lot of good buildup but the climax was  real let down

Yeah, that was really annoying.  We had like 3 books of buildup for essentially a 5 second scene.  Talk about annoying.  I kept hoping that Aram would kill Faile or something but no, he just ends up dying in the blink of an eye.

It's funny how opinions can change throughout the story. In the begining, and throughtout most of the books, I could not stand Nyn or Egwene. I had a change of heart in the last book, and have come to respect both. Earlier on, I really liked Faile and Perrin, Now I dread every chapter that they are in. Faile has fallen in my eyes more than anyone, right above Perrin. Rand is becoming annoying as well, but at least I still have Mat...he gets better with each book.

Archived