DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ji'e'toh (Wedge's RP)

Kathleen

The hold bustled with afternoon energy. Craftsmen finishing baskets next to children running around next to the clink of a smith creating spear points. They say that there are no cities in the Three Fold Land but Cairen could not imagine how more people than this could fit into one place. All types walking by. A Pack of wise ones and apprentices walked by pointedly ignoring everyone around them. Cairen enjoyed watching people live their life like this. Sitting on this rock in his personal time, it was peaceful seeing the world around him move and pulse.

A shorter Athen Dor walk towards him stopping to look him in the eye. “I have Toh.” Cairen knew this man, though slightly older than he, they had taken part in some of the same raids and training. Maran turned to lead him towards the tents. The bustle of people thinned out to sparse groups of maidens and warriors or Gai'Shain on specific chores. Walking past several Athen Dor warriors, they ducked into a tent where Maran could meet his Toh in private.

Kneeling in the tent, “I spoke ill of you behind your back Cairen, in a way that was not true. I did this because I thought it might game me favor with a person I wished to spend time with. As soon as I did it I realized this was not the right thing.' Maran Placed a strap next to his knees, turning around and pulling off his Cadin'sor exposing his shoulders. Fresh bruises marked his back. He had met his Toh with another on this matter.

Cairen didn't need to speak. Lifting the strap above his shoulder, he slapped it down across Maran's back as hard as he could. Lifting and and striking repeatedly. After a dozen strikes, Cairen Stopped, “You have no more Toh to me.” Maran Dressed and nodded to Cairan as he left the tent, relieved his Toh had been met.

Stepping through the exit of the tent, a wise one stood alone staring at Cairen about 10 feet away from the tent. She would not have hard their conversation, but looked at him in a knowing way. “Walk with me”, she turned as if he had already agreed. He fell in beside her, as they walked back towards the bustling area of the hold.

“You are learning the deeper meaning of Ji'e'Toh recently I see.” She paused as if to let him reply, then went on as soon as he opened his mouth to speak. “You honor yourself when you allow another to meet their honor. You have gained Ji' this day. Young men often do not see this as true.”

“I merely did what was necessary wise one. I would not presume my own Ji'.”

“As you shouldn't. But nonetheless, young ones often miss the point when you help others meet obligation, or allow others to help them. This process in itself is what makes the Aiel people strong. Ji' is gained, and you should understand this.” Cairen had never had a wise one be so direct with him. This one was a unique wise one.

“It is you who has done me the honor wise one.”

She smiled. As they walked back into the bustle of the hold. Walking silently for a few minutes, they come upon his favorite place to sit. “You a re a very serious person young one. I never see you spending time with others..

“I have always....” He paused, almost about to say something untrue. This made him frustrated, “Felt disconnected to most people Wise One. My first sister is the only one I truly trust, yet we have not been close recently.” Cairen had never said this aloud, and reflected on his Toh towards both his sister and the Aes Sedai.

Seeing that her words had hit the intended mark, she spoke, “Perhaps I will introduce you to my great-daughter. A good woman will help with that temper. She will like your height and even your scars will be endearing to her. You will come to our sweat tent this evening?” It wasn't a question in truth.

Leaving Cairen to resume his people watching, the wise one faded into the crowd.

OOC: Wedge had some technical troubles with DM and can't post here yet, but he wrote this and i'm c/ping it for him.