DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Thom and the Myrddral

dalic

Charlz Guybon I had troubles with the site yesterday as well.

I found something interesting on Encyclopedia WOT related to this post that may clear up some of the best knives vs. second best knives confusion.... apparently RJ originally made a mistake that was corrected in later printings...

http://encyclopaedia-wot.org:8008/main/errata.html

TEotW,Ch20, Dust on the Wind, hc 256 pb 304

19th hc 27th pb

Fleeing Shadar Logoth, Thom throws knives at pursuing Trollocs then mutters, "My best knives." But later on in Whitebridge Thom attacks the Myrddraal, knives in hands, and Rand sees a blue flash. If these leftover knives are One Power wrought, then what in the world were Thom's best knives!?

-- hc 28th pb

Thom now mutters, "My second-best knives."

It appears that RJ intended for Thom's best knives to be used against the Myrddraal.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was thinking about it and it came to me what if it wasnt thom who had anything to do with it, i only read  upto the 4 pg's posts so sory if i'm repeating, but what if it was rand cause i know for sure he was there, and it fits all the things RJ said, like the flashes happening before thom got there, maybe because rands channeling abilites were happening subconceiously it was all he could do without knowing it, flashing that light to try to slow down that Fade for Thom

Now u guys go ahead and tear it up

I found something interesting on Encyclopedia WOT related to this post that may clear up some of the best knives vs. second best knives confusion.... apparently RJ originally made a mistake that was corrected in later printings...

19th hc 27th pb

Fleeing Shadar Logoth, Thom throws knives at pursuing Trollocs then mutters, "My best knives." But later on in Whitebridge Thom attacks the Myrddraal, knives in hands, and Rand sees a blue flash. If these leftover knives are One Power wrought, then what in the world were Thom's best knives!?

-- hc 28th pb

It appears that RJ intended for Thom's best knives to be used against the Myrddraal.

I'm glad that was fixed, it's always annoyed me since I have an old hardbacked copy of Eye of the World.

Guest cwestervelt

19th hc 27th pb

-- hc 28th pb

I'm glad that was fixed, it's always annoyed me since I have an old hardbacked copy of Eye of the World.

Do you know at what point that was fixed.  The hard cover copy of Eye of the World that I have is from the 5th printing.  It still has "my best knives."  I don't know what they are meaning by "19th hc 27th pb" and "hc 28th pb".  I don't think that is denoting what printing it was.  I doubt there have been 19 hard cover printings.  There might have been, I just find it hard to believe they would have done 14 printings in the last ll years.

Archived