DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

one of three most powerful sa'angreal?

Lunan

"...The Sword That Cannot be Touched is a sa'angreal, girl. Only two more powerful were ever made, and thank the Light, neither of those was ever used."

This kind of strikes me as reffering to sa'angreal in general. "...The sword that cannot be touched is a sa'angreal, girl. Only two (Sa'angreals) more powerful were ever made..."

So I would say it is possible for the 3rd (or 2nd) most powerful sa'angreal to have been used.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is what it says in the BWB on the matter:

One of the most powerful male sa'angreal ever made, Callandor is believed to have been constructed during the War of Power. A crystal sword with a curved blade, it is the only sa'angreal known to be made in the form of a weapon. Possibly second only to the giant male and female statues, it was believed able to channel enough of the One Power to level a city.

As we know the only other answer we have is a RAFO:

1  Date: 2000-04-04 | Location: Netherlands from Emma

Type: Live | Questioner: Unknown 

Q: In 'The Shadow Rising,' Lanfear mentioned two sa'angreal stronger than Callandor that a male could use. Is the second one ever going to appear?

A: Read And Find Out.

Which does mean he has concidered referencing it, not that he actually had a specific nmoment in mind. RJ was quite clear about his use of RAFO's, and several times stated that he said that as much to things he might possibly use as well as things he directly intended to use.

Here was the quote that I was referring to, The Dragon Reborn, A Trap to Spring, P. 275 (HC version):

"...The Sword That Cannot be Touched is a sa'angreal, girl. Only two more powerful were ever made, and thank the Light, neither of those was ever used."

Since they were talking about Male Channelers at this point, i'm assuming that she is not referring to the two Choden Kal (which technically were Ter'Angreal, not sa'angreal)....anyway, if you believe that she was talking about individual SA that can be used by Male Channelers then the 3rd most powerful SA ever created was never used. At least as far as she believes anyway....

If she was talking about SA in general...well, then my theory flies right out the window

Well the issue is that in the same conversation Siuan speaks about what Nynaeve could do with Callandor in her hands, and the risk of the Black Ajah getting it in theres. They weren't talking about male channelers specifically, which is why i believe that Siuan was refering to the two Choedan Kal, and not the unknown sa'angreal that Lanfear mentions.

think if there was a Male Sa'angreal in the Ebou Dar stash that Demandred or Sammael would have come for it themselves.  There's a possibility that a Male Angreal is in there but I'm pretty sure there's no Sa'angreal

The thing of it is that Sammael was using the Black Ajah to hunt down that stash specifically for that reason (to find angreal or sa'angreal to defend himself against Rand).  He wouldn't look himself for a couple of reasons:

1. Running a nation single handedly is alot of work.

2. Possibly running into lots of channelers (both AS and the Kin)  Granted he may not have known about the Kin but surely he knew of the AS there.

I don't know why Demandred wouldn't come looking but then he might not have done the research that Sammael did to track them to Ebou Dar.  I would love an entire book just from Demandred's POV as I find him to be a very interesting character.

think if there was a Male Sa'angreal in the Ebou Dar stash that Demandred or Sammael would have come for it themselves.  There's a possibility that a Male Angreal is in there but I'm pretty sure there's no Sa'angreal

The thing of it is that Sammael was using the Black Ajah to hunt down that stash specifically for that reason (to find angreal or sa'angreal to defend himself against Rand).  He wouldn't look himself for a couple of reasons:

1. Running a nation single handedly is alot of work.

2. Possibly running into lots of channelers (both AS and the Kin)  Granted he may not have known about the Kin but surely he knew of the AS there.

I don't know why Demandred wouldn't come looking but then he might not have done the research that Sammael did to track them to Ebou Dar.  I would love an entire book just from Demandred's POV as I find him to be a very interesting character.

Demandreds diary.

day 1.

Wooo, I´m out! Finaly, no more peeping tom mode! brb diary, got a world to desecrate!

Day 2. (empty)

Day 3. WTF! I sleep for 3 k years, and there is LTT again, Revenge time!

Day 4, Fuck. TGL got some low profile job for me. No killing Al´thor today :(

Day 5, Soo, getting TGL a bigger army. Ok, off to do some recruiting.(Maybe I can kill al´thor while I´m out there?

Day 6, Ok, low profile, no recruting. Now how am I to increase TGL´s army if all the trollocks are already in it?

Oh. Crap.

Day 7, (empty)

Day 8, (empty)

day 9 FFS; another day of trying to make trollocks mate faster and Ill go crazy, sight. its all LTT´s fault..

day 10+-> Demandred having fun watching trollocks?

//dyring - who´s kinda bored atm, if that didnt show ;)

Archived