DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

ATTEN -HUT: Physical Training [OPEN] (repost)

jasonr

ooc: I know this one is Estel's, but she looked to be buisy so I transfered this over here

Written by Estel

Isha stood in the middle of the training ground, a forbidding pillar in the midst of the barren field. There was no emotion shown on his face, for he felt none. This was just another day in the Tower: training and teaching, training and teaching, training and teaching.

Early as it was, Isha was schooled to operate at low levels of sleep, needing little even after an entire day's work. He slept only from after the sun set 'til before the sun rose. Then he set his great body to work, lifting his own weight and running the track.

'If those Soldiers don't arrive soon, they'll get a rude awaking.' thought Isha sternly. People who knew him as well as his closer friend would have seen the shadow of emotion cross his face but to any unschooled Soldier or unfamiliar Asha'man, nothing had changed.

Just as the giant man was about to start awakening Soldiers, they began to arrive. They straggled to where he waited slowly, chatting amongst themselves. He stopped himself from shaking his head. They were supposed to warriors, they should be ready now.

Finally, the last one arrived and Isha's deep bass voice cracked like a whip. "ATTENTION! FORM RANK AND REPORT NAME AND RANK! NOW!"

Written by jasonr

ooc: thanks for doing this Estel

IC: Noy was walking up to his first official physical training class; Isha was instructing the class. Some other Soldiers were nervous about the class, but Noy knew what to expect… so he was almost dreading the next class. Training sessions with Isha were hard enough, but Noy knew Isha’s training habits even though he had only been at the Tower for a couple weeks. When you were in private with Isha, he was a friendly man, he was friendly in public too, but Noy was a Soldier and Isha was an Asha’man, they had certain expectations. All friendliness that Isha had would be lost when they arrived, he would not play favorites and he would not go easy on anyone, especially Noy. Isha had probably set standards for Noy to live up to because Noy was his mentee.

As they approached the pre-selected training grounds, Noy caught his first glimpse of Isha, and he definitely did not look friendly. Noy saw something change about his face for an instant, but could not determine what it was; he could barely tell that it had even existed. Noy was beginning to see these things, and last night he had determined that it must have been something. Noy had also determined that after he had spent months with Isha and became Asha’man; he would be able to tell what they were. Once everyone had arrived Isha said loudly in a voice that sounded like a whip cracking, “ATTENTION, FORM RANK AND REPORT NAME AND RANK! NOW!†Isha knew his name and his rank, Noy had no need to tell him, but he was not a fool, and would tell him anyway. Some of the others had seen Isha and knew he was a friendly man, they would think he was joking. Noy had seen this transformation every time Isha trained him, so Noy knew better that to play around.

“I am Soldier Noy Lugay, Asha’man Isha Talcontar sir!†Noy said in a loud voice after had saluted, fist to heart. Noy was tall but not anywhere near Isha’s seven feet. He himself was only six feet tall. Noy snapped to attention when he replied to Isha, his dark black hair swaying as him brown eyes met Isha’s, passing over his scarred face. Noy had gotten used to that, and did not shudder anymore as he used to. It was not easy to stand strait for long with your fist held to your chest, or look up to someone a foot taller than you, but Noy had learned the hard way to stand at attention until Isha said he could relax. He hated having to do this to a friend, but he respected Isha, and would not disobey him. Noy smiled inwardly, he was turning as stiff and focused as Vykor. It was not that he disliked Vykor, but when they met they were complete opposites. Another thing he hated was waiting, but another thing he had learned was that to learn something here, you had to wait for your superiors most of the time. Noy took a deep breath while remaining in his stance, and waited for the others to follow his lead, because only then would Isha start.

ooc: Hope you don’t mind Noy noticing your little irritation thing, figured that after 2-3 weeks of looking at that scarred face of yours every time he woke up, he might notice something. I wasn’t sure what you meant about forming ranks, aren’t all Soldiers equal?

Written by Faile (AKA Faile1987)

OOC: Hope it´s ok if I join, needing still my first physical training and having finally found an open thread to sneak in

IC: Once in what seemed to be ages, Ged had actually managed to sleep tight and deep as a rock, without having any of those gruesome nightmares about burning inns and screeaming people pleading for him to spare their lives. Only on awaking to the sunlight already tickling his face, Ged realized that he had been laying sound asleep the entire night, not even bothering to undress or take his boots off when he dropped into his bed, too weary to even think clearly of sheer physical and mental exhaustion after his first One Power class.

