DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

question - weak damane and moiraine

mike hunt's here

If (big if) Moiraine goes to Ebou Dar with Mat, she will have the protection of emissary of the Dragon Reborn. She'll be safe from collaring. And we have to remember that Moiraine fought the Seanchan and freed captured Aes Sedai in Falme. She is familiar with the Seanchan.

@ Youmaycallmeelci: If your quote above hints at Setalle covering up Mat's ter'angreal from Tuon, I think she told Tuon that Mat has a ter'angreal that protects him from channeling.

KoD: As if the World were Fog

The Aes Sedai gathered around the map on the ground until Toy told them to quit peering over his shoulder. They moved off a little. Bethamin and Seta heeling them at a distance, and began talking quietly among themselves, occasionally glancing in his direction. If Toy had been paying any heed to their expressions, especially Joline’s, he might have been worried in spite of the incredible ter’angreal Mistress Anan said he carried.

I doubt we will see leashes come off in this book. Maybe that's what the outriggers would have encompassed. It would take a major cultural mind shift for that to happen. Perhaps that's why, in Avi's version of the future, Tuon is no longer empress.. Regardless, Moiraine or anyone else who can channel would be collared. Mat probably could not stop that even. So I doubt she will go anywhere near the Seanchan.

Because she knows he can just remove the collar even if she channels at him. Smart enough not to repeat her own mistakes.

That also brings to mind about burning out and stilling from that other thread. Didn't Satelle cover up feeling/knowing that that channeling didn't work on Mat? Wasn't Satelle burned out experimenting or something? I don't get the distinction and why one can be healed and not the other...

She never mentioned if she can feel or not, and Moggy never tried to walk when Le/Su had the collar on. So it's really inconclusive.

It wouldn't matter--Elayne changed Moghedien's a'dam to allow her to walk around even if the bracelet wasn't being worn.

Damn. Even worse!

Archived