DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Member from the UK

Moridiin

Hello everyone, I'm  a new member to the site but have actually been visiting it since about 1996 - 1997 or thereabouts, when it started off with a little flash anination if I remember correctly.

I have always looked at this site daily and probably more for a good many years but never actually signed up to it.  I did try once but there were problems so did not try again.  I never thought it would take RJ's passing for me to sign up.

RJ's death hit home for me even moreso than under normal circumstances, because at the time RJ was diagnosed and he revealed to us all what was happening my younger brother, who was the light of my family's life was also diagnosed with cancer.  It was so ironic that I would come home from the hospital after visiting my brother or coming back from a course of chemotherapy and reading RJ's blog and just knowing exactly what he and his family was going through.  I wish now I had signed up then and posted on the blog to say something.  However, when someone you love is dieing slowly each day it is difficult to do things that with hindsight you wish you would have done.

My brother passed away in May and left a massive gap my familiy's life.  But as with everything life goes on and I am sure he is in a better place and no longer in pain.  Gone but definitely not forgotten, As is the case with RJ.

I have spent the last 15 years reading the Wheel of Time, I have been part of Mat's Band of the Red Hand on occassion, at times I have been Lanfear's devoted helper (in love with beautiful evil) sometimes friend and colleague to Moiraine and definitely always a hater of Egwene, Nynaeve and Elayne!!!!  God I wish Rand leaves with Min or Lanfear.  I can even deal with Aviendha, but I feel Elayne has ruined her somewhat. Recently though, I have been Moridin - He is so insanely cool!!!!  Sadly, as with all journeys, this is soon to come to an end.  However, when things pass on there is always the wolf dream where anything is possible,  something that RJ provided - a world to escape to where anything is possible.  Thanks for the gift RJ.

So now like everyone else on here I eagerly await the final installment - A Memory of Light.

I just wonder how much of the book RJ had completed - has it ever been mentioned?  I guess if it was more than 50%, in my opinion,  the book will not lose RJ's touch too much.  If it was less than that .........

Also the final title just makes me think it refers to Lanfear - A Memory of Light that triggers her salvation.  Yeah I know she loves power more than anything.  But for power she would be willing to destroy the dark one himself so I just think there is somethig good buried deep down some where within her.  If she loves Rand still, she can't be totally evil - I don't think Love and Evil go that well together.

I guess my personal hopes are that Lanfear and Moridin Live.  Along with Mat and Moiraine they are my favourire characters.  Special mentions for Demandred and Tuon too.

Well that's my intro.  Normally when I sign up to sites its a short and sweet sentence.  But with the Wheel of Time I though I would put in a bit of effort.

PS I hope Elaida kicks someone's Ass!!!  Anyone's I don't care who. People just don't give her enough credit and are mean to her!!!! :-)

Take Care Moridiin

RJ has prepared the book to be written after his death, we don't know how much he finished, but we do know that his story has been entirely told.

What we also don't know is if Harriet and Wilson will actually have the final book written. It may simply be too hard for them emotionally. Here's to hoping though.

Guest Stefania Sedai

Welcome to DM, Moridiin. We are thrilled to have you join us. I am so sorry to hear about your brother. We have all mourned the loss of RJ here and you are welcome to share your sorrows with us all.

I think that you have some great ideas as to the final book. I too am praying that it gets finished. It may take them a while, but I just can't stand to think that Harriet and Wilson would allow his work to go unfinished. I think that we will get aMoL and that it will be awesome!

Officially, I would like to invite you to come and join the Band of the Red Hand. As an obvious Mat fan I think that we would have a lot to offer that you would enjoy. We would love to have you join us!

Hey there Mordiin, I'm too really sorry to hear about your brother, but I hope you have a great time here.

So hello from another Brit. The Band is a good choice. If you look down the page your should see the Org and in there is a sign up thread, just sign in there are someone will soon have you fixed up.

I would also like to recommend the Wolfkin, we are a fun group and a little informal. We are also the home of TQ chilli and cheerleaders, so pop along and see if you'll like it there too...

But most of all have fun and see you round the band if not the boards. ;D

Welcome to DM, from another Brit!

If you struggle to find the thread that Talya mentioned, just drop me a PM and I will help you through everything.

RJ's death wasn't expected, but I am confident the book will eventually be published. Such a series deserves it final book, and it would be a great shame if it wasn't published. And I am prepared to wait as long as possible for the book.

And whatever you do at DM, have fun! :)

Archived