But Light, he was late now! He thouht, giving a start and practically jumping out of his bed, quickly shrugging into his long black coat, futilely trying to get all the wrinkles he had made in it out again.

Knowing that his teachers wouldn´t be pleased at his rather shaggy appearance, Ged still knew that they would even less tolerate him being late to class and so he only quickly washed his face and tied his long curly brown hair back with a leather cord untill rushing down the corridors of the Farm hurrying to his class which would be due any moment.

As Ged arrived at the place he had been told his first physical training lesson was about to take place, his heart and good spirits this morning suddenly sank again back to his usual rather gloomy mood when he spotted the Asha´man who was described to him as Isha Talcontar - a real giant of a man who even Ged with his 6 feet 2 had to look up to. Instantly Ged had to swallow as he heard the huge man bellow:

"ATTENTION! FORM RANK AND REPORT NAME AND RANK! NOW!"

Giving a start, Ged leapt in line with the other Soldier present whom he immediately recognized as Noy who he had been taught together with the other day during their intro to Saidin. Shooting a quick uncertain grin, his green eyes rather looking wildly around, nervous and insecure on how to behave properly, Ged just straightened and imitated Noy. "I am Soldier Ged Maevere, Asha´man Isha Talcontar, Sir!", he said with a loud voice, fighting not to let it tremble giving away his tension and sudden nervousness.

As he stood there next to Noy, Ged kept an eye on Isha, who was scowling at them in a rather displeased way as if they had done something wrong from the start. Irritated and using a quick side glance of Isha, Ged whispered to Noy, careful not to be overheard by the tall Asha´man - displeasing him was the last thing he intended now - "What is going on here? What are we supposed to do?"

Written by jasonr

ooc: I will make this a short one ‘cuz we really should wait for everyone before making dialogue. *looks pointedly at someone who has already posted and is not Estel* I’m just kidding, but we should really wait for everyone next time.

IC: Noy tried his best to keep his eyes from widening when Ged spoke. When Isha is standing right in front of you, irritated and in his ‘instructor mode’ you just do not start talking. Noy gulped, and knew that Ged would get in trouble if Noy just ignored him, because he would probably say something else. Noy met Isha’s eyes once more and looked at him; he looked very displeased, but he was like this when he was instructing anything. Perhaps he was a little tense; it was very hard to tell these things about Isha. Noy very much doubted that they would be standing there in their full skins if Isha were truly angry. They had probably gotten of to a bad start by being slow about coming here. Whispering so that Ged would just barely hear him, Isha had ears like a cat’s, Noy said, “Isha is like this when he teaches, just stay like this until he tells you to relax.†There was no need to tell Ged that Isha was perhaps a little tense, or that they might have had taken to long. He was not sure of anything and it would take up time and make Isha more likely to hear if he explained in full.

Written by Faile (AKA Faile1987)

OOC: Ok, sorry for that, just couldn´t resist....so I´ll keep this one rather short too not to put anyone off

IC:Ged swallowed immediately having the feeling of having something done totally wrong when he had adressed Noy even though he had tried to keep as silent as possible not to draw Isha´s attention onto him and Noy both. He really didn´t want to get anyone in trouble just because of his own inexperiencedness. Still he caught Noy´s almost inaudible whisper, the other Soldier´s voice sounding rather vexed and anxious at avoiding Isha overhearing him.

“Isha is like this when he teaches, just stay like this until he tells you to relax.â€

Ged nodded slightly at this not wanting to make it too apparent to Isha´s wary eyes. The man indeed seemed more than only tense and for one moment Ged wondered if his being late might have contributed to the man´s mood. Light he really didn´t want to know how Isha would be when he was really angry and he silently resolved to try his best not to give him any reason for directing his anger at him. So Ged just remained standing straight, his muscles already tight and knotting since he was unfamiliar to be left standing like that, but he would hold on as long as it would take for now.

Written by Lord Kalthandrix (now it's just Kalthandrix)

"ATTENTION! FORM RANK AND REPORT NAME AND RANK! NOW!" , was the booming command that sailed through the air and caused Vykor to start running. ' Blood and ashes; I am going to be late!' was his only thought as he began to furiously pump his legs and opened up his stride. He had been getting up early every morning since he had begun training with the sword and had quickly decided that he loved the practicing with the deadly instrument. Even now, with the three feet of steel encased in its plain brown leather scabbard threatening to trip his in his head long dash across the Farm, the thought never occurred to him that he should stop and stash the weapon somewhere so he could run faster. His black coat was undone at the neck and a light sheet of sweat had already matted his brow before he had even begun to run. He had a great place to practice in private that also afforded him a great view of one of the Ash’aman who came out every morning to practice the forms as well, allowing the young Soldier the opportunity to watch him and mimic the movements of the other man.

