DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Healing Stilling/Gentling

Word

Lanfear considered her self the most beautiful and power full women of her age. What greater price could the finn's impose on her then the lessening of both

It's not a loss of beauty; it's a different body...you're asking me to consider your option because it's the "simplest", but it's contrived, and it goes against precedent.

J

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Precedent tell's us that for every other transmigrated soul' date=' we were given knowledge to support that directly. Why not now? Could it be to keep the truth about Moiraine's whereabouts secret?[/quote']

Maybe he thinks we don't need it spelled out. I thought it was pretty explicit..

J

All info leading to the belief of her death comes from 3rd party perspective. the only one's who could know better would be cyndane, moiraine and the finn's. we thought for sure that they both were dead when they fell through the twisted door together. then were reminded by min and her past viewing. moiraine will return. I just can't see it as proof possitive of lanfear's demise and rebirth. I concede that it may have been that she died, but you must admit that the only 1st hand account only points to her being held. I see it more likely that she was rescued as moghedion was by halima.

Perhaps the finn's knew that if they killed her that it would free her soul for the DO to reincarnate, so placed the loss of power as the price of killing?? that would then cover both my and your theories.

All info leading to the belief of her death comes from 3rd party perspective. the only one's who could know better would be cyndane' date=' moiraine and the finn's. we thought for sure that they both were dead when they fell through the twisted door together. then were reminded by min and her past viewing. moiraine will return. I just can't see it as proof possitive of lanfear's demise and rebirth. I concede that it may have been that she died, but you must admit that the only 1st hand account only points to her being held. I see it more likely that she was rescued as moghedion was by halima.

Perhaps the finn's knew that if they killed her that it would free her soul for the DO to reincarnate, so placed the loss of power as the price of killing?? that would then cover both my and your theories.[/quote']

I never thought Moiraine was dead, and I thought Lanfear lived as well, until RJ came out and basically said she was dead by showing us Cyndane...

And what first hand account tells us that Moridin is Ishy? Is that spelled out to your satisfaction? That's like saying, it's never been spelled out that Rand had a mom, so I think a mountain goat gave birth to him on dragonmount. Yes, I'm sure of it now. A goat is the only logical explanation for Rand's stubborness.

J

But we did actually see ishy die. there can be no denying that. there was nothing like that for lanfear. she fell thru the door' date=' then several books later, she reappears as cyndane, and all she has to say about it is that she was held.[/quote']

I was just saying it wasn't confirmed for a very long time that he was actually Ishy, but we all were able to figure it out without RJ tapping us on the shoulder and saying "Hey Guys, Moridin is Ishy reincarnated", much like he doesn't need to tap us on the shoulder and say "Hey Lanfear died and came back, just like all the others have done"

J

I will admit that from all previous examples that it does seem that she did infact die' date=' but there is enough doubt thrown in to put it in question. what do you think about starting a poll to see what others think?[/quote']

I already have. Let's move this discussion to that thread, since it's specific to this topic.

J

Archived