DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who is The Mystery Taveren with the Yellow Eyes?

Wheel of Thyme

We all know that when Mat, Perrin and Rand think about each other they get Instant RandVision Access to what the others are doing. In light of that, consider Perrins POV, from Knife of Dreams chapter 12, on page 321 of my softcover book:

"She and Mishima exchanged glances. Light, he hoped there was nothing in the prophecies about TWO men with yellow eyes. Those colors whirled, and he dashed them"

So...my question to you all is...who was being "summoned" by Perrins stray thought; it seems to me there is a mystery taveren, never before seen because no one thought of him in that light prior to this instance. Clearly it wasnt in reference to himself, Perrin. Elyas? Noam/ Boundless? And could either be the "Broken Wolf" of the Dark Prophecies? That may merit the character getting Taveren status. Noam certainly was in a convenient place in a convenient time.

You're pulling that line out of context. The situation is as follows.

In chapter 4, when Tylee and Perrin first meet, Tallanvor introduces everyone. Tylee notices his golden eyes and his hammer. After introductions, she says to Perrin that she is glad he wasn't named the Wolf King. As explanation, she tells everyone about the Wolf King prophecy.

Later, in chapter 12, Perrin and Tylee are in a town to get Forkroot. While in the town people are ignoring the soldiers and new comers, but they tend to over react when they see his golden eyes. Tylee comments on this, asking if they are common where Perrin is from. Perrin tells that they are not common, but he could introduce her to others with similar eyes. At this point, we get your quote.

Perrin believes Mishima and Tylee glance at each other because they are reminded of the Wolf King prophecies. He then worries that there is a prophecy that has two men with golden eyes. Then, because he thought of prophecy, he thought or Rand and/or Mat, and the colors swirl.

Clouded , Torn Shadow, that makes sense, thank you for that interpretation. Easiest answer is almost always the most true one, but who knows if Occam's Razor applies in Jordan's world?

I don't know about how it applies to Jordan's world, but on these boards, it tends to hold true.

Archived