Shaking the errant thoughts from his head, Vykor stopped thinking and tried to run harder. With his left arm swinging at the same blinding pace as his legs and the right one pinning his satchel to his side to keep it from flopping around and his right hand clenched around the leather wrapped hilt of his weapon, Vykor came tearing into view of the rest of the Soldiers, whom were already formed up and barking out their names.

Skidding to a stop and panting for breath, Vykor held himself as straight as possible as he fell into the back rank of the gathered formation. When it came his turn, he was still out of breath but managed to shout out, "Soldier Vykor Temmer reporting sir!" as he thumped his clenched fist to his breast and remained at attention as he tried to get his breathing fully back under his control.

**end**

Guest Estel

ooc: don't worry Aldazar...you can still post (and so can anyone else) until the next lessons is up...then we're closing it...let's finally get this moving...

ic:

Isha's lips twitched in displeasure. The massive Asha'man was not happy. Not happy at all. He strode up and down the line of Soldiers until stopping before Noy and another soldier who gave his name as Ged. The two were convieniently standing side-by-side.

Quietly Isha spoke. "I do not appreciate other talking when I am giving a lesson. It is primordial for you boys to listen in your lessons as any lack of attention has the power to kill you." With a swift movement, massive grabbed the two boy's head and banged them together. That should be suitable punishment for those two.

As for his other mentee, Isha pointed and barked out another order. "Vykor, fifty push-ups for your tardiness, once he's done boys, follow me."

Good to his word, Isha turned on his heel and set a goodly pace as soon as Vykor dropped to his belly after his fiftieth push-up. The boy would fall behind if he wasn't quick enough to get to his feet.

Hitting the track that wound itself around the entire Black Tower, Isha's long legs made easy progress along the hard-packed dirt. He could hear Soldiers breathing hard behind him but he didn't slack his pace.

Turning around and running backwards- finally having to slow the pace a little to keep himself from tripping- he yelled out to his class, the less athletic of those already falling behind.

"We'll do five Koras laps, laps around this track which winds around the entire Black Tower, before beginning on th rest of the lesson."

ooc: *huge grin* good job Faile, you got me in trouble.

IC: Noy was cautiosly watching Isha when all the sudden... "I do not appreciate other talking when I am giving a lesson. It is primordial for you boys to listen in your lessons as any lack of attention has the power to kill you." Noy was about to respond when a sharp pain in the side of his head interupted and scattered all of his thoughts. Once he had cleared his line of vision of the numerous stars and black dots, he realized that Isha smacked his head agains Ged's. Noy shot Ged an accusing look, but it was his own bloody fault.

Truth to tell, Noy had been looking foward to the other's reactions when they met Isha. If Noy had been a good friend and told him beforehand, this would have never occured. Noy followed, slightly dizzy, as Isha led them to the outskirts of the Farm. Koras Laps. Isha turned around and ran backwards, and almost in an echo of Noy's thoughts said: "We'll do five Koras laps, laps around this track which winds around the entire Black Tower, before beginning on th rest of the lesson."

Five, not too horrible. Noy was already getting used to the riggors of daily life at the Farm. Well, he was forced to get used to them by a full seven feet of mentor that he happened to live with. Around his first lap Noy was reminded about how large the the Farm really was. After the Second lap, he was wishing he had a water flask to take a few swigs of. Around the third lap, Noy was preying that his mentor would stumble, or something to give them even a short break. When he finnaly pulled in after completing the fifth lap Noy had his hands on his knees and was panting.

It didn't take Noy long to recover though. After moisture returned to his mouth and a few minuits to catch his breath, he was ready for the next excercize. The other Soldiers, besides Vykor of course, might be proud of the run they had just completed, but Noy knew, from doing this about every day, that it would only be getting worse from here. Noy stood up straiter and waited for Isha to tell them what to do next.

ooc: remember, Faile and Aldazar, Noy gets a daily dosage of Ishaness, so he might be a little more prepaired than you. :wink:

OOC: hmm so much rping so little imagination left i think this is gonna be a short post. since im inevitably going to be late to class i gonna give myself Vykor's punishment too.

