DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

SinisterDeath

• Community Administrator

There is only one word I think can truelly define this movie..

Wow.

Vissually, its out there.

And just as a fair warning, the movie Is Rated R for containg nudity... (As well as what appears to be sex?) :P

Heres what the back of the thing says about the movies plot.

"Born with an acute sense of smell, Jean-Baptiste Grenouille (Ben Whishaw) Resorts to dark deeds in creating a perfume that captures the essence of a woman in this 18-century thriller based on Patrick Suskind's best-selling novel. The Disturbing intensity mounts as Baroque-born Grenouille's obsession to create the ultimate scene moves from innovation to murderous aberration. Alan Rickman co-stars along with Dustin Hoffman as a master Perfumer."

Story wise, its pretty far out there, but its worth a watch imo.

Is it good? Dunno. Is it bad? Dunno. But it will probably leave you going..

Wow..

Or at least screetching 'boobies!'

The film with quite possibly the weirdest plot i have EVER seen. It was as far out there as far out there gets. It didn't so much leave me going "Wow..." as it left me going "....Eh?". But i enjoyed it somewhat, it kept me entertained as it went along. Not the best film ever, but i, too, say it's worth a watch.

• Community Administrator

Ooh, I'm glad someone's seen it.  I LOVE a period film - 18th century being one of my favorites - and I Love a film that makes me go huh?  So this is probably right up my alley.

Its definately a movie you can't just turn on and 'watch' you actually have to 'listen'. Else you'll miss certain key elements of the story...

Anyways if you have kids, I wouldn't recommend this as a 'family movie' in the slightest. Though I would recommend parents watching it themselves before deciding if they think there kids are old enough to watch it. "which is sorta a 'duh' thing anyways, as it does contain alot? of nudity."

I walked upstairs right after reading this thread to discover that my dad had gotten bored at the movie store... and rented a whole bunch of movies. This one included. So I suspect that I'll be seeing it soon.

Archived