DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I' ve got a question about balefire and time

Lady Saravhem

:? If the flow of time is set moving only forward then how is it possible for balefire to erase someone or something further and further back in time depending on the amount of power used to create the balefire? If time is only capable of moving one way, which has been stressed to me often because of my Olver theory, then it seems that it should not be possible for even balefire to erase some one as it does. Yeah I know threads of a pattern. But with tapestry, I have a feeling if you try to burn one thread all the others are going to go with it. Any Ideas? :D

Well I don't think that is has much to do with time, but rather events. People still remember things that have been done by balefired people. Balefire doesn't "go back in time" it makes things have never existed in the first place.

And to the tapetry comment, that is why blaefire is so dangerous. I think that when someone balefires someone else they're not hitting the enitre pattern but selcting a single thread and burning it only. But even if you select only a certain thread, if you burn enough threads, things do start to unravel.

I understand where you are coming from. So if you use balefire often, lots of people should just disappear. Every use means you not only burn the pattern, but you burn it back through time. So everytime someone uses balefire in the books, they are killing generations of people. Notice nobody is ever effected though? Still the best way to fry an enemy though.

Archived