DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Nothing I create in this life will give this simple pride and happiness....

Pantsonfire

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We just have better memories is all ;)

We have? Are you sure about that? As usual, when this topic is brought up, I do not think there is a big difference if you are a boy or a girl. It´s we that believe that girls and boys should be different and thereby make it so.

We just have better memories is all ;)

We have? Are you sure about that? As usual, when this topic is brought up, I do not think there is a big difference if you are a boy or a girl. It´s we that believe that girls and boys should be different and thereby make it so.

Yeah, you're right, besides physical differences there aren't any differences that boys and girls have that start out when born as far as I know. However, society forms children to make their be differences.

Actually, psychologically there are differences in brain function as well. Some parts of boys' brains tend to be larger and other areas are larger for girls. Then there are certain areas that "light up" or are used more. Amazing what you can learn from monitoring the brain on a screen :P

There is obviously physical differences and also hormonal differences between boys and girls. What I don´t like is when we give men and woman certain characteristics already from the start. For example: Boys are supposed to be technical so we buy them lego. Girls should be nursing so we buy them dolls. Of course we will be better at something we do a lot. I wish that kids were presented with a lot of chances so that they can see for themselves what fits them or not. Be treated as individuals and not a gender. We have some great studies from kindergarten here in Sweden that I could tell you about but now I´m off to bed.

You don't buy girls legos? I always thought that no matter who you were you played with legos. However, when presented with legos and a doll, most girls will take the doll first and most boys will take the legos first.

I loved legos; I have no clue what you're talking about. I did tinker toys as well. But then again I was one of those strange girls that liked catching bugs :P

As a kid I'd play with lizards and snails. (Florida)

Yes, I would like to say it is amazing at how shocked guys are that I can fix some things on my car and that I own power tools and that I know how to use them. And I'm definitely a girly girl. :p

Archived