DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Advanced Offense/Defence (ATTN: Ged & Aslan)

Arath Faringal

Arath arrived early at the training grounds, as had been his custom of late. He had a dedicated class today. The fun class. Truthfully he had been looking forward to this since recieving the assignment the day before. This class was the purpose of all of their training. To mold themsleves into weapons. It was exhilirating.

In preparation Arath raised many earthen figures from the ground to be todays victims. For convenience he divided them into several groups for the different exercises he had planned out. After raising a few dozen of the golems, he waited in the morning light for his students to show up.

Within a few minutes they arrived. With a deep breath Arath put on the airs of formality. "Dedicateds. I am Asha'man Arath. State your name, origin, and why you are here."

OOC: Alrighty. Basic get to know you shtuff. Also, post your OP and skill scores so I know what you are capable of. Once you both post we'll get to the fun stuff.

ooc E-3, F-3, A-10, W-8, S-8, Str-32, Skill-28

Aslan finished his morning exercise and then went by the mess to pick with him some bread, chees and fruit to eat as he walked towards the training ground. He swallowed it all down with water from his waterskin. He had been changing since he arived here in more ways then he could count soon. Though yet there was something back, a core of himself, that and something else he was now aware of if not in control off. He had come to terms with the parasit that he shared his life with, Jakar, from what he learned he didnt like the other much, he seemed to be very difrent from himself.

Ariving just as he finished his aple he looked at the teacher. "Dedicateds. I am Asha'man Arath. State your name, origin, and why you are here."

This was one lecture he would hope would be in the past as it was geting tedious to present oneself so thoroughly all the time, but he was used to it as well by now. "Aslan from Mayene, I am here to learn" learn to become one of the asha'men and a bloody weapon for the bloody dragon reborn, yet he had learned to belive by now and didnt say the lather thougths out loud. This was his life and destiny now wheter he had chosed it himself or not.

Guest Faile1987

~Ged~

Blinking irritably, Ged winced as the bright sunlight of yet another morning in the farmhouse of the Black Tower rose on the horizon, deciding to even increase the throbbing that had been pulsing right behind his forehead for the better part of the previous day. Thank the Light for yet another morning, he thought glumly only taking a short gaze outside after pulling the shutters of the small window of his room close again, banishing the incoming beams of blinding whiteness that made his eyes water instantly. And yet he had to get ready for another lesson anyway, no matter what.

Sighing and pulling on the void, safely tucking himself in as though wearing a thick cloak tightly wrapped around his body. He did know how to do that by now, well enough not to notice it most of the time as he just kept going like that, ignoring any sign of physical exhaustion as long as it still held him up. It wasn´t as bad now, but still Ged considered breakfast wasn´t an option now, late as he was and the churning of his stomach giving him rather disapproving signals on top of it.

Stepping outside, Ged decided to still make the best of it and stopped by Asha´man Arath who was already waiting for him with another Dedicated whose name he only vaguely remembered as the other one introduced himself. "Dedicated Ged Maevere, ready for training."

Arath stared down the two dedicateds for a moment, trying to remember if he had met with either before, and making a quick assessment of their demeanor. Aslan seemed . . . irritated. And Ged seemed distracted. Well then, thought Arath. Lets get going.

Without warning Arath siezed the power and in moments wove air and fire in a ring around the three of them. Then with a tremendous push, he released it. A fiery blast shot out from them in a ring form, twenty yards in all directions, leveling most of the practice dummies he had set up, and startling the dedicateds.

"This, is why you are here boys. You will learn advanced techinques to kill massive numbers of people and shadowspawn. This lesson is by far my favorite, but it also holds maximum potential to turn out badly. You must be creative, but you must not do anything stupid. Should either of you step out of line on this class, I will shield or sever you on the spot. Understood?"

Barely waiting for their acknowledgement, Arath continued. "Now, this lesson will start with you both teaching me something. I want to know what your strongest element is, and in what way you can use it to cause maximum damage. Creativity is the rule here." Turning to the field, Arath raised up the charred earthen targets to a standing position. "I also want you to demonstrate this weave to me. Destroy as many as you can in a single attack."

OOC: Still need your OP scores Ged.

Aslan studied the weave that the teacher made and then listened to the instructions."This, is why you are here boys. You will learn advanced techinques to kill massive numbers of people and shadowspawn. This lesson is by far my favorite, but it also holds maximum potential to turn out badly. You must be creative, but you must not do anything stupid. Should either of you step out of line on this class, I will shield or sever you on the spot. Understood?"

