DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Gwampy Thread

loki redfern

That's the beauty of Fiddlesticks, my dear... it's not real !!!

:cool:

* watches reyler as the revelation sinks in *

* her face turns red then green *

* she starts to weave as if she'll fall over *

* her lips move as she whispers "it's not real" to herself *

* her eyes close and she slumps into a heap on the floor *

* she's out colder than a mackerel *

Speaking of mackerel, where the heck has the Bar Mackerel gone?

As per usual, your analysis of other people is horribly off-base. Not only am I acutely aware of the unreality of the Fiddlesverse, I have been adamant in my refusal to believe in the reality of the other participants thereof.

tl;dr version, you're no more real than Aslan.

I didn't mean to ruffle your imaginary feathers... I was only playing.

As usual, my intent was misread... happens to me all the time in that other world... nobody but me knows how nice of a guy I really am... I think I come across to them as being serious when I usually am not.

* gives reyler a friendly decapitation as an apology *

* stab *

* gets ejected from the duck's innards encased in a cozy layer of fertilizer *

* nestles into some warm, moist nutritious soil *

* is dissolved slowly by earth worms *

* grows into a mighty oak tree *

* casts shade on all who pass beneath his branches *

*stuffs Gwampy into his own locker and tips it over onto the door*

OOC:  sorry...this was the only way I could get the reply to work...then I hit the "TAB" button and lost what I had entered...I'll try once more (persistent old fart, eh?).

IC:  * pretends that he is in a barrel going over Niagara Falls *

* gets locker rolling *

* door flies open *

* bails out *

* jumps up and brushes himself off *

Humpf !!!

That was almost TOO easy !!!

:laugh:

* relaxes and floats to the surface of the tar *

* breaks into a slow, easy back stroke *

* reaches shore *

* heads off to find a bottle of Dawn *

edit:

* mutters and sputters *

* shakes his hands to get some of the goo off *

* accidentally splashes tar in reyler's eye *

* looks for a rock to hide under *

Edited by GrandpaG

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to use an old bookmark for my evil smiley and lost the entire post so I have to start over from scratch... that will teach me !!!

I'm off work until 1-2-13...not all paid, but off work is off work !!!

* celebrates being off work by splashing purple grape juice on reyler's pretty red Christmas dress *

(insert evil smiley)

Happy Holidays to all !!!

Love,

Gramps

You don't strike me as the kind to get all gussied up for Christmas.

* "accidentally" spills a New Year's toast on reyler's black leather garb *

OOOOPPPPSSSssss.

(imagine the cute little evil smiley guy)

>:)

Happy New Year to all and to all a safe night !!!

Love,

Gramps

• 1 month later...

I thought I already responded to this last year but it must not have taken... something naughty, as I remember... maybe it was an omen that I should not submit naughty replies!

Well, I finished AMoL.  I know.  Nobody really cares what my opinion of it was any more than I really care what anybody else thought about it.  But, this is Gwampy we're dealing with.

In all fairness to Brandon Sanderson, the book was not what RJ would have given us.  As should be expected.  I can't imagine trying to write a book based on the notes of a man who is dead.  "Uhm... what did you mean here?".  Silence.  Brandon's style is different from what we got used to before RJ died.  The book was OK but not as good as I would have expected from RJ.  I think I completely beat THAT horse to death, didn't I?

I liked the story for the most part.  It wasn't hard to follow and I don't feel that I need to reread it for clarification.  The Last Battle was long... as it should be.  I didn't feel the loss of the main characters who were killed off... they were there one moment and gone the next.  I almost put some spoilers in just now... thank god for the backspace key.  I almost felt how sickening it must have been to be involved in all that carnage.  Almost.

I could have used a little more RJ fluff at the end.  It left me feeling... incomplete.  "Here.  Read all of these books.  The end.".  I don't know WHAT i was expecting but I didn't get it.  I probably shouldn't be poisoning anyone's point of view who might not have read the book yet.  Sorry if I did.  You very well might disagree with my viewpoint so there would be no harm done.

They left out the part where the Tinkers and Aiel get together in the glass columns and become Jenn Aiel.  Maybe that will be in the books that follow AMoL that they haven't announced yet (encore after the final curtain).

I came to DM several years ago when I first got started with the series.  It has been a long enjoyable ride.  It's time to move on.  Just like many of the other chapters in my life that have come to a close, it's time for me to say goodbye to DM.  I appreciate the friendship that many of you have shown to me over the years.  Since I don't participate in any other social activity this has been a good escape for me.  I sometimes miss the daily RP entries in the Tinker thread.  I've enjoyed putting on performances in the First Fool thread.  When I first joined DM I enjoyed the General Discussion forum.  All good things must pass.  I will probably pop in now and again but I don't plan to spam regularly.

Thank you all.

Love,

Gramps