DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Bonding and the Madness

Safia al-Maaz

Just to show that I'm a dork in more than one fantasy world ....

Tinuviel is the name that Beren, son of Barahir, gave to Luthien, daughter of Thingol (Elwe) and Melian the Maia, when he heard her singing in the forest of Doriath.  It means "Nightingale".

Ealdur is an Old English form of the word that is now spelled "Elder", with the connotation of being ancient or extremely old. 

So, Ealdur Tinuviel means "Ancient Nightingale".

thats funny robert. my road to dorkdom came at a very early age. my dad read the hobbit to me when i was about six years old. it lead me to things like narnia, conan, wrinkle in time (all the good kid stuff) before i read the tolkien trilogy as a teen. the dork side of this was that, being a girl, i was not sopposed to be interested in this genre.i have read a great deal of sci fi as well, and i would probably never read anything by danielle steel, even the jacket.

I'll tell you what I've read/am reading abd what I like:

Wheel of Time Series (duh!)

A Song of Ice and Fire Series by George R.R. Martin

The Sword of Truth Series by Terry Goodkind

All High Fantasy, the lot, and really good

Then theres...

Lord of the Rings (including the Hobbit)

Wrinke in Time series by Madeleine L'Engle

The Inheritance Trilogy by Christopher Paolini

The Dragonlance Chronicles by Tracy Hickman and Margaret Weis

The Drizzt books by R.A. Salvatore

Can't think of anything else off of the top of my head...

I liked Sandstorm by James Rollins.  Haven't gotten around to reading any of his other books, but they also look good.  Wheel of Time is definitely my favourite series.  And I wasn't too much of a fan of the Harry Potter series after book 3 until book 7 came out.  I was utterly amazed that she wrote that book so well, comparing it to 4, 5, and 6, which definitely were not my favourites.  As long as good triumphs over evil I am completely and utterly happy ^^

Archived