Aslan nodded, he completly understood the reasoning behind things, and it was part of what made him feel safe around this place even with Jakar in him. He well knew by now that the other didnt keep the same sane control on himself as Aslan did. "Now, this lesson will start with you both teaching me something. I want to know what your strongest element is, and in what way you can use it to cause maximum damage. Creativity is the rule here."

Aslan started thinking about the weaves he knew, he had by far found out he was not normaly devloped in his dividing strength in the elements, he found things easy that other had a harder time with and oposite, cause his strength seemed to lay in the female elements.

"I also want you to demonstrate this weave to me. Destroy as many as you can in a single attack."

He grasped for saidin and started weaving air and then fire as he saw the teacher had, trying to copy the firecirlce first before showing off a weave of his own, only as he tried to let the treads fall togheter into a web that made out a weave, the web collapsed. He tried again but it failed over and over.

Frowning he descided to move to the weave he had to demonstrate that he had learned from elsewhere, instead of the weave the teacher tried to teach them.

He wove air in a complex web, this was one he had seen some do with lesser impact though as time had gone by and he seemed to develop his strength, he had been able to do this weave with stronger and stronger effect, matching what he had learned about his strength would grow in time till he reached his full potential.

He would weave it around his aims as a binding weave only as he tied it closer it would instead crush the pretend victims.

ooc i chose for Aslan to fail flash fire who lay 2 points above his elemental strength in fire specialy cause your suposed to be pretending to not have your full strength but something like 2/3 when dedicated (even if the list is more a guide then the hard law), mostly because i figure its time for him to start living with his difrent strength disposal which is why i chose 'Crush' who is a air only weave who requires minimum 5 in air ;)

• 3 weeks later...

OOC: Okay, Ged will just have to catch up here.

IC: Arath carefully watched his students in their attempts to duplicate his weave, and demonstrate their own. Results varied, but were for the most part acceptable.

"Alright men. Now we will move on to some more complex weaves. Some of these require skill and not necesarily brute strength. Watch very carefully what I'm about to do."

Raising a hand toward a cluster of dummies, he wove air and fire. Within a few seconds, a blinding bolt of lightning streaked from the sky, obliterating several dummies and sending pieces flying everywhere. "Lightning is a very effective weapon. It is possible that you are already familiar with this particular weave, as it is the most simple. Calling lightning can be very draining though, especially on a cloudless day. Sometimes it is better to go with another approach." Turning slightly toward another cluster of targets, Arath raised his hand again. This time the lightning bolt flew from his outstetched fingers and blew the target to pieces.

"This form is far more difficult. If it is a cloudy day and you are outdoors, it is much better to call lightning from the sky. If you are inside a building, or the weather just refuses to cooperate, use this.

"I want you to duplicate both of these weaves for me. Here are your targets. Destroy as many as possible."

Is this the real life?

Is this just fantasy?

Caught by the taint, there’s

No more route to reality.

"Alright men. Now we will move on to some more complex weaves. Some of these require skill and not necesarily brute strength. Watch very carefully what I'm about to do." Aslan prepared to watch closely and moved a step to the rigth though he knew it was not something he watches as well as such or as much as he would feel it, it was just the pretence or limits of his mind that he by instinct moved to get a bether view. As he did sudenly the sun peeked throug the skies and hit him blind in the eye, and even as the blackness devoured his mind he knew what was happening and fougth it in vain.

Jakar blinked and looked at the weave beeing formed in front of him, then quickly observed his soroundings, he was used to having to figure out where that fool guy left him by now, and this apeared to be a class.

"Lightning is a very effective weapon. It is possible that you are already familiar with this particular weave, as it is the most simple. Calling lightning can be very draining though, especially on a cloudless day. Sometimes it is better to go with another approach."

Yet another weave was formed, and already Jakar knew it would despite everything take a pull of his strength to manage to do these weaves, for some reason he wherent very strong in those elements he should have strength, yet strong enough in those he shouldnt. Useless and tiredsome as often he found himself having to catch up by figuring out things himself, they where here to be weapons, fire and earth was usefull as such, and was what the teachers knew. He knew some of the theory though it was ever so tempting to go illogical on it and blaim the other, he was sure he had something to do with it, litle soft kitten.

"This form is far more difficult. If it is a cloudy day and you are outdoors, it is much better to call lightning from the sky. If you are inside a building, or the weather just refuses to cooperate, use this. I want you to duplicate both of these weaves for me. Here are your targets. Destroy as many as possible."

Jakar grined, though he would have to be carefull, saidin was a torent, one all to tempting to draw yourself full of, yet knowing it migth mean he would loose it forever. Mayhaps it was worth it even if he died, it would be such a sweet death for sure, but for now he would wait. Slowly bateling saidin, and clenching his teaths to avoid showing signs of the foul taint making him feel sick he grasped the one power.

