DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

MP3 player question

hello tech smart people

today someone stole my 160 G iPod classic from my car.

the internet has informed me that it's too expensive to replace.

anyone know what would be comparable, available, and not stupidly costly?

I only need the audio capacity, at least 80 G, and I need usb to connect it to my car. or blue tooth but I'd prefer usb. it needs to be sturdy cause it stays in the car winter and summer

I hate touch features and don't need any video storage or games. just the audio.

any suggestions?

My phone became my mp3 player. I don't carry much more than 8Gb of music, so I have a constant rotation list. I don't know anything about iphones, tho. Sawwy.

Honestly, everything you asked for in that request, a smart phone can do.

Hi Cindy,

I can't really help. I also don't like the touchscreen things. I recently bought myself a new mp3 player, for quite cheap, and all it can do is play music (on shuffle all, or repeat all). It is only 16 GB though.

Have you tried searching for your specifics on a site of a store that you have in your area?

I hope eBay works for you.

It upsets me sometimes... there are many things where the simplest form would have sufficed. Like, if I could have a cellphone that could just call and send messages - perfect.

I hope eBay works for you.

It upsets me sometimes... there are many things where the simplest form would have sufficed. Like, if I could have a cellphone that could just call and send messages - perfect.

I

got a trakphone for that but it's becing obsolete.

ya I don't want to pay for a whole bunch of kings I don't need but they don't

seem

to give me a choice.

how do I use an sd card? could I use

one on a cheaper

MP3 player?

Oh, this is a good idea. You'll have to check to see if there is a cheap mp3 player available that may have a slot for a sd card.

how do I use an sd card? could I use

one on a cheaper

MP3 player?

Oh, this is a good idea. You'll have to check to see if there is a cheap mp3 player available that may have a slot for a sd card.
there definitely are but I didn't know what an sd card was or how to use it.

can I just copy my I tunes library to it, pop it in, and feed the player through the USB

in

my car?

could I do that with a flash drive or would it not know how to read and play the data?

Yeah, my car radio doesn't even care if there are folders (mine is arranged so that every artist has their own folder).

My car radio shows the names of the songs, and their artists, and I can shuffle them, but it does not show the folder names. I do have the ability to choose a folder, given that I know that a specific artist is folder number 34. :laugh:

Just make sure that your car radio has the option for USB - when you're going through FM / AM / CD / USB. 

I'm pretty well chuffed ya :biggrin:

this is an excellent place to problem solve. smart people here.

Just like you!

We are also excellent virtual bakers. Have some cupcakes for your success!

fernandaabarcamusiccupcakes7.jpg

Archived