IC: I'm late,I'm late,I'm late,Aldazar thought to himself in a panic. He had allowed himself to sleep in and not go out to practice the sword this morning because of the Physical training session he would have today a foolish mistake. Pulling on his black coat as he ran for the assigned area he buttoned it up quickly and started pumping his legs for all they were worth. Maybe if I run fast enough I can still be on time.

Unfortunately he lost that race against time and worse he was the last to arrive. everyone was already in ranks so he joined them taking the last position. Stroling along the ranks the instructor stopped and spoke to two of the soldiers present the words were lost to Aldazar but he did hear the crack of their heads colliding with each others. Then he turned to the man next to himself and barked "Vykor, fifty push-ups for your tardiness, once he's done boys, follow me." as far as Aldazar could tell he was not going to be punished for his own lateness, but instead of taking the easy way out he got down on his own hands and began doing push-ups in counterstroke to the man next to him unfortunately that meant he was also half a second behind him in getting up and following the group for their run.

"We'll do five Koras laps, laps around this track which winds around the entire Black Tower, before beginning on th rest of the lesson." called the huge Asha'man. Five laps of the entire black tower and then they were going really start the lesson!

Assuming the void in his mind but not taking hold of the power Aldazar ran on as hard as he could. He still felt the exaustion from his mad dash to the lesson and then the push-ups but now it was like the feelings belonged to another man. After two of the running laps were done he even managed to pass a few of the other Soldiers the ones who weren't as fit who believed something like being physically strong was of no need when you had the strength of the One Power. Aldazar understood though to be strong in the One Power you needed both. He almost didn't notcie when they were done coming a hair's breath away from into another soldiers back realising the running was done with he let go of the void and all the exaustion he had been ignoring crashed home barely stopping himself from fainting he dropped to his knees and conted himself with panting for breath like a few of the other soldiers were.

OOC: woa long post

Guest Faile1987

When Isha´s eyes shifted on him and Noy, Ged briefly wondered if that man´s piercing gaze indeed could kill a man on the spot, for if it was so, he and Noy certainly wouldn´t have to live much longer....

"I do not appreciate other talking when I am giving a lesson. It is primordial for you boys to listen in your lessons as any lack of attention has the power to kill you." , Isha´s voice was calm and quiet and somehow this was even worse than having him yell at them, Ged knew. Yet before he could even manage to swallow at the reprimand he had just received, he was suddenly grabbed by the head and a sudden pain exploding in the side of his head made his vision black out for an instant and as his sight was eventually returning, Ged still saw black flecks dancing in front of his eyes.

Resisting the urge to reach up for the still hurting spot on his head though, Ged shot an apologetic look at Noy for having brought him in trouble despite he would have had to know better.

But he didn´t have much time to ponder about that nor think about his hurting head anyway, since Isha was breaking into a fast stride guiding them through the farm and outside his voice rose again.

"We'll do five Koras laps, laps around this track which winds around the entire Black Tower, before beginning on th rest of the lesson.", he commanded, his voice making it all too clear that he would hear no complaints at that.

Koras laps..., Ged mused, what was to come only faintly dawning on him as he broke into a run.

Only now he fully realized how big the Farm really was. Surprisingly the first lap went quite easy for him and Ged silently thanked his dead father for having him made working on the farm as hard as he had which had built up some condition.

Yet at end of the second lap Ged was already doubting that his condition was that good after all and in middle of the third one, he was breathing so hard ,that he seemed to go deaf by the mere sound of his heavy panting. As it was he somehow managed to force himself to move and he didn´t know how he actually managed to hold on untill the fifth lap, but the last metres his knees wanted to buckle and Ged´s lungs wanted to explode.

Rather stumbling than walking the last few metres, Ged crashed to the ground next to Noy as he was desperately fighting for breath, his whole body drenched in sweat, his black coat and his long hair clinging on him damply.

Light! I am dead, he thought, perfectly aware of the fact that the lesson only had started and knowing the drill of the Black tower and looking over to Isha who didn´t seem to be exhausted at all, Ged knew that worse was yet to come.

OOC: Yeah, Jason, all I have to say to this is: ouch...;)

"Vykor, fifty push-ups for your tardiness, once he's done boys, follow me."

With nothing else to do and knowing that arguing would be a pointless exercise, Vykor threw himself on the ground and began counting off his punishment. He was still warmed up from his morning sword practice and run to formation, but the strain of the push-ups further wore down his strength and made his arms and chest burn. A fresh batch of sweat was already forming on his brow and he had not even really started the morning run. Another late Soldier dropped down beside him and began knocking out push ups as well.