The intricate webs making out weaves formed, the temptation to make them big was there but he also knew it would for sure make them fall into nothingness. After a couple tries he managed to get the first weave to work thoug thin and small not to impressive. He strained with the fire, making the weave small, the bloody female elements came easy enough but he failed several times before he got the fire and earth working with the second weave, or he was sure he would when the thing colapsed in the last second, and he muttered under his breath.

He could need some whisky, but no the bloody fool had placed him in a class where he was sure to seem like a fool. He should seek out books again, maybe even ask someone this time, there had to be a way to get rid of the other guy who took over his mind at times, yes for sure the one power would in some way be able to kill the bloody fool.

• 2 weeks later...

He watched his students struggle with the lastest weaves, in particular Aslan. It was interesting how he seemed to have problems sustaining large fire weaves, something that came easily to most of the men at the Farm. After watching the weave collapse for a third time, Arath intervened. "Aslan, you might want to try setting the stage a little. Force the weather to cooperate. Try this." Looking up into the sky, Arath wove large amounts of air and water, pushing his limits in those elements, and threaded the web with small amounts of the other elements. The effect wasn't quite as impressive as he would have hoped for since he didn't have much of a talent in weather control, but thicker clouds slowly began to form around the weave.

Turning back to Aslan he continued, "I'm not very good at this, but if you can form a cloud with a lightning buildup it makes it much easier to call lightning." To demonstrate, Arath repeated the first lightning weave, but without so much strength. A large bolt of lightning leapt out of the cloud and obliterated the targeted practice dummy. "Practice this a few times, then we'll move on."

Several minutes later, the class continud. "Now I will teach you a weave you have no doubt seen around the farm already, and most likely have experienced first hand. Shielding." A disc of spirit wove itself into being in front of Arath. "This is one of your best weapons against another channeler, if you can manage to use it. Usually you'll have to catch them off guard to use it." To demonstrate this point, Arath quickly wove a second shield and sent them both flying out to slam into his students. "You will see that these shields have some ... give to them. Shields are not infallible. If the target is strong enough they can push right through your shield." He weakened the spirit flows into the shields to put them at an easier level for the dedicateds. "I want you to try to explore and punch through my shield, then practice forming your own shields. Practice them on soldiers and other dedicateds on your own time. When you are ready, there are just a few more things I want to go over with you."

"Aslan, you might want to try setting the stage a little. Force the weather to cooperate. Try this."

Jakar sent a well hiden killing glare in the direction of the teacher as soon as he was sure the other couldnt see him.

"I'm not very good at this, but if you can form a cloud with a lightning buildup it makes it much easier to call lightning."

This was all the pusycat Aslans fault, beeing weak in fire, he could make the web well enough but he knew even as he watched the difrent variation that he didnt have the strength for this either.

"Practice this a few times, then we'll move on."

Useless, he tried a couple times just cause he knew objecting would do him no good, but he didnt succeed. Finaly they moved on, and all the bether for it he wanted out of here.

"Now I will teach you a weave you have no doubt seen around the farm already, and most likely have experienced first hand. Shielding."

He remembered that foul thing all to well, it didnt mather it had saved his life, he still didnt like the effect of it.

"This is one of your best weapons against another channeler, if you can manage to use it. Usually you'll have to catch them off guard to use it."

He felt the shield separate him from the one power, and his instant reaction was to slam up to try and break it uselessly. A low growl formed in the depts of his troath. He started working on the edges of it, unable to help himself, he had to force himself to stop and to not glare at his teacher, oh but he wanted to kill the man rigth now.

"You will see that these shields have some ... give to them. Shields are not infallible. If the target is strong enough they can push right through your shield."

He was that but seemingly the other was too and the other would be at his full potential or close to it, though he thougth in time he would be able to match him, yet now he was a litle weaker. Just enough so that he couldnt overpower him.

Something shifted in the weave, as if it grew thiner, the source beeing closer.

"I want you to try to explore and punch through my shield, then practice forming your own shields. Practice them on soldiers and other dedicateds on your own time. When you are ready, there are just a few more things I want to go over with you."

He was done nitpicking and slamed against it with brute force 3 times failing then on the 4th feeling himself go through and saidin floating back into him. He drew deep before stoping and forcing a litle away to not fall for the temptation, yet holding close to what he was able to curently, he couldnt wait to reach his full potential, he would be at least as strong as his teacher was now maybe more.

Unconsiously a grin played over his lips and his eyes where dark, oh in time he would do well without these fools, but first he had more to learn from them, as well as find a way to kill Aslan, there had to be a way.