DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ogier Come to the Citadel (OPEN to ALL DIVs)

Kael

OOC: All wooden barracks are complete. Medical facilities are now complete in wooden forms and medics have moved into them. Wooden Barracks begin being reformed to stone. Consider all PC Barracks made stone. Training areas begin to become more organized. I.E Permanent Archery ranges, Sparring Rings, Riding course etc. Basically all that is needed for training. The Red Keep permenent foundations set, construction barely beginning. Stone continues to go up for the wall 3/10 done.

Kedyn watched slightly amazed at the sight of Ogier walking through the Citadel and working on the various barracks, their current job. Across the Citadel the Band had begun moving to and fro to complete their home. Engineers had come together with the Ogier to work on the stone masonry, though he engineers were doing very little compared to the giant Ogier.

Across the Citadel the various areas had been continued. Permenant archery targets of every different kind had been erected. Cavalry members had given plans to the engineers for a permenant riding course and it had sprung up as if out of the earth. The sword training areas were no longer simply a grass field, perment practice dummies along with a small sand ring stood were the usual sword training took place.

Even the City was sprouting up, the Band paying for the Ogier to also work on that section as well. They, the Ogier, had been there for nearly six months now, coming and going but there was always a prescence working or consulting with the commanders. The first stone inn, nearly three stories high and matching in beauty any inn of Tar Valon had been finished. New merchants were coming and going every day. Domani clothemakers, Andoran silversmiths, a clockmaker had even begun to set up in one of the many vacant buildings. A clockmaker no less! What the Band had had to import was now being made here in the Citadel for the most part. Refugees fleeing their homeland and settling in the Two Rivers, many gravitating towards the safety of the Citadel. It was only a matter of time before the Citadel could be considered a small city matching in beauty and streangth any of the larger cities, many a Band Member was heard boating it would surpasses even Tar Valon.

And althought he building were not being made completely by the Tower Kedyn could make out one stone block being lifted into the Air by invisible bonds, a man dressed in all black with a Red Armband around his right bicep watching it intently. The shiver that would run down most peoples back skipped Kedyn, he had seen Saidin enough to no longer be repulsed by it. If it kept Band members alive, than Kedyn was for it wholeheartedly.

With a look of small wonder Kedyn leaned back against the one scout barracks that had been completely converted to stone. He watched the Ogier work and began to imagine what the Citadel would be like when finished.

Kedyn Alastair

Scout Sergeant

Band Division Leader

OOC: for anyone who's interested, here's my bio: http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1694

Forge hefted his travel pack to a more comfortable position, as he paused briefly on the outskirts of the bustling activity in front of him. It rarely failed to bring a small smile to his face to see these humans dashing about with such enthusiasm. “What would the Elders say?†he wondered rhetorically, knowing full well what thoughts the long-lived Ogier would have on the matter. Chuckling in a low rumble like a bumblebee the size of a pony, Forge resumed his approach to this modern version of the Band of the Red Hand and their Citadel.

His had not been a long journey from Stedding Madan, but it was the first time he had traveled on his own so it had been exciting in a way, if uneventful. Other than a few travel stains on his coat and dust on his wide-toed, knee-high boots he was none the worse for wear. This was his first stop in his travels Outside, and he wasn’t sure how long he would stay, but he noticed several other Ogier working the Stone and already the desire to get to work called to him.

First, however, came his obligation to make sure he was welcome, so he strode through the entrance looking for someone who appeared to be in charge. The Citadel was very crowded, but the way opened easily for him. Many of the soldiers and craftsmen stopped and stared, despite the presence of numerous other Ogier already present. “Perhaps they are not as used to Ogier as I expected,†he wondered to himself, not realizing that his immense size even for an Ogier was what caught their eyes. Shouts of “Glory to the Builders! Kiserai ti Wansho!†came often from the throats of soldiers, announcing the presence of large numbers of borderlanders.

Forge smiled, his ears twitching with pleasure, as he repeatedly responded in a bass rumble that could have come from a large bull, “I am unworthy and the work small. Tsingu ma choba.â€

Continuing his way through the hustle and bustle, Forge wondered what type of human could keep such a large gathering of disparate warriors in line without constant violence. This Band was truly worthy of his attention, and its reputation was obviously well deserved.

Dashiva lounged against a wall watching one of his Asha'men pulling Redarm duty wield Air to lift stone blocks into place.

He'd deliberately chosen this Asha'man for his strength in Air to help with the building, slightly irritated that the same things that made a great Redarm were also required to help the building.

Standing up and away from the wall, he tugged his black coat back into its proper place, and ran his fingers over the silver lightning bolts on his sleeves, still somewhat amused by his promotion to Storm Leader after his not completely successful spying on the Band.

Walking down the streets, he called out to the various Ogier that he came nearby, unable to completely part from his Shienaran origins. He wanted to go check on one of his other Asha'men working this day, luckily not pulling Red arm duty.

OOC: Dash is game for meeting an Ogier, he's a Shienaran Storm Leader, and highest rank of the Black Tower detachment.

Guest Estel

Laughing, Carnhain chased after the large head easily seen even through the crowd. Shouts of 'Kiserai ti Wansho!', 'Glory to the Builders!' as Carnhain had learned from Banders of Borderland origins, followed the Ogier.

They enormous beings, dwarfing even the incrdible Isha, had been in and out of the Citadel for almost six months and the young former inn slave was only beginning to grow accostomed to their presence.

Pashing Dashiva, the leader of the Black Tower's detachment, he threwa quick salute and grin. While he had never had close contact with Dash, the bulky Shienaran was Isha's mentor, and a friend of Isha was a friend of Carnhain.