Vykor finished as quickly as he could, but already he had lost sight of the formation of runners. Not wanting to leave a man behind, he waited for the other Soldier to finish his punishment as well and then fell into step with him as he began to run. Vykor did not know the other Soldier's name, but he had seen him around the Farm. Shaking the errant thoughts from his head and focusing on running, Vykor began to wish he had taken the day off of his early morning sword practice. The other man quickle pulled away from Vykor, who was having problems with the sword sheather at his waist. The weapon kept smacking against his legs and catching up his legs, forcing him to keep a tight grip on his weapon to keep it from swinging about wildly, which slowed him because he could not swing his arms properly.

Disaster struck on the beginning of the second lap.

As he tried to shift his belt a bit and keep the sword out from between his legs, Vykor stumbled slightly as his toe caught on a small tree root. Instinct took over and he released his grip on the leather bound hilt in order to catch his balance. This allowed the sword to swing free and catch between his legs, dropping Vykor like a sack of wet wool. His momentom caused him to slide face first through the dirt of the track. Flailing around slightly, he got himself untangled from his weapon and stood up where he discovered that his misfortune continued.

As soon as he set weight upon his right foot a sharp pain stabbed into his ankle. 'Blood and bloody ashes!' he swore to himself. He had sprained it in the fall, and as he looked down at his hands and body, Vykor could see that he was covered from head to toe in dirt and his hands now bore bloody scrapes that began to throb in time with his injured foot and face, which had also suffered some damage from its contact with the compact earth of the track.

'Burn me!'he thought. 'I cannot quit and walk back and I cannot afford to show weakness now. They might turn me out like you hear the Aes Sedai do to those women who cannot make it. I have nothing else!' The thought of being turned out heated his blood more then the run did and he quickly decided on a course of action. He unbuckled his sword belt and looped it so that the blade now hung from his back, sword hilt jutting out over his left shoulder. This done he sought the Void and when he had the flame centered in his mind, began to run. As soon as he wounded foot hit the ground, a stab of lightning laced pain show out through the Void, lashing at his calm center and threatened to break him. With each footfall, he took that pain and burned it in the flame of his mind.

All thought, emotion, and pain went into that flame; when the cuts in his face and hands began to flare up; when his breathing became labored and a painful stitch formed in his side that threatened to double him over; when the muscles of his legs and arms began to burn.

His focus was complete. His whole being and universe was that flame in his mind's eye and feeding the other things around it into the raging fire.

He was the flame.

And then it was finished. He rounded the final stretch of trail and seen the rest of the Soldiers all in groups, gulping air like a fish; heads hung low and hands on knees as they tried to get their breathing under control.

Coming to a stop, Vykor was blowing hard himself, but wrapped in the Void as he was, the pain and discomfort he felt were echoes that only sounded in the back of his mind. One thing did catch is notice though. The smell of smoke, like something left too close to a fire to dry. Looking down, he could see little spots on his black coat that looked as if someone had burned it with a hot coal. Some of the little burn holes actually had a little bit of heat to them. Quickly he patted those areas out and went to stand off to the side so the smell of his burnt coat would not carry to the other men. As his hands smoothed out his coat and shifted his satchel, Vykor noticed that has coat and undershirt were both bone dry but heavily crusted with salt from his sweat. Unsure of what happened or what he should do, Vykor dusted himself off a bit more and waited, wrapped in the Void.

Added to the pain of his injuries was the fear of what he had done; all of which was fed to the flame in his mind.

Guest Estel

As the boys around him tried to catch their breath, Isha stood, breathing only a little harder than he had before. The burning sensation through his legs and chest refreshed him. There was no bad day spent at physical training.

Then, regaining his cold nature, he wiped the grin from his face and bellowed for the boys to return to their feet.

"Push-ups! One hundred! Now!"

Dropping heavily to his hands, great arms pumped the massive body up and down, up and down, repeating the rhythm. The movement soothed him, crooning him into relaxation, allowing him to forget the harsh future that awaited him- and every other boy here at the Black Tower.

With only a little rest after the run Aldazar and the other Soldiers were ordered to stand up again at which point Asha'man Isha yelled "Push-ups! One hundred! Now!"

Isha suited his own words and got on his hands and began pumping out push-ups, everyone else got down as fast as was possible some actually falling to the ground himself among them but pushing himself he started his hundred.

