DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I missed something: Mat and Tuon in KoD

Iceman

On 12/6/2006 at 11:03 AM, Iceman said:

What just then?! I've reread the parts of KoD with Mat and Tuon in them several times and don't see anywhere that he mentioned to her knowing what Hawkwing looks like.

I don't know about the "...just then..." part, but while travels under aliases with the carnival Tuon suddenly asks Mat if he remembers Hawkwing's face and Mat does a poor job of putting on a poker face and she knows he's hiding the fact that he has seen and remembers Hawkwing's face. Mat evades any further probing by pointing out how ridiculous the notion was and Tuon has no other option than to be like: yea you're right that is a dumb question. Forget about it. Cause it's not like she can say I had a foretelling that I'd marry a man who remembered Hawkwing's face. Besides she was trying to be play to get and didn't want to let on to anyone (even to herself) that she was actually feeling something for him. 

On 1/22/2007 at 9:57 PM, FelixA9 said:
\ said:
You're leaving out the second parts of the prophecies. It's "Beware the fox that makes the raven fly' date=' for he will marry you and carry you away. Beware the man who remembers Hawkwing's face for he will marry you and SET YOU FREE.[/quote']

Technically she only asked him once but saw "lie" written all over his face. Too bad he didn't reply with "yeah, he was first in line when I blew the Horn of Valere" :lol: And then of course he remembers Hawkwing from his other memories.

Blowing the horn of valere wasn't the only time he saw Hawkwing's face. Mat actually had a memory of falling in battle to Hawkwing. Hawkwing is standing over him as he is dying and Hawkwing was expressing remorse over having to kill him and not being able to win him over to his side. A really cool scene IMO.