DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Calling all Norse Mythology/Asatru folks!

Mendorah

My nephew needs some good, Reliable sources for an essay he's doing for school. As the resident heathen in my family, my sister came to me for help. However, my knowledge of Norse Mythology is limited to the small involvement I had in a seminar of the subject right here on Dragonmount as a novice.

So if anyone has any Reliable sources (preferably internet based as those are free) they can share on the subject, I'd be very grateful. The only info I was given on the subject of his paper is Norse cosmology. He's in the 10th grade, so I imagine sources will be a big deal.

Thanks,

Guest Majsju

Start with Snorri Sturluson 'The Younger Edda', it's a great introduction for those not familiar with the mythology, even though it contains a few minor flaws.

Should be available at any decent library.

Thank you SO much! I was just able to download and print two major works of his for my nephew - The Elder Eddas & the Heimskringla. I'll have to re-imburse my work for the 600+ pages I printed, but that'll cost me less than $10, so I'm ok with that. I think I'm going to have to read these myself soon, it look slike there's a lot of history in there. Except I'll be purchasing an actual book instead of printing the beast again.

Thank you thank you thank you!

its interesting history indeed

ah yeah maj i should have guessed...but one thing i dont get is how they can manage to change a name when they sudenly are to use it in english

i mean your name is anne then its not ann or anna or anything its anne *shrugs*

Archived