When it was done he stood on unsteady legs and awaited the next instruction.

ooc: hehe, posty post, post! Wow, Runnings of the Wheel has really made me crazy... (blame Faile for any future crazys from me, as she got me onto Runnings)

IC: Noy wondered what was next, first the laps, now what? From Noy's experiance, it would probibly have to do with the arms, or something. Noy wished that he was more sure about Isha's training tecneques, he probibly knew more than most of the other Soldiers, but he still did not know enough to be comfortable.

Noy grimaced, that would not be easy, but still, he dropped down onto his belly and did all of them. When he had completed the grewling work, his arms were burning, and felt like rocks. They hung, resting, at his sides, and he hoped that they did not have to do anything else with their arms for a little while.

Guest Faile1987

Ged groaned silently. Isha´s bellowing voice seemed to reverberate deeply in his already exhausted muscles screaming as if to snap through right away if he would move them an inch. For a moment Ged even wondered if he should be glad that Isha had now chosen his arms as the subject of hardening their endurance, yet he knew that this was only an illusional thought and as soon as he flung himself on the ground to obey his orders, Ged knew that the fact that now his arm were Isha´s target didn´t mean any relief at all.

Had he really believed to have strong arms once, hardened in years of hard farmwork? Even though he managed the hundred assigned push-ups, Ged´s arms suddenly felt as if there weren´t any bones in them any more, let alone muscles when he was finished. They just hang down at his sides like gloves without a hand in them, limp and unable to be moved, let alone raised.

Ligtht, what will come next?, he wondered, the thought of a week´s hard work on his father´s fields suddenly seeming the epitome of pleasure and relaxation. Yet Ged bit back anything that would remind him of his past, the life he had inevitably lost, the life he had destroyed by his own actions, by his curse. Wrapping himself deeper into the void, sweet oblivion was filling him and for now Ged felt neither pain, nor physical exhaustion. Suddenly he seemed to be at ease with himself, everything was far away and distant from him. Nothing mattered anymore but matters at hand. Oblivion was bliss.

OOC: Yay, all hail to the madness and distraction of runnings, all BTers follow me to the epitome of chaos ;)

Vykor had hoped that the morning training would be done after the run, but once again he was doomed to disappointment.

"Push-ups! One hundred! Now!" Boomed Isha's voice and down Vykor went, hitting ground with the rest of the Soldiers. Then his count began.

"One!" The Void shuttered with his pain; the horrible throbbing in his ankle was eating at the Flame, and no matter how he fought to banish it and move past the pain, it was always there.

"Thirty!" The cuts in his hands throbbed in time with his pounding heart and though the Void sheltered him from the greatest part of his hurt, he could feel the small stones and dirt grind into his lacerated flesh.

"Fifty!" His face was bleeding again and had started to run down it face again. The force of his exertions ripping open the crusted over cuts and forcing blood to trickel down his face. Vykor could see a small pool of his blood begin to form as he pressed his body up and down.

"Eighty!" The Void was in a constant state of flux now, throbbing in time with his racing pulse. Only his constant practice at night and sword practice had allowed him to make it this far, and he was afraid that soon even that would not be enough. In his mind the Void began to contract, blackening at the edges and closing in on the Flame like the coming night.

"One hundred." he gasp and the Void burst like a bubble and Vykor fell flat on his face for the second time that day. Only this time, he felt no pain and did not stir from the dirt in which he lay.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Estel

Though the boys had long since collapsed and were gulping back the waterskins he had given them, Isha's breathing was slowly returning to normal as he worked at tieing ten-pound sand bags to both ends of a bunch of staves. As if the running and push-ups had not effected him, corded muscles rippled as he lifted the combined wieght of all five staves and sandbags: over one hundred pounds.

"Up on your feet!" he bellowed, his voice barely carried a hint of strain that one hundred pounds should have given him. Handing out the staves, a few of the boys almost collapsing back onto their knees, he again set out around the Koras-track. "Three more laps boys!"

He heard audible groaning and curses. He had given them a five minute break, what more did they want?

ooc: well... we want money and women and other luxuries such as 10 minutes of break time!!!

IC: When Noy heard that he had to run another three laps, and with the sandbags, he cursed audiably. But, because he was not so stupid as to ignore the command, and Isha's cold face, he picked up the stave.

Noy groaned, as he suspected, the bags were not light, weighing around twenty pounds. To his immidiate displeasure, Noy began to run.

With the bags weighing him down, Noy could barely shuffle his feet. After Noy shuffled his way down the path, his toe colided with a rock.

Uttering a particularly foul curse, Noy continued on, his toe throbbing. To his dismay, Noy found that it was very easy to hit your toe when one shuffled their feet.

