Jump to content

DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Skipp

Member
  • Posts

    1085
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Skipp

  1. https://www.thehugoawards.org/hugo-history/2026-hugo-awards/ For Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form The show may be canceled but I will take news like this any day. Season 3 and especially episode 4 deserves all the accolades!
  2. Small number of critic reviews but it is true. Specifically for season 3.
  3. As I mentioned in the other thread I would be incredibly excited to have a solid animated adaptation of WoT. While I adore the live action series and would have preferred it to continue, an animated show solves many of the problems that the live action had to work around. You don't need to worry about the cast aging, having to cut locations because you visit it once and not again for books. Same with actors it is easier to bring in voice actors for small cameo's or just have the character present with no dialogue if needed. Certain set pieces would also likely translate better to animated. Unfortunately I do not have high hopes. This just seems to be more "stuff" that Red Eagle/iWot is throwing against the wall to see what sticks. The article even mentions all the other "announcements" they have made; The pre Breaking trilogy, the "3d" White tower prequel, the AAA video game, an animated movie etc... They highlight a producer from Arcane as part of the team. Arcane is amazing but they are not bring in the animation studio Fortiche. The studio they are actually partnered with is another concern, it is led by some AI tech bro. Personally I would not support the show if it was made with AI, I know others here have a different opinion on that. tldr; Hope it will be amazing, incredibly low hope due to all the red flags.
  4. I hope an animated series can be created but this paragraph kinda says it all. "The upcoming animated films and series are meant to be separate entities from other projects that have already been announced, such as the White Tower 3D prequel film and the live-action Age of Legends trilogy, assuming these even get made." Red Eagle is throwing everything at the wall hoping something will stick. I do not have the much faith if they are heavily involved.
  5. I have heard it said that GRRM wrote his books more like a screenplay or at least as if he planned to adapt it to such. The creators of the Expanse did something similar which makes sense since they worked under GRRM before publishing the series. But even with that taken into account a BUNCH of stuff in the Expanse was changed for TV. Wot and The Expanse are my top 2 book series and the their respective shows are in my top 5.
  6. Haven't watched the series in a bit but i do recall 2-3 instances of whispers when Rand is channeling. Difficult to say if it was Lews Therin or just the taint. As for seeing Lews Therin I thought the speculation was from episode 8 not 4. Rand sees a figure all in black standing on a sand dune for a brief moment and then they are gone the next. LTT would be my speculation as to whom it would be but nothing definitive. I don't believe Alexander Karim filmed anything for season 3 so if it was suppose to be him it was meant to be vague.
  7. He was also changing things with the thought of future seasons in mind and how much they were going to have to condense.
×
×
  • Create New...