DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Too Young Sitter Conspiracy.

Luckers

Well ... since you're copying and pasting:

Cadsuane is not directing random sisters in the execution of short term plans.  She is devious and scheming.

The fact that she is devious and scheming is not proof that she is creating an organized "Third Faction".

Yes, there are around ten at her Carhienen locatiion, but there are an unspecified number of sisters that she has gathered and sent elsewhere.

The key being "unspecified".

She has been gathering these sisters for the better part of two years.

That means nothing.  You can gather sisters at a rate of five per year for two years and still only get 10.  And that statement would lead one to believe that her "gathering" has a purpose other then dealing with the schism in the Tower (since the "strange events in Shienar" took place before the Tower split).  Like ... oh ... the Dragon Reborn?  She doesn't need hundreds of Aes Sedai for that.  She needs a few specific ones that she can trust, as was stated.  Trustworthiness and skill are more important considerations than numbers.  And if those Sisters she could trust were spread out, it could well have taken the better part of two years to find them all, since she only recently learned to Travel.

When Cadsuane gives an order it must be obeyed.

Thats purely a function of the old hierarchy system, not evidence of a new gathering faction.  She could walk into the Tower or the Rebel Camp and get a similar reaction from anyone but Egwene, Elayne, and Nynaeve.  And maybe Elaida, although frankly, after 2 minutes with Cadsuane, I think Elaida would be taking orders too.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if any one else has mentioned this yet...

I came across it a few days ago and thought it was very interesting - I love how you pick up new stuff every time you reread the series.

I think that the Too Young Sitter Theory is actually the Too Young Sitter and Ajah Head Theory.

Here's a quote from tLoC that seems to support my "theory".

Pg 522 (HC) - Chapter 40 Unexpected Laughter

"Elayne had made her choice of Green Ajah and been accepted, only to discover that Myrelle was the head of the Green Ajah in Salidar. Myrelle, who had not even been Aes Sedai fifteen years. From things that had been said, Elayne knew there were Greens in Salidar who had worn the shall at least fifty..."

This is the only reference that I can recall that identifies any Ajah head in Salidar AND it suggests that a young Ajah head is not common.

It certainly lends a lot of support to the Sitters and the Ajah heads colluding to enable a smoother White Tower reunification.

What do you guys think?

RAW: "Thats pretty much the jist of this entire thread."

No it's not.  I just re-read the whole thing and no where does it mention that anybody thinks that the Ajah heads are too young in addition to the Sitters. 

I haven't read anywhere what happened to all of the Ajah heads after the split (ie. how many stayed in the tower and how many left), but it is likely something similar to the Sitters.  The replacement Ajah heads were probably selected in a similar fashion to the replacement Sitters - some were too young per my previous quote.

I'm pretty sure know one else made this point, but I just woke up so perhaps I missed it.  Please direct me to the appropriate part of this post if I've missed it.

To be fair, i doubt that there is anything significant in the Ajah Heads in Salidar... the are elected by popular vote, and therefore could not have been put in place by the Footdragging Five. Moreover, they were in elected prior to the arival of the Footdragging Five--at least Myrelle was, and since she is the only evidence of a too-young Ajah Head...

Myrelle was raised because amongst the Greens that had made it to Salidar at the time, she had influence on the small council. At least, so far as i think.

Archived