After putting his feet through tourture everytime he moved foward, Noy finally completed his first lap. Now there were only two more to go.

Noy was reduced to wrapping himself deeply within the Void to keep from colapsing. Noy staggered through his second lap and continued on to his third and final lap.

He was almost there, almost complete. Then, in one horifing moment, he stumbled. His foot stayed where it was, but the rest of him moved foward, and Noy heard a sickening snapping sound.

He broke into an awkward run, and even in the Void, Noy could feel a sharp jolt of pain with every step. Falling to a hault, Noy dropped the extra weight, his ankle still giving him pain.

Noy was not looking foward to what they were going to do next, and every time he took a step, Noy was reminded exactly why he was not looking foward to it.

Jolted back to consciousness, Vykor jerked straight up as the weaves of Healing shocked him awake like a bucket of cold mountain water.

All he seen of his benefactor was the man’s black coated back as he ran off with the others, following Isha back onto the running course.

With nothing else to do but follow, Vykor heaved himself up and started after them. He felt very weak, weaker as though he was slightly used up inside, but his ankle no longer felt like it was grinding its way out of his foot, and the cuts on his hands and face were totally gone as far as he could tell.

Aside from the strange weakening he felt, he was in prefect health, and while far from rested, the soreness and fatigue had also left his body as well. He had no idea who had Healed him, but it had not been Isha, his mentor and so he had thought friend, who had just apparently left him laying there in the dirt without a care.

The three laps were not easy, but not as hard as the first five had been when he had been running wounded as he had been. When they finally stopped, Vykor tried to determine which of the men here had Healed him, but he did not know, nor had he gotten a good enough look at the man to pick him out.

Guest Faile1987

"Up on your feet! Three more laps boys!", Isha bellowed and threw sandbags at each of them.

Joing in his other fellow trainees in their groans, Ged staggered and nearly fell down to the ground again as the weight of the sandbacks thrown at him seemed to send him back to the ground automatically as his knees were still shaky and about to buckle.

Drawing on the void, though, Ged pulled himself back to awareness and clenching his teeth, he tightened his grip on his sandbag which seemed to weigh twenty pounds at least. Screaming at his own body that he wouldn´t give in now, having done all that was expected of him - as if screaming at himself would help him with anything Isha had still in stre for them - Ged straightened himself up and trying not to crouch his back too much under the weight of the sandbag he made off,rather stumbling than acutally running, but he was moving after all.

Everything seemed to get on surprisingly well at first and tugging on the void, Ged simply ignored the pain spreading in his arms, legs and in his back. He gritted his teeth and sweat running freely down his face, long blond hair clinging to his sweat-soaked skin in wet streaks, Ged just kept on moving ignoring anything around him.

But that the mind ignored what the body was feeling didn´t mean that the body would work as well, Ged had to realize as his arms simply refused to hold up the bundle of sandbags he had been given right in the middle of his second lap. His arms just gave way to the balast loaded on them and since Ged didn´t even realize what had happened at first, he even stumbled over a fallen sandbag and toppling to the ground tried to cushion his fall, attempting to catch himself with his outstretched right arm. But somehow he slipped and twisted his arm, hearing a sharp snap as his right wrist broke, twisted under the weight of his body.

Crying out in agony, blinding pain shooting through his arm, Ged´s mind still circled round the one thing he had to do: He just had to go on, no matter what. Not knowing how he was supposed to scoop up the sandbags again with his right wrist broken, white bone actually sticking through broken bloody skin, Ged pulled even more on the void, ignoring both pain and the feeling of nausea on seeing the white end of his bone showing through damaged flesh. Somehow he managed to ignore the pain long enough to not only take hold on the sandbags however, but even finish the laps left ahead of him, tears of pain streaking down his face as he dropped the sandbags next to the others and sank to his knees with a wince barely restraining himself from fainting.

00C: I just wan to mention that this is my first RPG post so please tell me any mistakes with it. Please check my bio for background.

My character is overwhelmed mainly due to the fact that he is 14 and everyone is older

IC: Midar thought about his home in Caymel. He didn’t have any regrets about leaving other than one. His father still didn’t think Midar could do anything. One day, thought Midar, I will go back home, as an asha’man and then my father will see that I am more powerful than he is. Midar walked through the soldiers sector till he came to the training grounds. The lesson was in full swing. He saw the soldiers running around the training area with bags. One soldier had the skin on his arm ripped open and a bone was sticking out of it. Horrid. He couldn’t look anymore. Midar started walk away when one of the men looked his way.

