DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wanna Bet?

cloglord

Only when Rand's and the DO's wands connect. :wink:

The fact that I laughed at this is further proof that I need to stay away from my son's bookshelf.

Wild Theory:

The Dark One's prison is not some sort of metaphysical chamber floating in the void outside the Pattern' date=' but is a "thickness" of the Pattern itself (sort of like a shield around the pattern) that prevents the Dark One from touching the world at all.

The fact that the DO can best be felt at the thinnest part of the Pattern, and that all the strange things happening (the dead rising, etc.) are atributed to the Pattern thinning are evidence of this.

Further, the stedding are actually vestiges left from the last time the prison was resealed, or rather, as I believe, rebuilt.

Stedding, in my theory, are actually "thick" parts of the Pattern, parts where it hasn't worn thin, blocking influences from outside the Pattern. That's why no one can channel there, or even sense the Source, and why shadowspawn and shadoweyes won't enter them, nor can they be entered in TAR.

I think, as time goes on, the Pattern wears thin from the pressures of the Dark One on one side and the One Power on the other. The "prison", when it's complete and whole, creates what amounts to a Pattern-wide stedding. The current stedding are the result of that older, worldwide one, receding.

In other words, after the prison is resealed, it will lead to an end to channeling, until the Wheel turns enough to thin the pattern again (at the start of the next AoL). This explains why there are Ages where no one channels, despite the fact that the One Source doesn't go away, and channeling souls are constantly being reborn. It also explains why nobody tries to re-bore the prison soon after it's closing.

I think the reference to "clearing the rubble" by Fel concerns the Seals, and the fact that the Seals aren't a true thickening, but a stop-gap. Plaster over a hole in a wall that's about to collapse. The entire wall needs to be torn down and rebuilt.

[Furthermore, I question whether the Creator made the prison in the first place. First, the only proof we have he did is a catechism we know to be 3/4 false. Also, the fact that it could be penetrated by Aes Sedai (if the stories are correct, it only took two) using the One Power, despite the fact that even Aes Sedai can make material that can withstand the One Power. Granted, heartstone is physical, and the prison is metaphysical, but I think that, if anything, that strengthens my point.

The big arguement against that is: What about the first time? The answer to that is: read any one of the books. Each opens up with an answer to that question - there is no beginning, there is no first time. Paradoxical as it may seem, that's the way the Wheel and Pattern work.']

Tuon will return to Seanchan at some point in the 1st half of AMoL and will not return until after TG if at all.

Berlain will be granted some large measure of control over the Seanchan held lands East of the Aryth Ocean.

• 1 month later...

As promised from the "Egwene's Seanchan Dream" thread, Seanchan will attack the white tower.

Though this isn't a suggestion, i would really like to see Mesaana leashed. There's just something... nice... about the idea of one of the Forsaken falling not because she is evil, or has been intentionally creating chaos, or any of a half a hundred other reasons relating to the war with the shadow, but just because she is a woman who can channel in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Lucker's, I'd rather see her bound by the oath rod, it would serve the same purpose, but tie in with her past.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived