DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Aes Sedai Executions

rowdie

Yeah, seems like also declaring war because one person is a psycho is a lot...but given the influence of the white tower, it seems like they should at least be able to have him arrested if he enters any cities or kingdoms where they have influence? I would say maybe they don't want to bring attention to the fact someone is killing them, but given the way he displays the rings he is making it public anyway.

On 11/21/2021 at 5:24 PM, Elder_Haman said:

So you believe that there is no history of Whitecloaks killing Aes Sedai? I find that hard to believe. The One Power does not make the Aes Sedai invincible. 

I quite like making the Whitecloaks - especially the questioners - more of a threat. 

There is absolutely history of this but also I think the fact that it was a yellow sister in that scene is telling. I think the rings have different colored gems on the show according to Ajah, has anyone screenshot Valda's jingling of the rings to see if we can tell what color they are?

While sure, every sister can wield the One Power, each Ajah has its specializations and the Yellow specialize in healing.

Came here to bring up the gesture thing specifically.  I think this could even lead to a VERY rude awakening with the Children or another certain anti channeler group when they're fully used to dealing with Aes Sedai and then run into the groups that DON'T use the gestures and it'll be a very big shock.

As a second aside to the gestures, Yellow are not known for their combat skill.  It's possible she specifically was not particularly skilled in battle.

• Community Administrator
21 minutes ago, KakitaOCU said:

As a second aside to the gestures, Yellow are not known for their combat skill.  It's possible she specifically was not particularly skilled in battle.

The interesting part about it is, a Yellow who's mastered Healing is very, very dangerous if they were to use their healing to kill. While the 3 oaths do not prevent a Yellow Ajah from killing with healing weaves, I'm almost positive a Yellow Ajah's duty to heal prevents them from using healing to kill.

So it's also possible she wasn't actually helpless, but the only action she could have taken was to kill, and that's something that goes against her very being.

Here's something to think about.  Why wouldn't White Cloaks simply ask every woman they meet "Are you Aes Sedai?"  If the Aes Sedai tried to worm out without really answering, that would just further their suspicions. 

17 minutes ago, JJLXL said:

Here's something to think about.  Why wouldn't White Cloaks simply ask every woman they meet "Are you Aes Sedai?"  If the Aes Sedai tried to worm out without really answering, that would just further their suspicions. 

In the books it doesn't happen because the Oath Rod makes someone recognize able on sight.

For the show?  It'd work for a short time, but then it would start inviting sisters to prepare defensive things and ultimately make it harder to catch them.

1 hour ago, KakitaOCU said:

In the books it doesn't happen because the Oath Rod makes someone recognize able on sight.

For the show?  It'd work for a short time, but then it would start inviting sisters to prepare defensive things and ultimately make it harder to catch them.

Also Robert Jordan has stated the population of Andor is around 10 million.