DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

MotG Week 4: Ask the Greats!!

shakespeare.jpg

William Shakespeare (circa 1564-1616) was an English poet and playwright, widely regarded as the greatest writer in the English language and the world's preeminent dramatist. He is credited with about 38 plays, 154 sonnets, two long narrative poems, and several other poems. His works have been translated into every living language on the planet and have been performed more than any other playwright in the history of recorded literature.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

woolf.jpg

Adeline Virginia Woolf (1182-1941) was an English writer, regarded as one of the foremost writers of the modernist genre.

She was a member of the Bloomberg Group, and her works include Mrs. Dalloway, To the Lighthouse, and Orlando.

jrrtolkien.jpg

I really don't need to say anything about him do I? Were it not for him, we wouldn't be on this website. None of us would be friends. We would have no clue who one another was. Ther would have been no Jim, no WoT. Let's all just say that we owe him a lot and leave it at that shall we?

georgewashington.png

George Washington (1732-1799) was the first President of the United States of America and the dominant military and political leader of the United States from 1775 to 1799. He led the American victory over England in the American Revolutionary War as Commander-in-Chief of the Continental Army, and presided over the writing of the U.S. Constitution in 1787. He was unanimously elected President in 1789 and was an avid believer in neutrality and isolationism. He is universally regarded as the Father of the United States.

As the leader of the first successful revolution against a colonial empire in world history, the original Gee Doubleya became an international icon for liberation and nationalism, especially in France and Latin America. He is consistently ranked among the top three Presidents in U.S. history, according to polls of both scholars and the general public.

*Ishy's personal note*

While I am extremely grateful of the vision Washington provided to future generations of U.S. citizens, and the overall sacrifice's that President Washington had to endure during his campaign to provide liberty to American Colonists, I am still saddened by G.W.'s ownership of slave labor. While his personal letters would show after his death his desire to end the terrible trend of early American landowners ownership of forced slavery, he never ended his own usage of this horrific fact during his lifetime. While I admire his wish to extend freedom to early Americans, I still feel I must at least make this fact known. I feel a much greater admiration towards his Vice President John Adams, the second President of the U.S., who in his lifetime, never once owned a slave, and represented more than forty slaves in his his capacity as a lawyer, in their attempts to gain the same rights that were granted to U.S. citizens.

The Greats have asked me to extend their gratitude for allowing them to share their insights with all of you (and also to try some of modern civilizations libations. You have no idea how thirsty these guys can get over the course of a few hundred years). They wished me to let you know that they will stay available for the next few days, until the curtain shimmers closed again.

And I would also like to add a special thank you to our medium, Key. Her knowledge of the Tarot, the Ouija Board, and various psychic mysteries have proved invaluable to the insights we've gained this week. Sometimes, her powers scare me......

Archived