DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

RandsDeath

Neilius

Don't know if this theory has been thrown in to the mix yet but it's what I have been thinking about lately.

I believe Rand is killed before the last battle. I wont speculate how but thats what I think happens.

As the shadow looks prepared for victory Matt, Perrin, and the rest of the major characters prepare to make there last stand. Matt somehow reaquires the Horn and blows it just as they are about to be overrun.

Lews Therin comes out of the Horn with the rest of the heroes of ages and defeats the Dark One. While he is battling for there survival some Ashaman and Aes Sedia form a powerfull circle and seal the prison up.

Somehow after that I think he is able to, with the help of his three wives, remember he is rand al'thor and seperates himself from the horn to live in the world of the living again. Perhaps something like what happens to Birgette.

What people seem to be forgetting is that Rand Al'Thor and Lews Therin are the same person. It is not two seperate souls but one. The reason (I believe) that he hears Lews Therin voice is, before his death at the end of the age of legends Lews Therin somehow denies himself a death and partitions himself. The untainted part of him will be reborn the other part will wait in madness until he is reborn with it. When Rand dies these two parts will merge and Lews Therin will be healed. However, the man that was Rand Althor will be lost within the new Lews Therin.

The knowledge of the age of legends that Lews Therin has will be critical in defeating the dark one and sealing his prison.

Speaking of Birgette. She dies. 97% sure. Then rides with the horn again. We will see tho.

Sorry if this topic has already been beat around a bunch I am the new noob around here.

Thanks for reading what do you thinK?

The Forsaken get to die, get reborn, die, get reborn, etc... No matter if they are Cyndane or Moridin, they keep coming back. Plus, they have all the powers and memories of their original selves from 3000 years ago.

Enter Rand.  He lives in the woods like a HillBilly.  2 years later he rules half the land.  Of course Lews Therin plays a role.  A 19 year old kid doesn't learn to rule overnight.  The wierd possession thing has been going on since before the books started.  If the DarkOne can constantly revive his minions, then the Creator must have some little bit of power.  Thus Mat, Perrin, and Rand.  Pre-planned and set to go.

As the shadow looks prepared for victory Matt, Perrin, and the rest of the major characters prepare to make there last stand. Matt somehow reaquires the Horn and blows it just as they are about to be overrun.

Firstly, it's Mat. One 'T'. Don't take that in the mean way, I wrote Siuan as Suine for years before someone pointed it out to me. Lol.

As to this, it seems most likely that when Verin left in KoD, it was to retrieve the Horn.

Lews Therin comes out of the Horn with the rest of the heroes of ages and defeats the Dark One. While he is battling for there survival some Ashaman and Aes Sedia form a powerfull circle and seal the prison up.

Somehow after that I think he is able to, with the help of his three wives, remember he is rand al'thor and seperates himself from the horn to live in the world of the living again. Perhaps something like what happens to Birgette.

Unfortunately, the function of the Horn is limited, and specific to the manifest personalities that appear in Tel'aran'rhiod. What occured with Birgitted would take far too long, and likely wouldn't occur with someone merely called by the Horn. Beyond which, the heroes remember all their lives. The Dragon Soul is no more Lews Therin than he is Rand, and he would remember both.

What people seem to be forgetting is that Rand Al'Thor and Lews Therin are the same person. It is not two seperate souls but one. The reason (I believe) that he hears Lews Therin voice is, before his death at the end of the age of legends Lews Therin somehow denies himself a death and partitions himself. The untainted part of him will be reborn the other part will wait in madness until he is reborn with it. When Rand dies these two parts will merge and Lews Therin will be healed. However, the man that was Rand Althor will be lost within the new Lews Therin.

All manifestations of a soul in the world of life have a facet personality that are seperate and distinct from those that come before. After death and prior to birth these facet personalities seem to amalgamate into a larger personality. That is what would exist as Rand.

The appearence of the Lews Therin personality resulted from a general destabalisation in Rand's personality as caused by the Taint. This has happened before, including in people that have not been exposed to the Taint.

The knowledge of the age of legends that Lews Therin has will be critical in defeating the dark one and sealing his prison.

Probably, but maybe not in the obvious manner. There is a flow of knowledge between the two, and that will serve the best interest of the Light irrespective of if Rand and Lews Therin are reintergrated.

That being said, I doubt that Lews Therin or his knowledge will provide the answer to defeating the dark one directly. His knowledge may inform the final decision, but RJ will not repeat what has already happened, and the best of Lews Therin's ideas--his only idea--has already been employed to disasterous effect.

Speaking of Birgette. She dies. 97% sure. Then rides with the horn again. We will see tho.

I once believed this, but Robert pointed out the prophecy of Birgitte having adventures with both a younger and older ugly man (Gaidal Cain). RJ has stated that Min's visions cover the future only. Gaidal is alway born before Birgitte, and is therefore always older. The only turning that allows for Gaidal to be younger is this one, yet Gaidal is an infant, at best a year old. For Birgitte to have adventures with a younger Gaidal, it must be this turning, and for it to be this turning it must be at least fifteen years in the future, if not more. Since Tarmon Gai'don is, at best, a matter of months away, Birgitte survives.

My beliefs in reguard to what occur with Rand and his death can be found at the following link, if you're interested. Third post down.

http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,14029.0.html

Archived