Guest Estel

Isha sighed as Ged stumbled in, his arm obviously broken and he in an obvious amount of pain. How was it that every class he taught he always ended up having to carry one of the boys to Dalinar. Sighing in resignation, Isha picked Ged up and slung him over his shoulder.

"The rest of you will do thirty pull-ups each." Isha yelled, using his head to motion to the bar set up for the task. "And should any of you skip even one, you will be training with me for a week. And I don't think any of you would enjoy that."

Trotting off towards Dalinar, the body across his back, he left the exhausted Soldiers to continue.

ooc: this is you last post, and Ged will have to do thirty pull-ups alone with Isha after he's Healed

IC: Noy got to his pull-ups, his body protesting with every movement. Once he had finished, Noy dropped to the ground on his backside. He had never done more than ten pullups and had never wantedto do more. Noy sat, gaping for breath, and crashed the rest of his body on the ground, glad that Isha was not there to see him resting.

All he wanted was a few minutes rest, but he stayed on the ground, glad that he could rest... even for just a little bit.

ooc: short...

Vykor was next on the bar.

Isha had said that they needed to do thirty pull-ups, but not how they had to do it. So, with muscles protesting with the effort, Vykor jumped up to grab the bar and proceeded to pull his chin up to the bar. He kept his grip wide and when his chin reached the bar, he let his body fall, only to reach the end with arms fully extended above him. Then, using his momentum, he kicked with both of his feet slightly in the air, causing his momentum to give his body a boost and easing the strain of all his weight hanging from his arms.

Vykor's father had shown him how to do this, which he had said he had learned from his own father. It was a trick that they would use when climbing trees to get at a honey bee's hive or, in one instance, his father had used it to swiftly get himself into a tree when he had been attacked by startled boar while hunting. It was a difficult technique to master because your timing had to be right and breathing controlled, but once known it made tasks like this a breeze.

In no time at all, Vykor was finished and he dropped off the bar, arms only slightly feeling the strain of the last exercise and breathing evenly. He gave the rest of the Soldiers a quick grin and a wink as he move away from the bar and settled in to watch the rest of the men finish the mornings work out.

As he leaned against a tree, Vykor ran his thumbs under the twin straps crossing his chest and decided that this was an excellent was to carry these items and would do so for now on. Patting his leather satchel, he watched the others, but slowly the grin and mirth disappeared from his face as he ran his hand over the faded leather.

Guest Faile1987

Ged wavered and swayed so badly that at first he didn´t even realize that he lost the ground beneath his feet indeed. He only felt the world spin suddenly and then was lying on ...something, something that rocked and moved forward but it took him another moment to recognize that it was Isha who had picked him up and slung him over his shoulder like a sack of grain. He couldn´t even manage to protest, too muzzy and exhausted he was, his body desperately longing for some rest and the pain in his right wrist making him grit his teeth and simply hold on until it was over.

He didn´t even hear what Isha said to the others as he carried him off, but suddenly Ged was let down and his unfocused eyes were resting on the M´Hael. He hurriedly attempted a salute, but regretted the motion immediately since a blinding pain shot through his right arm as he moved it.

Dalinar took his arm in his hands and Ged could feel him holding Saidin, yet nothing happened yet and all the M´Hael did was muttering "Why does every class you teach always end up in you carrying some of your boys to me to be Healed?" Noticing the frown in both men´s faces and the shrug that was the only sign of Isha´s reply, Ged suddenly felt the weave of Healing touching him, feeling coldder than ever before, his body convulsing several times before the feeling suddenly receeded and his wrist was as it had been before, not in an awkward ankle.Everything was all right again, but Light, Ged was ravenous and his stomach growled loudly making him blush.

Thanking the M´Hael he turned to go to leave him and Isha in a private conversation about Isha´s training methods, but Isha stopped him "You are not ready, remember?", he said and pointed to a nearby bar supporting the ceiling of the room.

Thirty pull-ups, yes..., Ged thought resigned as he recalled Isha ordering his fellow trainees around, and supressing a small sigh he went to the bar pulling himself up, on the one hand glad that he was able to use his arms as he wanted now agian, on the other had it only needed ten of the thrity pull-ups to make him feel like letting go and falling down. But Ged gritted his teeth and finished his work, shrouded in the void and telling himself that he would be able to rest later.

Having accomplished his task, Ged saluted to the M´Hael and Isha once more and turned around to find some food and his other fellow trainees, who were most likely as exhausted and glad that this lesson by Isha was finished as he was.