DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Need ideas

claireducky

Ok, so the basic structure I am working towards is that we have two active Legions in the RP, that alternately rove Randland or are stationed at the Fortress. Every Child will be assigned to one or the other of these units, even those in the Hand and the Eyes. While you may not always be with your unit (especially in the case of Eyes), it still gives you a sense of identity.

The idea behind this is to have some unit cohesion, sort of like the Ajahs in the White Tower. I want to turn us into a loose group of people that hate the Aes Sedai to bands of brothers and sisters, who can be known for their deeds with their unit. If you've ever heard a story about "Old Ironsides" (the US Army 1st Heavy Armored), then you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Each legion should have a unique identity, sort of like military units do in the real world. I'd love it if you guys could help me come up with backgrounds for each of these Legions.

What should they be called? I am leaning towards a numeric system, like the 1st Legion or the 5th Legion. This seems simple enough to remember and for outsiders to understand.  The question is, which two numbers should we use?

Nicknames? Every good military unit has a nickname. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicknames_of_United_States_Army_divisions for inspiration.

Unit Insignia probably won't be used, as we don't see anything of that nature in the books.

Motto? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_unit_mottoes_by_country for inspiration

Traditions, anything else unique about the units we can make up?

Post here with your ideas!

Edited by claireducky

What should they be called? I am leaning towards a numeric system, like the 1st Legion or the 5th Legion. This seems simple enough to remember and for outsiders to understand.  The question is, which two numbers should we use?

lol not realy on a whel of tiem creativ strek right now. I can say for nw if wer doing, numbers, I like 3,7, or 21, unles they haev to be consexutive.

I like the idea of the 9th Legion, I dont know why just has a nice ring to it

also a Legion where the Children are more "broad-minded" might be good as it will help with fact finding without pre-conceptions. Obviously a concern of having a more liberal Legion could have disciplinary problems we are Children of the Light at the end of the day, where discipline and order are key, but that would make for great stories as well

Edited by Aekold

• Arie locked this topic