DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Are you Smarther than a Fifth Grader?

Matalina

Relatively new game show, that is really fun to watch and makes you go "Oh my god they know that?"

So far the game show, none of the adults have finished the game with out saying "I am not smarter than a fifth grader".

And of the 5th graders present I beleive they've only missed one question of the shows short time span in existance...

Anyone else watch this? I didn't on Thursday cause Smallville was new <pouts>

News about the show: http://apnews.myway.com//article/20070316/D8NTID9G0.html

Mat

it can be but it's also sad. My husband is very good with the useless information trivia type stuff but he can't get the first thru fifth grade questions on many occassions.

The first guy answered four questions and he didn't get any of them right on his own.

How many adults know who the first impeached president was?

I know I didn't but then I suck at history and social studies. I've no interest in it so I never remember the details.

Mat

I do I do. The first impeached President was Johnson who came into office after the assaination of Lincoln.

He was impeached by congress because he didn't want to punish the south with the harsh reconstrustion, Lincoln wanted to grant mercy on the south.

And I knew that, I didn't have to look it up or anything.

Guest Barmacral

This sounds like a very interesting show, what timeslot is it on? Either it hasn't been mentioned or I've just missed it completely.

Guest Emperor

I love trivia shows, but was turned off this show because of the host, Jeff Foxworthy. Also watched a few minutes once and the kids were.... preening for camera time it seemed. It somewhat turned me off of the show, but I could be talked into watching it again... as I love useless trivia knowledge games.

Guest Yveva

I watched a few minutes with Emp as well, I felt a little bit sorry for the grownups, but some of them were SUPERsimple math equations and then I just felt bad for humanity. There's a difference to me between trivia and basic skills like math and spelling.

Guest Cadsuane

I saw an Extra snippet where they were interviewing the 5th graders from this show, and I have to say from that glimpse, I would avoid this show. The kids seemed totally snotty and fame-hungry, not at all charming or cute. Also, I get very stressed out when I'm exposed to humanity's depths of stupidity. :lol:

Guest Yveva

it is a really cool concept for a game show though I think :) How much of their education have adults forgotten? Just why do we expect fifth graders to know these things?

Guest Emperor

Howard Stern told me not to like it... it was an idea they stole from him... except her asks Strippers REAL 5th grade questions....

Guest Haxorsist

You Passed 8th Grade Math

passed.jpg

Congratulations, you got 7/10 correct!

You Passed 8th Grade Science

passed.gif

Congratulations, you got 6/8 correct!

It's not great, but at least I passed. :D

Guest Cadsuane

Yeah, I got 10/10 on the Math and 7/10 on the Science. I failed Geography and History with 5 and 6 out of 10, and Spanish with 4/10. But I don't feel to bad about that one, since I never knew Spanish to begin with... :D

Guest Haxorsist

Can I get the url for History and Geography? I tried changing it to geography and history, but it didn't work.

I just saw an episode of the show, btw. It was kinda sad. Even I knew the answer to the math questions they failed on, which is just ridiculous. :P

I didn't like the host, and I hated myself when his jokes made me chuckle.

Guest Haxorsist

You Failed 8th Grade US History

failed.gif

Sorry, you only got 4/8 correct!

You Passed 8th Grade Geography

pass.jpg

Congratulations, you got 9/10 correct!

Yay and bleh. I guess getting half the questions right on US history isn't that bad, since I'm not American. :D

I don't need to be a member to contribute to this Org, do I? I will definitely be considering it when I have the time, though. *wonders about a seanchan Band*...

This show has an interesting premise; there seem to be a flurry of new shows revolving around this kind of idea in Canada, at least. But I can only watch it for a little bit. They draw the show out for so long and have some pretty ridiculous question. To be honest, watching frustrates me and makes me feel like I've lost IQ. I just can't handle it =P

Guest Yveva

you're always welcome to join in. And there's no requirement on how much or how little. Of course, the more you post the more we'll love ya, but in the meantime, you're welcome to drop by whenever you want to :)

I know what you mean about it making you feel like you've lost IQ.

ps. what happened to game shows where you actually DID have to know obscure things?

Lovely. I'll be popping in, then. When I get the breath to. Being new is hard work.

Every thing I think about "Are You Smarter..." I flackback to seeing a lady struggle over naming the closest star to Earth. *exhales labouredly* .... even the memory hurts a little.

Hm. Game shows that require obscure knowledge. Well ... Millionaire - you must, however, also be American and steeped in pop culture and also have ESP.

Me, the only one I credit is Jeopardy!

Guest Yveva

being new at DM can be supertough! :) One thing I like about the SC boards is that with the entertainment topic it's easy to just start out with one or two threads to follow (for whatever is your favourite show), and then branch out from there if you want to.

Did you mention you're from Canada? I'm originally from BC and did my MA in Ontario. Welcome aboard!

Archived