DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Arie

While I'm not super big or committed to it (yet), I'm curious to see what creatives are out there planning to participate this year! I usually lean towards Stephanie Law's little list, but there are a few witchy ones that I tend to like to mix in.

image.jpeg.b1178f223553ce70ad42dd79a3da781b.jpeg

• RP - PLAYER

Wow, I have never heard of Inktober, thank you for the education. 

I am tempted, though I cannot draw, much less use ink. But I have been trying to get my creative juices flowing, this does sound like a good motivation. Though those prompts. How is dream a prompt for a drawing? The sadists.

• RP - PLAYER

I saw something similar on Twitter (Light I feel unclean, all these years I have stayed away from Twitter; only to start looking at it for WoT) and made an attempt. I call it "The hawk that would not stay on the page no matter how often I started again, moved it to the middle or made it smaller." Catchy, huh? Even for me this is a degree further of unfinished than usual, but I found I was getting upset at how the fur on its legs was not looking right. So bedtime I think. I had also planned to make it WoT themed somehow more concretely, but it would appear I just need to put this down to a learning effort.

WoTtober.jpeg

WIN_20231001_22_15_43_Pro.jpg

Edited by HeavyHalfMoonBlade

Not only is that amazing, thank you for sharing that list!! 

I'm waiting for my test ink and such dry a little better.. see what i do next. it's a stressful week and my creativity feels strained. XD 

• RP - PLAYER

And today's prompt is "Hunt". I thought about the Horn (dull), wolves hunting (ambitious), hunting in the Waterwood (I'm just having a laugh now), so decided to go for our very own Hunter for the Horn, Faile. Which was a disaster. After looking far too long at photos of attractive Iranians, Japanese and Chinese women, reading about the epicanthic fold, reading about media storms about Chinese models and squirrels, I decided not to use a base model but just wing it. Which obviously is always the best way to go. 

I have no idea what I managed to do to her nose, the perspective is completely wrong relative to her face, but overall I'm pretty pleased. In the past any time I tried to draw an attractive women they tended to look like a desiccated ninety-year-old man with implants. So this is a step in the right direction, however small. 

WIN_20231002_22_25_19_Pro.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • RP - PLAYER

Have failed miserably to keep this up. It is a shame, I was looking forward to torturing you all for the whole month. 

But the 5th prompt was Maiden and my attempt was so awful, there was no way that I was going to post it. Then I injured my thumb, and it became most unpleasantly infected. 

Did not think I would get around to trying again but happened to see that today's was Fade, and I had always wanted to try because I always had a hard time picturing what a Myrddral would actually look like. But it was a not a success. Not only did I have major problems with the nose again, but it just looks like I drew a person and then erased their eyes. Very unsatisfying, and it is now past my bedtime again. 

Oh well, as usual, must try harder.

WIN_20231019_22_41_05_Pro.jpg

I really Really like these!! Thank so you for sharing them, Heavy!!! (Do you have a nickname you prefer?) If we did points I’d give them all to you!

I feel so guilty. XD I meant to do some things, i even got a ink toner box with a bunch of stuff… and yet.. i didn’t do one!! *ahhh!!!*

I think I just found myself super SUPER disappointed in the paper they sent. It was a simple pad with some art print on it, instead of a nice journal-style book. *sighs*

Maybe I’ll doodle some pumpkins and pull all the stops on my pumpkin on Saturday instead.

• RP - PLAYER

Thank you for your kind words, Arie, you lie well with a straight face 😛

It was nice to have the motivation to do them, a shame I did not have the time to make them a little more polished, and emotional trauma to post them publicly. But hopefully by setting the bar so low it might encourage others to share their work 😁

I'm guessing you meant Inkytober box? You did not order a box of toner for a photocopier and then get annoyed at the paper that came with it... Seems unlikely to me 😊 But yes, that would be pretty awful to support such an event and get disappointing things.

Looking forward to seeing your creations when they arrive.

Edit; Heavy is fine, I made this bed so I'll just have to lie in it 🙂 

Edited by HeavyHalfMoonBlade