DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Gwampy Thread

loki redfern

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just found a printout from 2011 when I was spamming the rich man poor man thread in Rev 1. It was only 14 pages but it made me want to come here to read the rest so I thought I might as well say hi as long as I'm in the neighborhood. Hi.

I've got some time off from work for health reasons that should be OK by the end of September so I might be able to finish my novel. So far I have heard that I can get it put into printable shape on amazon create space then they will make it available as a Kindle download. If all of that happens I'll let you know. I'm about half way done with chapter 18 out of 20 total. I might add a post script...you know me.

Anyway, I'm still breathing so far.

Love,

Gramps

Edited by GrandpaG

• 1 month later...

I'm not totally computer illiterate (depending upon who you ask) but I don't know how to do such things...thanks for the input.

I doubt there are very many GrandpaG fans remaining but I wanted to at least give them a chance at learning about my one and only ever lifetime accomplishment.

Some of my wife's observations as she is reading through the proof copy that I bought:  NO PAGE NUMBERS, NOT ENOUGH COMMAS, SOME TYPOS, but overall she likes it.  She is usually my biggest critic so I must have done OK.

Gotta git back to fighting the Kindle beast.

Love,

Gramps

It's my fantasy alter ego that I just can't seem to get out of my head!!!

They have my "real world" ID for tax purposes...I make $2 per book or $1.50 per Kindle.

That reminds me...I'd better check to see if that's working or not.

My granddaughter showed me how the readers can modify my book however they want it in Kindle so life is good again! I'm glad that I didn't waste a ton of time making it look perfect...I mean MY perfect...not YOUR perfect...you get my drift.

Anyway, she showed me that the Father's Day tablet came with a Kindle program in some store thingy and she helped me spend $4.44 for my very first ebook which took like less than a second for delivery...the five paperbacks that cost me almost $75 won't be here until next Thursday!

I still have some time to recover from the prostate cancer surgery before I have to go back to work so I'm reading my ebook just because I can.

Love,

Gramps

P.S.

One of my other granddaughters thought that it was neat that I put "Love, Gramps" in my book so I had to try to explain my fantasy world to her. She has an OK imagination but I don't think she really understands why I didn't use my "real world" name for the author name.

• 4 weeks later...

Going back to work today...kind of scary after being off for so long...but I don't have enough cash buried in the back yard to retire yet...and I've only sold 41 books and three kindle so that won't support my coffee habit let alone my need to eat food...or to buy soap. Hi. Bye.

Love,

Gramps