DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Gwampy Thread

loki redfern

Yeah.  And as long as the shows are just as well done, I think it'll be fine.  Each new medium brings its own strengths and drawbacks, of course.

Someone was telling me a ivy league school had found out they actually had a book bound in human skin.  That's surely an odd medium to work with. 

• 3 weeks later...

Better that goth than the variant consisting of overprivileged white kids complaining about how terrible their lives are. I think they've moved on to calling that emo now, though. Of course, some people call emo on anything where someone is unhappy, so I guess there's no winning and everyone should be eaten by giant squid.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

* considers a quick performance *

* checks the crowd *

* decides (wisely) against performing *

Hello.

Just online playing "who can withstand punishment the longest" with the unemployment office because I was naughty and got laid off for a week.  I fooled them and used wifey's phone and laptop with the faster speed than this dial-up dinosaur when I opened the new file.  This old girl worked just fine for claiming my week off in the middle of summer with a little less than normal take home pay.

* shrugs *

You get what you pay for.

* shrugs *

The other day I stumbled onto a printout of some of the stuff that I used to write on a daily basis as "GrandpaG" over in the RP area.  It touched me somehow.  For a while I missed those days.  But, then was then and now is now.  I don't use my brain for anything unusual these days.  Work.  Sleep.  Eat.  Work.  Sleep.  Eat.  Go to the doctor.  Work.  Eat.  Sleep.  If I ever retire it will mess everything up.  Sleep.  Eat.  Go to the doctor.  Sleep.  Eat.  Go to the doctor.

* sees a pattern forming *

Maybe if I didn't eat or sleep I wouldn't have to go to the doctor!!!

* ponders *

That might not last too long.

* shakes his head "NO" *

I have a several hundred page novel in my brain that people tell me could make me very wealthy.  For some reason, I have no desire to write it and get rich.  What's wrong with THAT picture!!!  I used to LOVE writing here at DM but the thought of doing it for money just sours my mood.  I guess I never claimed to be normal.  It really is a good story.  I should write it.  Eat.  Sleep.  Work.  Write.  Eat.  Sleep.  Work.  Write.  NNnnaaahhhh.  Maybe after I retire in a few years I'll eat, sleep and write.  And maybe play guitar now and then.  I might even sing.  Wanna hear it?  No?  I'm not surprised.

Better go stir the chili and get ready for work.

Love,

Gramps

• 2 weeks later...

Only for 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 or so more years depending upon what the government does with Social Security and Medicare.

I'm a factory rat so I don't have a planned retirement portfolio like all of you professional types have.

I'll save what cash I can so the government and the old folk's home won't know how much I have.

Some retirement from the government (my former employer stole the rest of what used to be our retirement money).

Some income from my Naval Reserve retirement.

Social Security.

Whatever wifey brings in (which is not much when you spend 20+ years as a lunch lady).

Then I can sit back, eat, sleep, go to the doctor, write, play guitar, play Age of Empires III, and wait for my turn to die.

I'm sure wifey will try to find some sort of project to pry me out of my recliner that just has to be done right this minute but we'll see who has the stronger will when it comes to that..."LEAVE ME ALONE!!!  I'M BUSY TAKING A NAP!!!"  Oh, well.  It might work and it might not.

If I'd just write the stupid novel and trade it for money I could get to that nap a little sooner.  But, then there's the sequel.

* ponders *

NNAAAaahhhh.

I'll just stay a meat robot for now.

Love,

Gramps

• 3 weeks later...