Finally catching up to the strolling Ogier, Carnhain grinned and introduced himself. "Hello friend Ogier, I am Lieutenant Carnhain Stromblade, are you in search of something? I'd be glad to aid you."

Striding through the crowd, Forge had just heard a greeting from a Shienaran in a strking black coat with silver lightning bolts on its sleeves when a young human ran in front of him and stopped.

Greeting him with a smile the human introduced himself, “Hello friend Ogier, I am Lieutenant Carnhain Stromblade, are you in search of something? I’d be glad to aid you.â€

Scratching his head at the near-breathless outburst, Forge looked down at the young man and replied in a low rumble like a bass drum. “Slow down friend. No need to be hasty. Your name sings in my ears, Lieutenant Carnhain Stromblade. I am called Forge. And, yes, I could use some help. I am looking for someone in charge here. I would like to introduce myself and see if I can be of assistance to your Band of the Red Hand. Can you aid me to that purpose?â€

Guest Estel

The young cavalryman's face almsot split in two at the mention of hasty. The Ogier had so much time to live their lives, and Carnhain has so short a time before he would be forced to slow because of old age.

"Of assistance? We always need more builders working on the Citadel, and a number of the inns in town have rooms built for Ogier. As for someone in charge, you'll want to talk to Amon or Mehrin. Tent's this way. By the way, which Stedding are you from?"

Smiling down at the young, excited human, Forge clapped him on the shoulder affectionately. "Well then my friend, take me to your leader."

Pausing thoughtfully for a moment, Forge added, "And if they are unavailable at the moment, perhaps we can visit with the builder in charge or your head blacksmith until they are free. And I come from Stedding Madan in the Mountains of Mist. Perhaps one day, you and I will visit my home together."

Dashiva strode down the streets and seized saidin as he walked and wove two flows, one of air to block anyone from walking, and opened a Gateway to a fenced off area on the other side of the Citadel.

Once he finished his inspecting rounds, he'd find a Builder or two to speak with about stonework.

OOC: I'll swing back around later, after you've met with someone in charge Forge.

• 3 weeks later...

A knock sounded at the new oak door. Mehrin took a moment to admire the sound before calling, "Come in." The door opened to admit Carnhain and... no one else. Judging by the size of the silhouette behind the other man, Mehrin stood and said, "Let me guess: another of the Ogier?" A smile crept onto Mehrin's face, one of the few real ones that he ever let out. He liked the Ogier; they had an air of knowledge and unhurried peace about them. After Carnhain's affirmative, Mehrin stood and retrieved his gear, then stepped outside.

Despite his height, Mehrin still had to crane his neck to look the Ogier in the eyes. Having met the other's gaze, Mehrin bowed and said, "Glory to the Builders! Welcome to the Citadel, Master Ogier. I am Mehrin Deathwatch, the commander of this mad bunch of degenerates." The last accompanied a smile and a finger pointed at Carnhain. "If you would like a tour about the Citadel, I would be most happy to oblige."

Accompanying the excited young lieutenant, Forge finally halted when Carnhain knocked on a door of a non-descript building. “Come in,†issued a voice from within. Looking at the size of the door then turning to look up at Forge, Carnhain appeared momentarily confused as to what to do. Smiling down at the human, Forge gently gestured him inside.

Momentarily, the same voice inside spoke again, "Let me guess: another of the Ogier?" followed swiftly by Carnhain’s voice, “Yes, Mehrin.†Forge waited patiently as sounds of preparation drifted through the door until this “Mehrin†appeared.

Stepping outside in front of Carnhain, a large man announce, "Glory to the Builders! Welcome to the Citadel, Master Ogier. I am Mehrin Deathwatch, the commander of this mad bunch of degenerates." The last accompanied a smile and a finger pointed at Carnhain.

“I am unworthy and the work small. Tsingu ma choba,†replied Forge in a deep bass rumble, looking down and smiling in kind at the commander’s jest, ears twitching slightly with pleasure. “Your name sings in my ears, Mehrin Deathwatch.â€

Pausing briefly, Forge assessed the leader of this strange assortment of warriors. He appeared to be very large for a human, but still was barely more than half Forge’s height. He had a decisive, confident look to him, as if he was used to having to make tough decisions and equally accustomed to them turning out well. “This is a man,†Forge thought to himself, “that knows what he is about.†Forge liked him instantly.

“I am Hamar son of Dain son of Maddic, but I prefer to be called Forge. I have come to see if I may be of service to your Band of the Red Hand, if it pleases you. I see you have much need of help with your stonework with the few Ogier here. If it would not put you to too much of an inconvenience, I would like a tour of your Citadel, I believe it is called, so I can see the construction for myself, as well as seeing what you feel are the priorities to be completed.†Pausing again briefly, Forge added, “It would be an honor, as well, to meet your master blacksmith, for I have a great fondness for working with steel as well as with the Stone.â€

Pausing again, Forge focused intently on the commander’s face. “Also, commander, I would like to know what your plans are for the Band. A darkness lies across the Pattern, and I would not be the cause of more discord.†Forge’s ears lay slightly back with seriousness and a slight frown appeared on his face and his brows lowered as he continued, “The Dark One stirs, and I have been called to fight him in any manner I am able. I would like to know if my work here will aid that cause or hinder it. For I cannot sit aside while the Dark One’s minions destroy this world.â€

Shifting his travel pack, and unconsciously touching the two battle axes over his shoulder, Forge patiently waited for the commander’s response.