DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Rooms and New People (Attn: Sana, Rodrik, and Baine)

Zachary

"Green." Maldrin said, then looked up at Sana. "And don't worry about getting hurt. You have us two watching your back. I can't speak for the both of you, but a bar melee is the perfect way to burn some energy."

Cracking his knuckles, Maldrin sat down on his bed, finished with unpacking. "So, how far along are you two in your training? I've been training for a couple weeks or so."

Rodrik smiled at Maldrin's comment. He laughed ans dhook his head at the same time. "You want to get in a fight? I know the perfect place. The ale's good, and saying one wrong word earns you a punch in the face. I know from experience." His friends laughed at that slapping their sides. "As for training, I've been here for over a year now. What about you, there Sana? How long have you been here?"

"You want to get in a fight? I know the perfect place. The ale's good, and saying one wrong word earns you a punch in the face. I know from experience."

The boys luaghed and Ursana shook his head. Somehow, he'd managed to get himself into a room with a bunch of fighters. He hoped the Light was kind enough to send him another roommate that wasn't as fight-crazy as these two seemed.

"As for training, I've been here for over a year now. What about you, there Sana? How long have you been here?"

Sana smiled as he looked at the other two. "Lets see, came to the Tower about... a month and a half ago. Spent about 2 weeks gambling then ended up in the Tower for healing." He said. "So that would give me about 3 weeks of training."

"Two weeks gambling and then a healing?" Maldrin asked. "That's why you gotta quit while your ahead, not quit while your ahead a couple leagues."

Leaning back, he turned his gaze to Rodrik and grinned. "One wrong word, eh? Well I know a place where they handle knives every time someone walks in, and if you so much as say 'hey' a dozen daggers head straight for you. And the ale's not even half bad." Maldrin liked one upmanship games. He usually won, too. After all, what stable lad could beat one of the tales he spun centered around how he got a gash on his face?

"One wrong word, eh? Well I know a place where they handle knives every time someone walks in, and if you so much as say 'hey' a dozen daggers head straight for you. And the ale's not even half bad." Rodrik heard this boast and knew he could not better it, most likely because they were probably talking about the same place. He wondered though. Maldrin would know the city better then he, but since his parents ownedthe richest inn, in Tar Valon, would their son be spending a lot of time around hells? Probably not, but anything was possible. Even Rodrik didn't spend much time near those. He had to be sure though. "This place your talking about wouldn't happen to be a hell by the name of Twin Black Needles, would it?"

Maldrin blinked. He hadn't expected someone around for only a year to know about that particular place. It hadn't been the place he was refering to, but it wasn't much better. "Not the place I was talking about, but a good place for a fight, and a dagger in your back if you're not careful."

Maldrin liked hells. There were a great many skills that were very useful that could be learned, if you knew the right way of going about it. There may be no thefts in Tar Valon, but that didn't mean there were no thieves.

Rodrik burst out laughing at Maldrin's comment. "Alright, you've got me. Now to decide where we'll go. To a hell, or maybe your parents inn, if they gave us discounts? What do you guys think? We can go to an inn now, or do you guys want to wait for our last roomie. I'll do what you guys want to do." Rodrik looked over Maldrin and Sana, awaiting their input.

"Alright, you've got me. Now to decide where we'll go. To a hell, or maybe your parents inn, if they gave us discounts? What do you guys think? We can go to an inn now, or do you guys want to wait for our last roomie. I'll do what you guys want to do."

Ursana shook his head at the two, but he was smiling as he did so. "I'll go drink wherever you want to, but if you get yourself into a fight, don't look at me. I just got all healed up from the last one I got into. I think i'll pass on anything more than a drink and a little gambling." He said good-naturedly.

"I'll go drink wherever you want to, but if you get yourself into a fight, don't look at me. I just got all healed up from the last one I got into. I think i'll pass on anything more than a drink and a little gambling."

Maldrin considered that for a moment, then mused aloud. "That rules out the rougher places, where you'd be pulled in just for coming with us. But I am aching for a good fight, so we shouldn't go to a good one. Well, not unless you want to have a fight with some payed roughs. I'm not sure why, but I can never beat one of those guys." He frowned, thinking about that. "Maybe because they're not drunk, and I usually am?" Shaking his head, he continued considering possible drinking spots. "We could always go to a nice inn, get a bit mellowed, then go to a rough place for a fight. That sounds good. Now, it's time for the important part. Who's buying?"

• 5 weeks later...

Standing up, Maldrin put a hand to his side and tested it carefully. No broken bones, but it was definatly going to leave a large bruise, if it hadn't already. "I'm in. We'll just need to refrain from fighting a couple six footers. My sides bothering me a bit, still. Where you two want to go first?"

OOC: Night of the Living Thread. Dun dun duuuuun.

Rodrik smiled and answered quickly. "I say we go to the Golden Harp. It has good ale, and it is much cheaper then in any of those more fancier inns. It usually has a dice game or two, so we might want to win some money back. I'm fairly lucky. What do you guys say?" Rodrik walked to the door, checking to make sure his weapons were all there. He had something special planned for later, and he might require them. He opened the door. "Let's go!" He held the door open to let Maldrin and Sana pass through, and then he walked out, closing it behind him. He asked with some amusement," So, who's buying the drinks?"

((OOC: Night of the Living Thread. Dun dun duuuuun. I love it! LOL!))

Ursana listened to the two as they discussed their different opinions of places to go. Rodrik's idea of the Golden Harp was good. He'd been there a few times before he had joined the guard and had been running away from a reunion with his sister. Funny how things went. But the Inn was good, the ale was good, and the gambling was good too. Fighting he might try to avoide, but a good game of dice or cards was always welcome.

"So, who's buying the drinks?" Rodrik asked as he opened the door.

Sana laughed. "I've got first round. Then you both owe me." He grinned as he followed.

dmursana.jpg

ooc:Tar Valon sounds good to me. It's becoming annoying everytime when I click on the subject, and I click the first page. I keep forgeting to click 3.

And as for the drop off and pick up point, I don't believe in coincidence. It's al preordained.

ic:Rodrik laughed at Sana. "Sure, you buy first, I'll buy second, and Maldrin can buy third." He ewalked out of the barracks, with Sana, and Maldrin close behind. They walked down the path that split the Yards in two, and out the Gates. They were now in the city of Tar Valon. It was now time to have fun.

ooc: I'll start the post. Look for it in Tar Valon!