DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Final Peace

Ignis

I think its wrong to say the 'High Seat of Tamyrlin', or to call the 'First Among Servents' the 'Tamyrlin'. RJ has never anywhere inidicated that the position in the Age of Legends was called the Tamyrlin, just that the High Seat wore a ring called the ring of Tamyrlin... After all, the Amyrlins stole is a symbol of her office, but they don't call her 'the Stole' or say the 'Amyrlin Seat of the Stole'.

Yes I believe the prison will have to be completely fixed up for the next turning of the Wheel.

"Him walking toward a burning mountain' date=' something crunching beneath his boots. She stirred and whimpered; the crunching things were the seals on the Dark One's prison, shattering with his every step. She knew it. She did not need to see them to know."

Could this mean that Rand breaks the seals as he walks toward Shayol Ghul?[/quote']

No, I believe that Egwene said that was one of her normal nightmareish dreams, not a dreamer event.

Guest Majsju
Yes I believe the prison will have to be completely fixed up for the next turning of the Wheel.

"Him walking toward a burning mountain' date=' something crunching beneath his boots. She stirred and whimpered; the crunching things were the seals on the Dark One's prison, shattering with his every step. She knew it. She did not need to see them to know."

Could this mean that Rand breaks the seals as he walks toward Shayol Ghul?[/quote']

No, I believe that Egwene said that was one of her normal nightmareish dreams, not a dreamer event.

Nope, she lists it as one of her true Dreams. It's mentioned together with her Dream about Min, Avi and Elayne bonding Rand, which we know came true.

Maybe the destruction of the seals will play some part in defeating the dark one specifically... like, i wonder if they could be used to hurt him, after all if they can assert a force to contain him, it means they can touch him... hmm...

I always had the feeling that the DO doesn't want the seals broken completely, at least not yet. It appears the longer they remain unbroken the stronger he is getting before the last battle. It has seemed to me the DO has been trying to spread chaos everywhere to increase his strength and ability to manipulate the world without being released completely. At least he has been growing stronger even though no more seals have been broken. To me it almost seems a race between how fast Rand can get everything ready so he can break the seals and start the last battle before the DO becomes too strong. If you remember one of the questions Rand asked the philosopher to look into was whether there was any reason for him to break the seals. LTT mad ranting about breaking the seal might have had a reason after all.

• 1 year later...

I was reading through some of these older threads and on this post the Nine Rods of Dominion part stuck out and I wanted to make a statement...it says they were the badges of office but do you think back in the AoL that the Oath Rod was one of those badges and the one the Black Ajah took was another one and maybe the fluted one that made balefire was a third one (that leaves six more)...they may have been kind of a checks and balances over different areas of dominion over humanity (one to make oaths binding and another one to remove oaths, maybe one to balefire and one to heal although that doesn't really undo balefire, etc.) only maybe there are an odd amount because there's no way to have a true check on balefire so I wonder maybe who held that one...

...although the Nine Rods of Dominion is kinda reminiscent of Tolkien LOTR so I wonder if there is one Rod to rule them all that will come up in TG (LOL)...just kidding...but anyway I just wanted to throw this theory out and see where the discussion goes with it.

I(one to make oaths binding and another one to remove oaths' date=' maybe one to balefire and one to heal although that doesn't really undo balefire, etc.).[/quote']

It's a neat idea, but we know that the oath rods were called binders in the AOL and that both of them can not only bind, but release. So that leaves the oath rods out of contention for the Nine Rods of Dominion, as they had a different name then.

Archived