DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WoT Cities based on Real-World Locations

JosephBurns

I've recently been doing some traveling, and doing research on different places to go.  Looking into Lisbon, Portugal, I've learned that its called a City with Seven Hills based on its topography.  For some reason it reminded me of WoT and I think one of the Cities of WoT has a reference to hills (But can't remember which); the same as Lisbon. 

This got me wondering if RJ based any of the WoT Cities on real world locations.  I always thought Ebou Dar, Illian, and Tear were based on actual places, or many amalgamations of several places, but I don't remember readings if this was the case or not. 

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?  Thank you.     

6 hours ago, JosephBurns said:

I've recently been doing some traveling, and doing research on different places to go.  Looking into Lisbon, Portugal, I've learned that its called a City with Seven Hills based on its topography.  For some reason it reminded me of WoT and I think one of the Cities of WoT has a reference to hills (But can't remember which); the same as Lisbon. 

This got me wondering if RJ based any of the WoT Cities on real world locations.  I always thought Ebou Dar, Illian, and Tear were based on actual places, or many amalgamations of several places, but I don't remember readings if this was the case or not. 

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?  Thank you.     

Rome is associated with 7 hills.  Also a biblical reference in Revelation.