DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Super Bowl time

Segurant

Guest Emperor

Opening Odds.... Indy favored by 7.

I would take those odds as defense wins championships and the Bears have a monster defense.

I am just happy the Patriots lost.

I am not sure which team I am pulling for yet. I think Manning deserves the ring, but my team is in the NFC and I am tired of everyone saying how bad the NFC sucks.

Even though we don't have much access to American Football here in the UK (or that might just be me with no TV! lol!), I don't mind who wins the Super Bowl as long as its a good game.

Since I follow the Steelers (mainly due to my godfather), I will be pinning for the AFC team, so that is the Colts.

But I just want a good game after last year's Super Bowl.

Guest Haxorsist

When is the game? I have to check if any channels over here are gonna show it. Usually don't watch American Football, but I have to see the Super Bowl. :D

Guest Segurant
Even though we don't have much access to American Football here in the UK (or that might just be me with no TV! lol!)' date=' I don't mind who wins the Super Bowl as long as its a good game.

Since I follow the Steelers (mainly due to my godfather), I will be pinning for the AFC team, so that is the Colts.

But I just want a good game after last year's Super Bowl.[/quote']

London is going to host a regular season game next year. Not sure who is playing in it though

Guest Segurant
When is the game? I have to check if any channels over here are gonna show it. Usually don't watch American Football' date=' but I have to see the Super Bowl. :D[/quote']

It is on Sunday Feb 4th at 6:30 PM EST

Guest Segurant

I am thinking that it would be a team with a marquee type player like the Saints but then again I don't know.

We'll find out during Super Bowl Weekend who the teams are according to nfl.com.

NFL Football Trivia: NFL Europe is a developmental league played during the offseasons. It originated in 1991 under the name The World League. Who won the first World Bowl? Who were the teams?

Bonus: What was the score? Who was the MVP?

Guest Karana Majin

I have to say, the only thing I am usually interested in about the super bowl is what sort of fabulous snack food will I be getting? And booze?

Guest Emperor

Depends, is it only us? If you want to invite some friends I will get some good snacks or something. We could host a little party.

I'm very pleased that Peyton has finally shaken that damned monkey off his back. Being a fan of John Elway since I started following football in 1989, I naturally root for Peyton now, since he fits that Elway mold better than any other QB in the game now IMO.

I'm also glad that the Patriots, Eagles, and Seahawks are not in it, as those are probably the only three teams I actively dislike at the moment.

Why the Eagles?

I am a Panthers fan myself' date=' so no worries.[/quote']

Hmmm. I think it mostly dates back to when the Rams and the Eagles seemed to be meeting in the NFC championship every year and got a real rivalry going. I also am not very fond of Philly sports fans who I think may be the most classless fans in pro sports (I'm thinking of Phillies fans throwing batteries at J.D. Drew here and continuing to boo him and Scott Rolen). It's sort of the same reason for the Seahawks (the former reason that is) now that they are the Rams biggest rivals in the NFC west, even if the 49ers are the 'classic' rivalry. The Patriots I don't like because they have won it too many times, and once, unforgivably, at the expense of the Rams.

Guest Segurant

My are the Cowboys. I grew in Texas and so you got to love them.

Everyone loves the Cowboys. They either love them or love to hate them but there is love.

Guest Wynne Jessal

Like to see the Colts win, so Peyton can get the monkey off his back. And Tony Dungy too. Colts came to Seattle the week of his son's death last year.

OK, that didn't make a lot of sense.

But, yeah, Colts.

P.S. - Also, b/c everytime I think of the Bears I get "Bringing Sexy Back" stuck in my head, except it's "Bringing Rexy Back." And that's not okay.

Archived