DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wanna Bet?

cloglord

I first had the thought for this thread while reading the "The Shadow Comes to Tar Valon," thread, and thought that it would be fun to post our favorite pet theories sans argument. For those threads that just can't be agreed upon, I think that we should just post our predictions, no argument, and wait for RJ to prove or disprove them. I'll go out on a limb for my favorite goofy theories, how about you?

We can all meet back here after aMoL for a big "I told you so," session.

My predictions for KoD's

1. Mattin Stephaneos will return the Horn of Valere to Illian, and gather the horn hunters together for TG.

2. The seanchan attack on the WT will be a lightning raid, not a prolonged action.

3. Trollocs will attack out of the blight into Saldea and Shienar. They will also attack from the unguarded waygates in the shadow coast. Most astonishingly, they will have marched through the waste and will attack Camelyn.

4. Egwene will teach the seanchan the weave for traveling.

5. Rand will use the song to sing shut the bore.

6. Slayer is a darkhoundbrother.

7. Berlain will become the seanchan empress on the west side of the Aryth.

Now to sit back and wait for total vindication from RJ. :lol:

Guest Anonymous!

Nice one Cloglord, very well, here are my hopes for AMoL:

1 - Tam will "teach" Rand tears, and Moiraine will "teach" laughter.

2 - Gawyn will save Egwene from Elaida's wrath/punishment.

3 - Egwene will end up outside the Tar Valon after being a serving girl to Elaida, but before the Seanchan show up.

4 - The primary assault against Tar Valon by the Seanchan will be a ground assault during the day.

5 - Rand, Mat, Perrin, Moiraine and crew will be waiting for Lan in Fal Dara.

6 - Demandred will show up with a massive army from Shara.

7 - Rand will die ... as in dead ... as in he won't be re-born until the end of the fourth age.

Addition:

8 - Elder Haman will die closing the last of the Waygates while Loial is at the great stump.

9 - The plague mentioned in the Dark Prophecy will begin in Arad Doman as a result of the famine/mass death which resulted from Rand's poor decision to send food to starving people by ship instead of immediately by gateway. The plague will wipe out the Aiel Host, leaving the Forces of Light in an even worse state.

Egwene will teach her new weaves to her newfound novice admirers and will lead them to turn the tide in the battle as the AS seemingly face certain defeat at the hands of the Seanchan. This victory will ultimatly cause the tower to reunite under Egwene. However, some AS in typical AS fashion will begin discussing what kind of penance these novices should be given because despite their herioic actions they still used weaves that are improper for a novice. This will prompt Egwene to finally tell them all to cut the crap and that there are going to be some changes in the way things are done in the Tower.

Rand litterally will die and live again. However, the world will continue to believe that Rand is dead and Logain will be given the credit for defeating the DO, become the new M'hael and in the eyes of the people will be considered the true Dragon Reborn (hence Logain's glory). Rand having had is fill of the limelight will be perfectly happy with this arangement. He will allow Logain to have the glory and will let the world go on believing that he is dead and will retire into the quiet and humble life of a begger (hence Min's veiwing of a begger's staff in Rands' aura). RJ has said that before he even started the series he has known the final scene and that Nyneave is in it. Therefore, I think that in the final scene Nyneave, who has previously been rather tight with her purse, will notice a begger and take pity on him by giving him a rather generous donation. The begger's head and face will be covered except for his eyes. As Nyneave walks away she will beging musing to herself about how there was something very familiar about the begger's blue/grey eyes. The reader will be left with the impression that Nyn is begining to figure out that the begger is Rand alive and well, however, we will be left to specualate as to whether or not she decides to out him.

Narishma will be the only Asha'man to accompany Rand too Shayol Gul. This is why he is "he would will follow after."

Guest Barmacral

My Predictions for KoD:

Tuon will marry Mat, the contents of Thom's letter will be revealed, Perrin will rescue Faile, Rand will lose a hand and Semirhage will be captured.

Oh wait! You meant aMoL, sorry, I have no predictions for that, I just like reading all of your theories.

The aMoL plot thread stands testement to my beliefs. Feel free to include it in the rounds of i told you so's. I imagine there will be alot against me. :)

I will state that i no longer believe that Lan will reach Tar Valon ahead of the Trolloc horde, though.

I hope these "theories" aren't too goofy for this thread:

Shaidar Haran will rescue Semirhage (and maybe elope with her :twisted: )

Min, Tuon, Aviendha, Nynaeve, Faile, Moghedien, Erith, Morgase, Cadsuane or some combination of the above will get pregnant.

Masuri will become a Darkhoundsister

Narg will be reborn

Most depressing prediction ever:

Come the Last Battle, Rand will succeed in re-sealing the Bore, but the military campaign will not go nearly so well for the Light. Trolloc forces overwhelm any non-channeler force, the Seanchan/Tar Valon clash effectively ends the dominance of the White Tower over political events. The remaining Forsaken each take over their own little niche of the world. The truce with the Seanchan ends. Rand's nations turn on each other and on the Aiel.

I think this fits Nicola's "The Last Battle done, but the world not done with battle" Fortelling fairly well.

Rand litterally will die and live again. However' date=' the world will continue to believe that Rand is dead [/quote']...and a beggar.

Is this RJ drawing upon similarities of Rand and Paul Atriedes?

touche'

Battles I want to see

Aviendha vs. Greandal: austere aeil vs. the hedenist

Mat vs. Demandred

Egwene vs. Mesaana

Cadsuane vs. Semiraghue

Flynn vs. Aran'gar

Slayer vs. Fain, Slayer kills Fain then Perrin Vs. Slayer

Elayne or Alivia vs. Cydane

Nyneave vs. Moghedien round #553

I hope Thom kills some AS in AMoL

all for now

Though this isn't a suggestion, i would really like to see Mesaana leashed. There's just something... nice... about the idea of one of the Forsaken falling not because she is evil, or has been intentionally creating chaos, or any of a half a hundred other reasons relating to the war with the shadow, but just because she is a woman who can channel in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It speeks to the arrogance of the Forsaken, thinking they stand above the new world, and outside its casual threats. Mesaana in particular amuses me with this idea.

The other thing i really want to see is the uprising of the darkfriend Wise Ones.

Hopefully:

Mat will beat the snakes and foxes in the Tower of Ghenjei, and the exit to the tower will be in Shara. Having survived the tower, Mat is revered as a god by the Sharans and he leads them across the Waste to join the war effort. While crossing the Waste, they run into a horde of trollocs on the way to massacring the Aiel left in the Waste.

Matt then leads the rest of the Aiel out of the Waste and finally comes to join forces with Rand.

Rand hands over control of the armies of Randland to Mat, and Tuon gives him control of the Seanchan forces...

From this position, it is obvious that the Forces of Light will win, as they are commanded by Mat :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Cadsuane
The visions of ghosts are appearing in a reverse chronological progression and they will start reflecting ghosts of the AoL around the time of TG.
Only when Rand's and the DO's wands connect. :wink:

Nynave will wear a long yellow dress trimmed in green that has a too low neckline and overly accentuates her feminine physique. She'll take it off for Lan.

==================

Yes, that's all boys ever think about!!! :twisted:

Archived