DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Can it be called Betrayal (attn Cara)

Liitha

Cara didn’t order as large a portion of food as Liitha did, Cara had never been known for eating, and there had been some whispers when she was a Novice that she did not eat at all. Cara had taken much pleasure in striding into the canteen where the Novices took their meals, and piling food on her plate until she almost needed help carrying it back to the table. The only problem with this was that Cara had to eat all the food on the plate, and then had spent an unpleasant evening wondering if her sides were going to split. Nowadays, she ate when she was hungry, but still only small meals, and that was more to please her mother than through needing to eat.

Today though there was something to watch, or rather, someone to watch, someone who attacked their food with a determination that reminded Cara of the Warders at practice. Liitha obviously enjoyed eating, judging by the way she demolished the food on her plate. A thought suddenly came to Cara and once Liitha had cleared her plate, Cara placed her index finger on the plate and waited. It did not take long for Liitha to send a questioning look at Cara. “What are you doing now Cara?”

“Well I had this wild idea that if I left my finger on your plate that you would more than likely eat that as well”.

“You told me I needed to keep my strength up, although for what you have not specified, Aes Sedai.” The smile on Cara’s face mirrored the smile that appeared on Liitha’s face. Blood and ashes but I so like to see her smile. “Well it would seem we have discovered another talent of yours Liitha. First you can handle weapons, second you know how to eat for two of us, and third…..” As Cara paused, Liitha lent closer, “and third Cara?” The silence stretched out, the two women oblivious to the sounds around them, not even noticing how crowded the Inn had become. “Thirdly, my dear, you know how to kiss.”

One of the serving girls approached their table and enquired if they had finished their meal. Tearing her eyes away from Liitha’s, Cara said they had and the girl removed the plates and cutlery. Once she had finished Cara turned back to Liitha, who had not moved, and Cara’s eyes locked on Liitha’s. “So what next Liitha?”

Cara Ramsey

I wasn’t born with enough middle fingers

Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah

Liitha looked at the small portion of the other woman, she couldnt understand how one could get filled on so litle. Herself as the food came she had no problem forking in on the pai, she was quite hungry even with the morning meal. Training had made her used to eat a lot, when you used energy you needed an intake of it as well.

Sudenly just as she cleared her plate Cara placed a finger on it, what...she looked up with question in her eyes. “What are you doing now Cara?”

“Well I had this wild idea that if I left my finger on your plate that you would more than likely eat that as well” Liitha laughed and swallowed the last scraps she had gathered on her fork.

“You told me I needed to keep my strength up, although for what you have not specified, Aes Sedai.” She studied Cara as she waited for some response, she had come to quite enjoy their way of cary on a conversation. The pokes and so forth, she sipped her tea waiting, just loosing herself in the gray eyes.

“Well it would seem we have discovered another talent of yours Liitha. First you can handle weapons, second you know how to eat for two of us, and third…..” Liitha leaned closer asking what was tird. “Thirdly, my dear, you know how to kiss.”

The temptation to forget where they where and lean forth to steal a kiss then and there was great, but their conversation was broken up by a serving girl coming to take their empty plates.

“So what next Liitha?” Numerous ideas went through her mind, but she pushed them away, hopefully there would be time enough later. "Desert of course.." she grined and got up, she knew exactly where to go and waited for Cara to get up and follow her.

She lead the way out of the inn, colecting coins to the top of her purse, just smaller coins thoug. She lead the way towards the market, as they walked into it stoping by a chart, tossing the merchant a coin as she stabed one of her dagers into a peach, looking at the juice runing down the blade.

They could walk thruog market picking up some stuff here and some there to munch on as they talked and took in the energy of Tar Valon. She cut the peach in half and handed one part to Cara with a smile. "We'll see what is next on the list..." she chuckled, "there is enough to pick from here.." she dug her theaths into the soft flesh of the fruit, feeling the juice run down her chin and whiped it off with a finger. It was sweet for sure. "So what is it you work with, your a brown, so spend your life in the books or?" she looked sideways.

Cara laughed at Liitha’s question, when she had first become a Novice, and well into the time she was an Accepted, Cara had hated books with a passion, but that had slowly changed, and she had become very possessive of the knowledge she could find in some of the old books. Knowledge was the real precursor of power, of lasting power definitely, and Cara wanted all the knowledge she could get. This would make her ultimate goal that much easier to accomplish, or so she hoped. “It is more a search for knowledge than anything else. There is a lot of knowledge that has been lost, or at best, misplaced. So many things we knew how to do, that now appear as if they were things of legend.” Raising her hands as if in defence Cara continued. “I know it sounds as boring as listening to the Amelyn speak, but every now and then we come up with something that helps. Also we get to leave here and go and look for lost books and artefacts, I feel just such a search coming on some time soon.” Cara fervently hoped it would be soon, she wanted to be alone with Liitha, to not have to worry about being seen together by anyone. “If you like I can request that you accompany me, I am sure your Commander will not refuse the request of an Aes Sedai.” The smile on Liitha’s face almost matched the intensity of Cara’s feelings; the thought of some time away from prying eyes was very intoxicating.

When they had finished the peach they moved on, walking as close as the crowds would allow, every now and then brushing against the other then pulling away, eventually they arrived at the Warders Yards, and Liitha had to take her leave, she had duty that afternoon and would not see Cara again that day. Eventually, after many longing looks into each others eyes, and words spoken to softly for others to hear, they parted, Liitha going to her room, and Cara returning to the library, searching for a reason to leave Tar Valon. The books provided nothing that was useful and so Cara returned to the Brown Ajah Quarters and spoke with a couple of her Sisters. One of them mentioned that Baerlon had some interesting artefacts and that a visit there was always of interest.

On hearing this, Cara immediately went to the Yards and sought out the Guard Commander, making a request for Liitha to accompany her on her journey. She did not know how long she would be away, and it was not unheard of for a member of the Tower Guard to accompany an Aes Sedai if she had no Warder.

The next morning, Liitha and Cara met in the Stables, Cara was dressed in breeches and baggy shirt, her ash blonde hair platted then pinned on top of her head. Her cloak was of dark green wool; she had chosen an unlined one, as the weather was warm enough to justify it. Liitha was dressed in a similar way, but her cloak was attached to her saddle. It was strange to see her wearing her sword, somehow the juxtaposition of the sword against Cara’s feelings for her, seemed very at odds. Climbing into her saddle, Cara let Liitha lead the way out of the stables and through the city, Today was a good day for a ride, and a ride in good company was always to be appreciated.

As they finally left the city, Cara turned to Liitha, a smile on her face. “I am glad you are with me, the journey is always interesting, but even more so when shared with a friend, come on I’ll race you to the trees.”

Cara Ramsey

I wasn’t born with enough middle fingers

Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah